Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Cheers to 007!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  02:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Happy New Year fellow seekers of the Divine

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  02:39:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy New Year to ALL!!!!
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  02:41:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HAPPY NEW YEAR YOU TOO AND ALL!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  03:06:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy New Year All...
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  03:41:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Aum Sarveshaam Swastir Bhavatu
Sarveshaam Saantir Bhavatu
Sarveshaam Poornam Bhavatu
Sarvesham Mangalam Bhavatu

Auspiciousness be unto all,
Perfect peace be unto all,
Fullness be unto all,
Prosperity be unto all.

Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinaha
Sarve Santu Niraamayah
Sarve Bhadrani Pasyantu
Maa Kaschid Duhkha Bhaag Bhavet

Happiness be unto all,
Perfect health be unto all,
May all see good in everyone,
May all be free from suffering.

Aum, Asato Ma Sad Gamaya
Tamaso Ma Jyotir Gamaya
Mrityor Maamritam Gamaya

Lead us from unreal to real,
Lead us from darkness to light,
Lead us from the fear of death
To knowledge of immortality.

Lokaah Samastaah Sukhino Bhavantu

May the entire universe be filled with
Peace and Joy
Love and Light

Aum Shantih Shantih ShantiH - Namaste,

Kirtanman

HAPPY NEW YEAR, HAPPY 2007 -- ONE* / ALL*

*Synonomous ... Same ...
One = All = You = That = This =
Saravam Hyetad Brahma =
All This is Verily Brahman
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  07:23:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Summing up 2006

Voice from speaker:

- Congratulations! You have just won a car!
- What? Where? She turned around and around again and saw nothing. Who are you?
- I am the automatic voice in the car you are now sitting in.
- ?
- Don't worry, you'll understand when we start the ride *giggling*

And *wooosh*, she suddenly found herself in some sort of car and she went fast, very fast! She could hear the tires squeak in the turns and it seemed to be a rather bumpy road.

- Heeeyyy! What the hell... Stop immediately! She shouted and protested and got very, very scared!
- Don't you like the view?, said the speaker voice, with a smiling and sexy voice.

She looked out the window and saw marvelous landscapes like in a fairy tale or the Lord of the ring; she felt the excitement due to the speed tingling in her body, she saw some of her old friends in other cars driving beside her, waving, but too far away to really be able to communicate. She waved back, looking bewildered with a funny grin on her face, showing a mix of total confusion, delight, wonder and fear.

*Kabomp, buff, bump* The car made a wild series of jumps over some rocks and she hit her head in the roof.
- Heeyyy, how are you driving? Slow down for God's sake! You'll get us killed!
- I am not driving, the voice said calmly.
- Whaaaaaaat... then who is???? She panicked and started to take a good look around inside the car instead of outside. She found herself sitting in the back seat and no one was at the wheel! The speaker voice cleared its voice and said:
- No one, it seems. Quite fascinating, isn't it?
- Gaaahhh... it is cheer stupidity! Putting me in a car like that and taking me on a dangerous ride with no driver???!?!?! Are you mad? Stop at once!
- I can't. I did not choose this car for you, you won it! I just followed as a part of the prize.

*cough, cough*
She looked up and found she was not alone in the car. How could she have missed it? Her partner was sitting in front in the passenger seat. Now he was turning backwards, leaning over the seat, smiling at her and said a bit embarrassed:
- He he... actually, I was the one who sort of.. gave you the winning lot. You would have won sooner or later, but I thought it was suitable for you to get a car now.
- What? YOU???? And you just sit there? DO SOMETHING!
- Sorry, I can't. I just gave you the lot, now it is your business to handle the prize!

She did not know what to do. The car was just going on and on, and she became more and more angry and confused. Then she took up her notebook and started to write. She formulated a cry for help and without any plans she threw it out of the window. She hoped a miracle would happen, that someone out there would find the note and tell her what to do.

After a while the miracle did happen!!! A small Italian Fiat drove up beside her and a nice gentleman sitting in the tiny red car smiled at her and lowered the window. She lowered the window as well and felt his calmness. He seemed to actually slow down in order to be able to talk to her, and although the travelling velocity was still high, he did not seem to be bothered by any bumps or wild turns...

