New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

yogani

USA
5219 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2024 :  5:48:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

A new Google AI tool called "NotebookLM" makes it possible to generate podcasts based on submitted content. This was done recently using both volumes of the AYP Easy Lessons books, and the AI podcast on AYP can be listened to here. You will need to be logged in with a Google account to access it.

These are AI generated voices, and it is an amazing discussion. In some ways it is quite accurate, and in other ways not accurate at all!

So let the listener be careful about any AI generated content. Best to be familiar with the original source material, and judge the accuracy of the AI generated content for yourself.

I am sharing this podcast on the Easy Lessons Vols 1&2 books to see what you all think. Can you find the discrepancies misrepresenting the AYP practice instructions? And what has it gotten right?

The AI technology is evolving very fast. What the implications are for sharing spiritual knowledge are yet to be known. These are interesting times.

The guru is in you.

sunyata

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2024 :  7:09:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

I'm always listening to Podcasts. I was elated seeing this post. Few minutes in, I love it : Clear, Crisp and Easy to Listen. This is amazing! The world is going to be interesting with AI.

Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Oct 21 2024 7:11:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5219 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2024 :  8:30:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again All,

Here is an AI podcast just created for the Deep Meditation book. A Google account is needed to access it.

This one is quite accurate on deep meditation instruction, and on resulting experiences and long term results. Perhaps the impressive accuracy is because the DM book is precise and to the point, unlike the ~500 lessons in the two Easy Lessons books, where a person (and an AI) might be inclined to wander off on tangents. The 12 Enlightenment Series books, beginning with Deep Meditation, are designed to be clear, concise and easy to digest. The AI gets it, at least for the Deep Meditation book. It will be interesting to see how the AI does with Spinal Breathing Pranayama and some of the other Enlightenment Series books.

There was some hesitation in putting up the Easy Lessons books AI podcast above, because it has some inaccuracies in it. That is not as true for the Deep Meditation book AI podcast, which is quite accurate, and recommended to anyone looking for a good summary of the book. This AI has a pretty good sense of humor too. It's a fun listen...

Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5219 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2024 :  9:33:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And Hi again All,

Here is an AI podcast on the Spinal Breathing Pranayama book. A Google account is needed to access it.

This one is also quite accurate on the AYP spinal breathing technique, results, and tying it in with a routine involving spinal breathing and deep meditation, which are the foundation of an AYP practice routine.

It turns out these podcasts are good summaries of the Deep Meditation and Spinal Breathing Pranayama books, and quite entertaining. However, nothing in these podcasts should supercede what is in the original writing.

Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5219 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2024 :  4:57:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Hi Yogani,

I'm always listening to Podcasts. I was elated seeing this post. Few minutes in, I love it : Clear, Crisp and Easy to Listen. This is amazing! The world is going to be interesting with AI.

Sunyata

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5219 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2024 :  5:44:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

There was an issue with the AI podcast links for the Deep Meditation and Spinal Breathing Pranayama books above, which now should be fixed. If you have any issues accessing these, do let me know here. Keep in mind that a Google account is necessary to access them.

I hope to be adding a few more AYP book AI podcasts to this topic later today.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5219 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2024 :  9:08:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Below are AI generated podcasts on some more selected AYP books, in addition to the above ones on the Easy Lessons, Deep Meditation and Spinal Breathing Pranayama books.

These are entertaining and informative AI summaries, though the original books contain the full and accurate content. For more listening, in addition to print and ebook editions, all of the AYP books are available in audiobook format.

A Google account is needed to access these AI podcasts. If you have any issues accessing them, let me know here. Feedback is welcome.

Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

The Secrets of Wilder Novel -- AI Podcast
Asanas, Mudras & Bandhas -- AI Podcast
Tantra -- AI Podcast
Samyama -- AI Podcast
Self-Inquiry -- AI Podcast
Eight Limbs of Yoga -- AI Podcast
Prayers & Poems -- AI Podcast

Go to Top of Page

Jeanjean82

France
31 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2024 :  09:47:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

Thanks for these podcast, i have listened one, my english is not great but this podcast seems great and funny. It is amazing what IA can do. Thanks again for your work and dedication (and christi too). Maybe one of the most relevant and complete approach to moving forward on a spiritual path.

