Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Chastity belts for celibacy/brahmacharya?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  11:59:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I recently came across these tools called chastity belts where you lock your groin area with a belt like thing and a lock. This is supposed to aid in maintaining celibacy.

http://www.cb-2000.com/cb3000.html

Sounds useful. Anyone used it before? What do you think about this?

jojo

4 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  12:17:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit jojo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don’t hurt yourself with such tools. Don’t force yourself for maintaining Brahmacharyam. If u want to maintain brahmacharyam focus and do it from your heart you need no tools or weapons to maintain brahmacharyam.

But that was an interesting stuff dude!! Don’t hurt your tool by using such tools.

Bless you
-jojo :)
Go to Top of Page

Swami Vajra

42 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  12:41:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Swami Vajra's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
near,

You are aware that such devices are considered "sex toys" that Dominants have their submissive male partners wear, right?
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  07:25:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't you know that S&M is a branch of yoga? ha ha just kidding.
Go to Top of Page

Ingwer

France
4 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  1:40:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ingwer's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
here's the paradox about chastity belts:

the fact of wearing one acts as a constant reminder of what you are actually trying to forget about...

and...to sit in siddhasana might get a little bit tricky too...
(other than that - the cb3000 is supposed to be more "comfortable" by far :-))
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  8:18:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There's no need to try to forget about sex. Sexual energy needs to be controlled and redirected. It only manifests as sexual energy in the sex organs. When you learn to move it up, it's good for other things so you automatically forget about sex as a primary drive. No need to focus on forgetting.
Except the color green. Don't think about the color green. (ha ha).
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  11:40:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Swami Vajra said:
You are aware that such devices are considered "sex toys" that Dominants have their submissive male partners wear, right?

Near, you are way, way, way too innocent. We really can't let you out in the big bad world just yet.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jan 25 2007 11:41:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  08:20:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Near - fwiw, I didn't know that it was a sex toy either. Maybe it has multiple uses, y'all. Some people use a whip for S&M purposes; some use the same whip to flagellate themselves for religious purposes.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  09:27:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Near, you are way, way, way too innocent"

Or maybe the opposite. Maybe Near has seen it all, nothing is shocking, and he just thinks of these things as everyday stuff; no big deal. He's like- I saw something at the S & M club that might help my yoga practices. . .
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  9:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lol, i want to see it all. dont want to be innocent anymore. Actually before I came to US from India I didnt know about all these S&M stuff but in this land of wonders, it's hard to not know about these stuff. I did read about S&M stuff but never tried. Still not grown up enough. :)

anyways coming back to the topic, i thought it can be a good thing for maintaining celibacy. Just lock it and hide the key away for 3 months. May be I am forcing and going against my natural intentions but still it helps me make progress right?

Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2007 :  12:12:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just lock it and hide the key away for 3 months.

Problem is then you lose the key. And then you really want to take it off, and you know you really should take it to the hospital but you are too embarassed. So you decide to do it yourself, using a hammer. And you do end up hurting yourself and going to hospital and being twice as embarrassed. No permanent harm done, but pain for a month. Not worth it. Been there done that.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2007 :  10:30:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
near wrote:
"May be I am forcing and going against my natural intentions but still it helps me make progress right? "

My personal opinion is that it doesn't. There are a lot of "tricks" that will make a difference in the short run that often just backfire. It's like riding a bike and thinking that rocking your torso forward and back is speeding you up. What really speeds you up is more bhakti; either more hours of bhakti during the day or stronger. I don't mean longer meditation, I mean when you're not meditating.

David:
"Been there done that."???? with the hammer and the hospital????
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2007 :  10:57:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
David:
"Been there done that."???? with the hammer and the hospital????

Ether, 'twas but one of those things we call a joke. No excuses now for you, since I used the clown-face and all.
Go to Top of Page

jojo

4 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2007 :  11:41:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit jojo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi near

u r not innocent anymore ... and by the way what is S&M ?? can i know more information about it..

"i thought it can be a good thing for maintaining celibacy. Just lock it and hide the key away for 3 months." 3 MONTHS.... u mean all the 3 months.. R U SERIOUS ?? GOD BELSS U...

- jojo
quote:
Originally posted by nearoanoke

lol, i want to see it all. dont want to be innocent anymore. Actually before I came to US from India I didnt know about all these S&M stuff but in this land of wonders, it's hard to not know about these stuff. I did read about S&M stuff but never tried. Still not grown up enough. :)

anyways coming back to the topic, i thought it can be a good thing for maintaining celibacy. Just lock it and hide the key away for 3 months. May be I am forcing and going against my natural intentions but still it helps me make progress right?

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  07:08:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
David wrote:
"Ether, 'twas but one of those things we call a joke. No excuses now for you, since I used the clown-face and all."

I thought the clown face was how you felt after having done such a thing. But I'll know next time.
Clown face = not reality.

Jojo,
(No clown face, so I assume you're serious?)
S & M could mean science and mechanics to some, but generally it means sadism and masochism; getting sexual excitement from hurting or dominating people or being dominated or hurt yourself. Off topic here, but I think there may be one reference to it if you google it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000