Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 home
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2007 :  06:14:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I just recently moved from my parents' place to a new apartment. What I now realize is that my true home is my central nervous system. It may sound strange, but my meditation seat is my home, no matter where I may find myself... just wanted to share that.

peace
cosmic troll

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2007 :  3:17:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great to hear! Thank you for sharing! I am happy with you, and recognize the feeling!

I have recently also found out that I am actually completely satisfied with being at work, since it is no more comfortable to be "home" at my appartment. I realized "I can just as well be at work doing stuff as being at home doing stuff, as long as I do stuff that has to be done. What is the difference?" I felt at home at work as well. I am home when I travel between the places - train seats are very "homey". I no longer wish to get home from work as soon as possible on friday evening, to get home and relax. As if it doesn't matter where my body happens to be or do. As long as I am somewhere doing something good.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2007 :  3:24:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice to hear cosmic and EMC -- I can relate to it, and another related phenomenon which is time- rather than place-related. In the last few years, when I first wake up, I'm less aware of whether it is a working day or weekend.

This is of course all about having a more settled, less-stressed nervous-system to which "away" and "home", and "working" and "free" are less different than they used to be.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jan 19 2007 3:24:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2007 :  3:45:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting that, Cosmic Troll. The reminder made me feel happy and relieved.
Go to Top of Page

Zelebe

Netherlands
35 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2007 :  03:37:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can relate to it very well too. Since I 'm meditating, now almost about a month, I'm developing an untouchable stability inside like a rock, to which I always can 'hang on' to. The impression of being moved by 'outer' events or emotions is becoming less. Ofcourse it's not that I'm unsensitive or don't feel nothing, but that I'm not swept away by them.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2007 :  04:12:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Right on. It's good to hear all of your input.

quote:
Originally posted by david_obsidian

In the last few years, when I first wake up, I'm less aware of whether it is a working day or weekend.

Hey David. Does each day feel like the weekend to you, or do you not make that distinction? I ask because I've sometimes felt the weekend vibe during the work week. It's almost like when at work I feel like I'm living instead of like I'm working...
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2007 :  8:53:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic_troll

I just recently moved from my parents' place to a new apartment. What I now realize is that my true home is my central nervous system. It may sound strange, but my meditation seat is my home, no matter where I may find myself... just wanted to share that.

peace
cosmic troll

thanks for sharing

when I was 16 on my first trip to New York........I had a window seat
I was amazed how the clouds looked downbelow............
It sent a some sort of bliss through me.....I didn't know what it was at the time

but there was something about that space .........that layer
as I continued adoring the clouds ...........very soon after.......the word .........home came out of my mouth.....
I was a bit puzzled.........still...... actually at my unconscious response
so I became stuck with the thought that home meant the heavens......

I just thought I'd share this with you too!

Namaste
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000