Bye
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4501 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2024 :  1:38:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

Very nice!

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5219 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2024 :  1:46:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
873 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2024 :  2:29:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1568 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2024 :  11:40:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The question we need to ask here - would a person listening to these podcasts experience the grace that pervades Yogani's (or Christi's or any long-term practitioner) talks on the same topics?

I personally feel a lack of depth to the AI voices. I would love to hear others' opinion.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5219 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2024 :  5:04:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey and All,

An interesting point. Can an AI emulate a spiritual teacher with similar effect? It is an important question because the role of AI in all of education, including transmissions of spiritual knowledge, is going to increase dramatically in the years ahead. It raises the question on energetic transmissions as well. Do such infusions come from outside, or from awakened bhakti inside? Can there be a measure of grace in AI?

In the case of these podcasts, the voices do not represent themselves as having any spiritual experience or authority. Rather they are "talking heads" (though headless!) summarizing book content, like any non-practicing reviewer might. On the other hand, if they were in teaching mode, transmitting and supporting a well-established body of spiritual knowledge (like AYP), would their "teaching" be credible? Would it be effective in inspiring and supporting practitioners on their path?

These are important questions, because AI is likely going to become much more prevalent in transmissions of spiritual knowledge. We are looking at it as well, in the hope that it might facilitate accurate transmission of the AYP knowledge long into the future, beyond our time here. As the tech evolves, it will likely begin with the addition of an "AI assistant" to AYP Plus, covering the lessons, books and other content - essentially a glorified interactive search feature, like we see emerging in the internet search engines.

What do you think about AI assisting in the transmission of spiritual knowledge, and the implications for increasing access to knowledge for many to undertake the process of human spiritual transformation?

They said it could not be done by people on the internet, and by now I think we have proven them wrong. Can it be done by AI on the internet? That is the question being raised by these amazing advances in AI technology.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

TensorTympani

Sweden
95 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2024 :  9:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

You seem to have a lot of fun with these new tools!

quote:
Can you find the discrepancies misrepresenting the AYP practice instructions?

Challenge accepted!

It didn't take much more than two minutes of the first "podcast" for the first instance of a severe misrepresentation of AYP teachings.
The male voice suggests that for people with their minds racing during meditation they should focus on the breath instead of the mantra. The correct statement would be that unless one is oversensitive to mantra meditation everyone uses the mantra instead of the breath. What follows then immediately after about the solar centering being used for under-sensitive people is also incorrect.

So I agree with Yogani that

quote:
In some ways it is quite accurate, and in other ways not accurate at all!

I stopped listening to it there since glitches in the sound (reminiscent of bad compression artifacts of early-day mp3s) and other subtle non-human features make it unpleasant for me to listen to. There is a lack of precision and an incoherence, as if the two "people" don't actually listen to each other.

Take as an example what is said in the second minute of
https://notebooklm.google.com/noteb...11248d/audio

The female voice asks how meditation works to clear the nervous system from stress. The male voice answers:

m: Your nervous system is like a collection of tuning forks.
f: OK
m: And the mantra that you use in meditation is like a master tuning fork...
f: OK
m: ...that brings all the other tuning forks back into harmony.
f: I like that analogy, that it is a very tangible thing, that you are actually doing something that's refining something in you.

