Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 "The Secret" gets out
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  6:06:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Now that the secret is on Oprah, it isn't much of a secret anymore, is it?

http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/...secret_x.htm

When I was a kid, the only thing on the bookshelf were some asana books and Autobiography of a Yogi. Another 30 years will bring some wild things to the bookstore!

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  7:00:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think the secret has been much of a secret for some time now

The way AYP is spreading we are going to see some pretty wild things happening all around us in the next 30 years and not just in book stores either
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2007 :  12:49:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cooking with gas!
Go to Top of Page

blujett8

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2007 :  10:20:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I coulnd't be happier about this ! I've been working wth the principles described in the Secret for a while now and have had little luck/skill sharing with family members...especially my ma.....who is very stuck & more than a touch cynical.......just last night she saw Oprah address this movie for the second time and decided to purchase a copy for herself....I was ecstatic!!!
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2007 :  6:30:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was in tears at the end, because I wanted my ma to see it, knowing it would help her.

At the end it said in print, "this will help mom."
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2007 :  9:55:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can you give a sample of the principles you're talking about so I don't have to buy the book to find out?
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2007 :  12:00:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ether,
To me, the samyama lessons are the foundation for principles which are taught in "The Secret", Esther and Jerry Hicks' books regarding the law of attraction, and all other publications with similar teachings.

Hunter
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2007 :  08:44:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Hunter,
Do they teach anything about inner silence being essential for the samyama?
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2007 :  11:45:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Thanks Hunter,
Do they teach anything about inner silence being essential for the samyama?

Of what I have read so far, none of the authors who write about "the law of attraction" specifically teach about the essential foundation of inner silence.
Perhaps there is a large gap in their work because of this missing foundation? I don't know that for sure, but I definitely feel that we are at a great advantage by taking the time to establish ourselves in inner stillness/silence.

Hunter
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2007 :  2:34:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks.
Supposedly, samyama won't work at all without the silence.

But there is something to be said for people who can motivate the masses toward more unity, even if only a little.
Sometimes it is hard to see from a perspective of greater understanding, that the masses can only accept a little at a time, and can't let go of very much at a time, of their former beliefs.
So it is possible that if that gap was filled, the material wouldn't have been accepted so universally by oprah people. maybe a lot of them are of the mindset "what's in it for me?" so samyama wouldn't work for them anyway.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2007 :  3:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Inner silence is synonymous with "surrender," and also with "believing," because these involve letting go of our personal expectations. This is where we can find the connection between samyama and the law of attraction to the extent these are operating with results in our life.

This was discussed in the radio interview on samyama, where the radio host and call-in opened up the discussion from samyama to law of attraction and affirmation style systems. They are all stimulating the same principles of samyama within us that Patanjali expounded in the Yoga Sutras centuries ago.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2007 :  5:32:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish
But there is something to be said for people who can motivate the masses toward more unity, even if only a little.

Yes, absolutely. That is what I appreciate about the afformentioned authors and publications.

Step by step by step, right?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000