- Hi! I'm Yogani, I found your message! *big smile showing white teeth* Let me tell you that it is our innate desire for evolution that moves us forward in the cars. It is part of you, and me, and everyone. Well, maybe you want no part of it, but it is part of you, and here you are. Moahahaha! He cracked up in a gigantic laughter and blew the horn a few times, and continued:

- In any case, the sooner you get in the driver's seat the better. Paradoxically, this is a surrender to who and what you are, and to what you can be... You will know what it is as it happens. By the way, nice car you have! A little too big for you right now, but that's okay. You'll grow into it! And by the way... meditation is cool! Watch out for the rocks on the road! Ciao!

The nice man in the little modest and humble Fiat, increased his speed, drove towards the horizon, faded away and was gone. She sat there pondering for a while, totally at ease. 'That man sure had a nice impact on my mood' she thought and even fell asleep for a while.

She woke up and made a decision. Climbed over the seat with some effort (athletics was never her favourite) and rubbed her rump into the driver's seat. It felt awkward and strange, but more right than to sit in the back, anyway! Now she got a better view of the landscape. The road would be too much to say... The speaker said:
- Okidoki! So, now we're talkin'! Welcome to the front!
- Thanks. Let's see what we have here... Ah! Turbo button pushed in??? I guess I can do something about that! She switched off the turbo and the car slowed down. She smiled as the ride became less bumpy and woke up her partner who was still sleeping. She asked him to take out the instruction manual from the box.
- Hm. There's two of them here! One says it's a qi gong car, the other one that it's a yoga car!

*Splatt* *Blop* *Katchung*
Several books landed in her knee, as if someone had beamed them to her. She read the names of authors... Eckhart Tolle, Buddha, Byron Katie, Gary Zukav, Deepak Chopra, Osho, Barry Long...
- Wow! I get some more help for free here! Thank you! She shone and sent a silent thank you upwards as if God had given her the books. She started to read, in a hurry. She read faster and faster and the car also started to go faster and faster again... 'Ouch. What is happening? Gotta look for some more info on how to handle this...' She got stuck in reading. Her partner handed over a few more books and the car was now increasing speed constantly while she was busy burning her mind up.

Cars started to come up beside her more frequently, all drivers giving excellent advice on how to learn to drive. Anthem and Shanti yelled with some worry in their voices:
- Hi there, we think you should SLOW DOWN a bit! It looks bumpy! Remember to SELF-PACE! And by the way, is it really true that you are driving a car? How do you feel when you believe that thought?

The wizard riptiz showed up on a broom and said with a dark voice, like Sean Connery acting James Bond:
- You're cool, babe. I just scanned your engine and your car is quite balanced!

Meg swayed a bit while driving and bumped into her car as if she wanted to make sure she had her attention, saying in a low voice:
- But my dear, there is no reason to keep a man in your car who is not serving you or making your life better. Pssst! Get rid of him!

Kirtanman chuckled as he drove past in a... BMW...????
- Yes! It is actually a BMW! Why wouldn't I have that, I'm used to those! Now, be aware of the fact that your car knows what it is doing, to paraphrase one of my favourites, Adyashanti. We really, really don't have to try to control it. (*giggle* "Something's tickling my leg ..... oh my God, it's an animal -- and it looks all coked-out .... oh my God, what's it doing to the soup bowl?! - aaaAAAaaaaAAAaaahhhhhh!!) Kirtanman left with a ferret squeezing its nose to the back window.

Katrine came up on the side on a hovercraft passing on some words of clarifying wisdom:
- Noooo, don't you SEEEEE? You ARE the car! Don't try to separate yourself from the car. You have always been the car and there is no destination. You ARE the destination also! The car is happening in the space you already are, at the very destination! You just don't seeee it! She left with a deep sigh!

David_obsidian made a fine and quite logic remark:
- Well, pretty much all cars are only approximate, and pretty much all can be used naively, or taken too far. Unfortunately, if your car is taken too far or naively, it can mean you 'get your head stuck in the steering wheel', like an ostrich, and think it is holy to do so. Mind where you put your head while driving!

Weaver, with a soft and gentle humming in the background:
- While you drive the bumps relieve a lot of karmic ties, and allow much spiritual growth. The rocks would have needed to be bumped into another time instead, so it's much better now, and be able to move on, spiritually and otherwise. My best wishes!

Wow! So much fantastic help! What wonderful friends! She really tried to listen and understand while she tried to read 10 books at the same time, while trying to understand the two instruction manuals and got more and more stressed. The road became very bumpy again, now moving in a landscape that became more and more wild and strange. The speaker voice said:
- This is a qi gong car. You should learn how to drive according to taoism and buddhism.
She felt happy for a while and the car seemed to find a nice road without bumbs. Then the voice said:
- This is a yoga car. You should learn how to drive according to yoga and especially AYP. The car took a turn and was suddenly on another smooth road. She was confused again.