Problems:
1) What male voice says doesn't really answer her question. After all, tuning forks "falling into harmony" don't explain why they remove any tuning-fork-analogue of stress. In Yogani's lessons the tuning fork analogy is used to explain why a mantra has local and global effects on the nervous system, it's not used in the context of clearing obstructions (as far as I remember). However, if one wanted to, one could say that the master tuning fork excites the nervous system into resonant vibration that shakes loose those obstructions (stresses) from the nervous system like dust from dusty tuning forks. This however is not explained by the male voice.
2) The female voice summarised what the male voice explained as "something gets refined". It seems likely that the AI just picked the word "refine," because it's used a lot in the context of DM to explain how the mantra behaves and is experienced. In the tuning fork analogy this would mean that the amplitude of the master tuning fork is reduced and thanks to the entrainment the amplitude of the resonantly vibrating other tuning forks (the excitations in the nervous system) are reduced too.

All that isn't really a problem here, just a missed opportunity to explain something with a coherent analogy and maybe explain even more within the same analogy.

But maybe that's all nitpicking. The bigger problem here is that conversation seems incoherent. And so it feels fake to me, as if these two people are not actually listening to each other. She doesn't care that he didn't answer the question. And she summarises what he said in a strange way that comes out of the blue and isn't reflecting his point.

So if I had to decide whether to use these tools in AYP I would wait a little while until the technology gets good enough to avoid mistakes and has a more natural feel to it. And maybe then one could even teach it to use Yogani's voice and diction, a guru in the shell.

The trust that Yogani's words and his voice (especially in the radio interviews https://www.aypsite.org/audio.html ) instilled in me was crucial to get me going with AYP.

Edit: I missed Yogani's post just before mine. I will reply to it later. I think that's the crucial point that I was describing as instilling a sense of trust.

Edited by - TensorTympani on Oct 25 2024 12:10:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5219 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2024 :  11:21:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TensorTympani,

Thanks for your feedback. It is unfortunate that there were tech issues when you were listening. The Easy Lessons books AI podcast is the least accurate of the several that were created, perhaps because it is trying to summarize ~500 lessons? The DM, SBP and other E-Series book podcasts are more accurate, perhaps because they are summarizing more concise books, but not perfect either. And the Secrets of Wilder one is not a bad book report on the novel.

It is going to be a while, if ever, that AI can convey the feelings and energy expressed in the AYP writings, interviews and audiobooks. Whatever has been going on with AYP all these years has been a joy and a fulfillment here, and I am grateful that there has been some positive effect in the lives of sincere practitioners.

The AI thing represents the future in many avenues of human endeavor. Whether it will in the transmission of practical spiritual knowledge remains to be seen. We are keeping an eye on it.

Thanks again and all the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Jeanjean82

France
31 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2024 :  09:44:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello,

I?m just going to make a small detour to share my vision of AI, or more broadly, how an objective algorithm could assist us on our path. Daniel Kahneman is well known for his work on cognitive biases, for which he was awarded a Nobel Prize in... economics. His book Thinking, Fast and Slow explores human thought mechanisms through two modes of functioning: the first mode (or System 1) is fast, intuitive thinking, which reacts instinctively and often relies on associations or past experiences. It is quick, requires little effort, and is useful in situations where swift responses are needed (we can easily think of several examples). However, this mode is prone to biases and errors, as it relies on cognitive shortcuts.

The second mode (or System 2) is slower and more analytical. It comes into play when deeper reflection and mental effort are required. It is more energy-consuming and can be tiring, so it is not frequently used in everyday life.
The value of Kahneman's work lies in understanding these modes of thinking and how we can implement solutions to optimize our decisions by adequately using these two thought systems.
I personally notice the very insidious nature and the many biases introduced by System 1 thinking, even when we believe we are using System 2. Being assisted by an algorithm (or even by AI) could therefore help limit certain cognitive biases. But how does this apply to the AYP method?

There is a certain rigor and discipline that I think is important to maintain in our practice (particularly with self-pacing), and I believe AI could help us with this.

Any comments?
Bye
Go to Top of Page

TensorTympani

Sweden
95 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2024 :  3:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again,

Yes, after thinking a bit about it I believe that Sey is asking the same, or at least a very similar question. I'm not entirely sure because I don't know exactly how grace (and energetic transmissions Yogani mentioned in the post later) might feel like in real life, or when coming from an audio recording or book, or when coming from an AI.

