Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Ideal Male Orgasm Frequency for Spiritual Progress
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

elderberry

USA
42 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2024 :  10:58:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Yogani writes that male orgasm once per week is not likely to have a significant negative impact on spiritual progress.

However, as a practitioner of tantra, I must say that there is certainly a noticeable difference in my sexual energy levels comparing one week without ejaculation vs. one month or longer.

Is once per week actually the upper limit in terms of diminishing returns from tantra?

Or, if it suits one's lifestyle, could one expect to get even more powerful results from having fewer orgasms (once every 2 weeks, once per month, etc)?

I understand this sort of thing is highly subjective to the individual, their baseline level of sexuality, their age, their degree of existing ecstatic conductivity, etc. However, I am just trying to dig a little deeper on this and see if others have experienced more powerful results by pushing things a little farther.

Edited by - elderberry on Aug 10 2024 11:03:41 PM

Dogboy

USA
2245 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2024 :  1:59:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I understand this sort of thing is highly subjective to the individual, their baseline level of sexuality, their age, their degree of existing ecstatic conductivity, etc. However, I am just trying to dig a little deeper on this and see if others have experienced more powerful results by pushing things a little farther.

Obviously the more a yogi can forgo orgasm and the loss of essence, the more powerful bramacharya is as a practice. Strict bramacharya can also become a hindrance if a yogi develops a strong attachment to maintaining celibacy or the practice itself causes instability, discomfort, or distraction in everyday life. As natural vajroli takes hold in a yogi, there may be little loss in orgasm as the system is moving sexual essence upward on a continuous basis. Keep "collecting data" on your practices to find the stability sweet spot that works in your case.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000