Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Tantra ashrams, where can I go?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Xoty

Spain
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2024 :  10:15:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi to everyone!

I'm so glad that I've found this forum! Thanks for all the kwnolege you are sharing!

I'm preparing a trip for India (or maybe Nepal?) with the objective of finding an ashram or temple where learn about classic Tantra. Do you have any suggestion about where to head?

The only thing I'm finding at the moment are occidental oriented schools

Christi

United Kingdom
4444 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2024 :  11:51:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Xoty,

I would suggest asking Christopher Wallis. He is a Sanskrit scholar and practitioner of Classical Tantra. He has translated some of the classical tantric texts. He would be a good person to ask about Classical Tantric ashrams and temples.

As you probably know AYP is not Classical Tantra although it is inspired by many of the Classical Tantra practices and some of the philosophy behind Classical Tantra. Generally AYP uses more modern practices and is based on more modern philosophy than is found in Classical Tantra. A simple Google search for Christopher Wallis would bring up his website and Facebook page etc.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000