I would certainly expect some kind of placebo effect to be operating for the recipient. The more the recipient is open to and trusts the source, the more likely the transmission. One year ago, when I had already practiced AYP for a year or so, I was sitting in a train, and re-listened to one of the Ann West interviews https://www.aypsite.com/interviews/...07-2009.html. In it Yogani said that touching his thumb and index fingertips has an effect on him. Either until that point I haven't had paid attention these sensations, or it was one of those transmissions, because when I right there and then touched index fingers and thumbs I was filled with bliss, emanating from my fingertips. Whatever happened there in the train, I'm glad it happened. Could it have happened when listening to an AI or accidentally? For sure.

In any case it's definitely worth trying to find out whether AI can help with learning the AYP resources. The easiest thing it should be capable of doing well (and which might take a lot of work off Christi) is to provide links to lessons and older forum posts in response to new forum questions related to AYP practices.

Here is some clarification on the audio glitches I mentioned. Audio quality isn't necessarily a problem, e.g. the audio in Yogani's radio recordings isn't the best either. It has compression artifacts and his voice came through a phone. Yet, I have no problem filtering all that away somehow. Maybe that's because I grew up with how voices sound through a phone and learned to trust that there is a real voice on the other end. In the case of AI voices (where I didn't had that long-term exposure yet) the opposite seems to happen and instead of filtering the glitches out they feel very artificial.

Take the very first seconds of the DM podcast:
https://notebooklm.google.com/noteb...ce0fc5/audio
where something happens very noticeable, like a speeding up and slowing down of her voice in a split second. I would bet there are these kinds of glitches on a smaller scale everywhere in these podcasts. And most people don't seem to notice them like Fry here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRPPdm09xZ8
It could be just me, and I know a similar discussion is going on youtube about AI generated music.

Edited by - TensorTympani on Oct 25 2024 3:27:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4501 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2024 :  3:25:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
There is a certain rigor and discipline that I think is important to maintain in our practice (particularly with self-pacing), and I believe AI could help us with this.

Hi Jeanjean and all,

I agree. There are ways in which AI could benefit AYP practitioners.

At the moment we are looking for an improved search tool. One which could be integrated with the AYP websites, but where search prompts could be entered, rather than "search words". So, someone could type in "When would it be appropriate to add self-inquiry practices to an AYP daily practice?" for example, and the results returned would actually refer to that specific aspect of Self-inquiry. So far we have not found any tools that could do this. At least not any that can integrate with a website. We have found stand-alone tools, where someone could upload a PDF to a local AI model like NotebookLM and search the texts using prompts. But there seems to be no way of integrating this with a website.

There is also currently an issue with AI tools hallucinating. They produce results that simply bear no relationship to the source material, or which are very distorted. This will hopefully improve with time. Or, it could improve by being able to include a hidden prompt layer, which always runs before any other prompt is added. Something like:

"For all prompts that follow, always only refer to the source material, and only use direct quotes, quoting the lesson numbers where relevant, or book page numbers with links".

I have not seen anything yet that allows for this kind of thing.

If this was available, however, then it could also be used for things like self-pacing advice, because any prompt would work, just as it does with things like ChatGPT. So, someone could ask whether their current self-pacing and grounding practices are sufficient or not, and give a list of their current spiritual practices, symptoms, and self-pacing and grounding steps they have taken recently. At the moment this would be a pretty tough thing for any AI model to produce good advice for, but they are improving all the time.

We could still be looking at two or three years for a "diagnostics and advisory" AYP AI assistant. But for improved integrated search with accurate citations and links, we may be just a year away, or less.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4501 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2024 :  4:16:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

p.s.

Here are some questions put to a modified version of ChatGPT today and the replies it gave back. This modified version has been trained to give good answers to questions about AYP:

Question 1

"When would it be appropriate for someone to take on self-inquiry practices?"

Answer from ChatGPT:

"In the AYP framework, self-inquiry is generally best suited for practitioners who have established a stable foundation in inner silence, typically developed through regular Deep Meditation practice. This base of inner stillness, or "the witness," allows us to observe thoughts, emotions, and experiences with a level of detachment, reducing reactivity and fostering a grounded perspective on self-inquiry topics.

It is recommended that self-inquiry practices be introduced only after some degree of abiding inner silence has been cultivated, as this helps practitioners approach self-inquiry not just intellectually but experientially. When inner silence is present, self-inquiry can unfold naturally, allowing questions like "Who am I?" or reflections on the nature of perception and identity to resonate deeply without overwhelming or destabilizing effects."

Question 2:

"If someone needs to reduce their practice due to experiencing a headache, what would be the best thing for them to reduce first?"

Answer from ChatGPT:

"If a practitioner experiences a headache or other signs of discomfort, reducing practice intensity through "self-pacing" is key. Yogani's guidance suggests that the best place to start is by shortening or temporarily pausing any energy-stimulating practices, like Spinal Breathing Pranayama, before adjusting meditation time. Spinal Breathing Pranayama can amplify energetic flow in the body, which may contribute to discomfort if the nervous system is temporarily over-stimulated.

After adjusting Spinal Breathing, if the headache persists, the next step would be to slightly reduce the duration of Deep Meditation. Keeping adjustments small, such as cutting meditation time by a few minutes, allows the nervous system to rebalance without a complete interruption of the practice routine. Once symptoms improve, the practitioner can gradually reintroduce or lengthen practices to previous levels."

Question 3:

"Is there anything they should do in addition to reducing these practices?"

Answer from ChatGPT:

"In addition to reducing practices, a few supportive measures can help ease discomfort and support rebalancing:

Grounding Activities: Engaging in grounding activities, such as walking in nature, spending time in physical activity, or doing gentle yoga asanas, can help dissipate excess energy in the nervous system and bring stability. Grounding practices are particularly effective in easing symptoms of overload, like headaches.

Rest and Hydration: Extra rest can support the body's adjustment process, and staying well-hydrated can help relieve headache symptoms. Taking short breaks throughout the day or allowing for a bit of extra sleep can aid in balancing the nervous system.

Gentle Diet Adjustments: Eating grounding, easily digestible foods can also help the body stabilize. Avoiding overly stimulating substances like caffeine or large amounts of sugar may further support a smooth recalibration of energy levels.

Self-Pacing Awareness: Consistently tuning in to how the practices feel and adjusting as needed, sometimes even before noticeable discomfort arises can prevent further imbalances. Regular self-assessment and pacing allow for steady, sustainable progress while respecting the body's limits.

Each of these measures supports the overall stability and comfort of the practice journey, helping practitioners resume their routine smoothly when they're ready."

I would say these are shockingly good responses. So, maybe we are much closer than I thought to an AYP AI assistant!

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5219 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2024 :  4:31:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

Not bad at all. What AYP data source is ChatGPT using?

TGIIY
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4501 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2024 :  5:11:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

I believe this is being done with ChatGPT-4 using the AYP books as a data source (probably not including the forums posts book) uploaded to a localised setting. It does not have Retrieval-Augmented Generation (RAG) integrated, which apparently would make it even more accurate.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5219 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2024 :  5:39:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

Were these books uploaded by us? Presumably we are not talking about the books uploaded to Google NotebookLM for the AI podcasts, as ChatGPT-4 comes from another company (OpenAI).

It would be important that we control the knowledgebase an AI is using to answer AYP support questions. As accurate as the ChatGPT answers above are, they are missing a few nuances. For example, when self-pacing, the last practice added before a symptom of imbalance occurs should be the first one to scale back, not necessarily SBP.

There are several levels of AYP knowledgebase that could be used, and we would hopefully have a choice and be able to test responses with different knowledgebase scenarios. One would be the books, some or all. Another would be the online lessons, original or expanded (x2) Plus version. Finally all of AYP Plus, which has the expanded lessons, all the books, interviews, etc. That would be the broadest knowledgebase, but not necessarily the best one to use, depending on the accuracy of responses. When an AI is looking at hundreds of Q&As, with questions sometimes on non-AYP matters, will this drive the AI off on tangents? Whatever the case may be with responses, I hope we will have control over what the knowledgebase used will be, with extensive testing on replies an AI will give based on that knowledgebase. As the old saying goes in the computer world, "Garbage in, garbage out" which we would certainly like to avoid. Not that any part of AYP is "garbage," but to a less than extensively trained and tested AI, there is no telling what might come out.

All of that said, the test results you provided above are pretty impressive. A good first step...

Thanks!

TGIIY
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4501 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2024 :  7:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

Yes, this is being done by books uploaded by us, to a local test environment within ChatGPT-4. Right now it is certainly not perfect, as you say, and is making mistakes. But, I would say it is getting more right than it is getting wrong. So, it is an impressive first-step.

In an ideal world, if we could produce something like this that was trained on the AYP books and lessons (and possibly your forum posts and radio interviews as well), and then further trained by humans, then we could eventually arrive at something that does produce correct advice, at least 99.9% of the time. In other words, if we could spot and correct the mistakes, and it would then remember the corrections, and give the right answer the next time, then that would really be something!

Of course, providing it with the right data set to begin with would be important. The more accurate that is, the less human training/ correction would be needed. We have the ability to adjust the data sets it is working from in localised environments.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2288 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2024 :  02:24:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This conversation is well above my knowledge level, but enjoying it!

Tensor,

quote:
I would certainly expect some kind of placebo effect to be operating for the recipient. The more the recipient is open to and trusts the source, the more likely the transmission. One year ago, when I had already practiced AYP for a year or so, I was sitting in a train, and re-listened to one of the Ann West interviews https://www.aypsite.com/interviews/...07-2009.html. In it Yogani said that touching his thumb and index fingertips has an effect on him. Either until that point I haven't had paid attention these sensations, or it was one of those transmissions, because when I right there and then touched index fingers and thumbs I was filled with bliss, emanating from my fingertips. Whatever happened there in the train, I'm glad it happened. Could it have happened when listening to an AI or accidentally? For sure.

We are on parallel paths! Placebo experiments have but one subject, it works for you or not. What I do believe and experience, when quiet and open, that my attention has influence on an intention. I certainly would have been blissful too, we have built ourselves for that.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5219 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2024 :  6:43:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

There is an AI generated podcast on Christi's Kundalini Awakening Book that you can find over here. It's accuracy is pretty good, similar to the other AI Podcasts linked above.

Looks like the AI future has arrived, along with its many advantages, and pitfalls.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1568 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2024 :  05:46:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by TensorTympani

I certainly would not call the transmission from a spiritual master through his/her written word, talk or reading (even if in not in person) some kind of placebo effect. It acts like a trigger to instantaneously bring you to Samadhi (a state of grace).

The question Yogani poses is very relevant: Do such infusions come from outside, or from awakened bhakti inside? Can there be a measure of grace in AI?

My experiential deduction thus far has been that the master (the person need not have a lofty title) acts like a trigger to the awakened bhakti inside. My thoughts are the master is sufficiently soaked in inner silence that it spills over into words and speech and affects others. But funnily, this spontaneous going into samadhi does not occur for me with ALL known masters but a selected few. Why one and not another? Why one sacred text and not another? I have been unable to figure it out. I am guessing some frequency sync?
For example I love listening to Samaneri Jayasara - she brings me to samadhi even before she even opens her mouth.
I also love listening to Rupert Spiro but he does not have the same effect in me.
There are books like Sengcan's Xinxinming that is purely a transmission. Its verses otherwise make no sense to the logical mind.

I have gone off topic, haven't I?
Sorry.

Sey

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000