A car came up beside her with a bunch of people screaming to her:
- YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE ONE ROAD! DON'T MIX, THEN YOU ARE DOOMED!
It is not to exaggerate things became a bit too much for her. She was again in high speed, crashing into rocks, trying to hold all the books open while steering the wheel... now with lots of contradicting information and she just knew something was wrong. She looked at her partner in despair. He smiled with no signs of empathy. She felt a warning from her stomach and the speaker voice said:
- Trust your intuition!
She looked down at the turbo button. It was pushed in again!
- Noooooooooo! Holy Moses! You pushed in the turbo again! You %#&¡¨#!!! He started to giggle. She turned the turbo off, car slowing down. He turned it on, car speeded up again. She turned it off... and there they were for a while, fighting over the turbo. Eventually, she leaned over his knees, opened the door, lifted her right leg and kicked him out! Phew!
- Thank you very much for the car and everything, but now --> bye, bye!

He was gone and now she was alone, more focused and determined on learning how to drive the car. In spite of all the troubles in the beginning, she had started to enjoy the ride! 'Darn, that woman Meg was right, wasn't she?' she thought and laughed at the fact that you must go through the experience yourself in order to learn.

She had not looked around while being busy with her ex. Now she looked up and found lots of cars around her, going on the same road. She was still on the yoga road, and others continued to shout friendly advice to her now and then! The speaker voice was there again:

- Congratulations once more. You have now found out a bit more about your car and you are now driving more safely.
- Yes, thank you! It's a great car, isn't it?
- Yes, it truly is!
- But is it a yoga car? What about all the signs of it being a qi qong car?
- To be honest... I think those eastern fellows who make cars are a bit confused themselves. You know cars today... they are all a blend of parts from different factories, one part is from Toyota, another from Kia and then they put all parts together to make it a car with a special name on it, then in the end it turns out they all have the same supplier anyway...

As things were going smoother and smoother, she was getting more comfortable in the driver's seat and one year's journey was about to go into a second year, Jim and His Karma showed up with a happy face:
- You're not driving the car. Relax your grip on the wheel a little, and you'll see that it's true! :) Happy New Year!

Funny, how you always seem to end up where you began...

With love to you all and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
/emc

Edited by - emc on Jan 01 2007 10:51:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

yoginstar

Netherlands
78 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  07:42:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit yoginstar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
verrry impressive Kirtanman!

Over here we wish you all a wonderful new year also!
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  08:26:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Richard

Edited by - Richard on Jan 01 2007 08:45:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  08:56:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy New Year everyone

Great reads emc and Kirtanman

Louis
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  09:55:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Happy New year to All!!!!!!!!!!

Babaly
Go to Top of Page

Athma_Shakti

India
81 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  10:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Athma_Shakti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
a normal person questioned mass-energy equation (e=mc square) of Albert Einstein.

is it necessary to derive so much of complex equations which causes confusion to understand the simple concept that, mass can be converted to energy and energy to mass?

a student of physics answered: the final equation is the result of those derivations.

---

wish you all happy 2007 filled with joy, peace, ecstatic conducty, inner silence etc etc and lots of good meditations
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  10:22:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If e=mc squared, then what is emc equal to?
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  10:36:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL, Sparkle!

Edited by - emc on Jan 01 2007 11:18:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  10:39:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle

If e=mc squared, then what is emc equal to?

A realy nice read

Nice post EMC loved it

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  2:07:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Happy New Year 2007 to All Y'All out there in Cyberland!

May this New Year be your best year ever...overflowing with the Blessings of Divine Light and Love for All!

http://hicards.com/platinum/top10/newyear1.html
http://hicards.com/platinum/newyear/party3.html
http://hicards.com/platinum/newyear/party4.html

Hari OM!

Doc
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  8:15:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wish you one and all a very happy and "spiritually productive" new year!!

Cheers,
Near
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  11:20:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

Summing up 2006

Hi EMC,

WOW -- looks like I have a little competition in the Creative Mega-Post Division!

Thanks for this -- entertaining and poignant, at the same time.

I like it when that happens!

And I can't speak for anyone else, but my little "cameo" in your post gave me:

*Some stuff to consider ("BMW mentality" vis-a-vis my current "Abundance-Challenged" situation).

*Some stuff I was glad to see you connected with me (Adyashanti / "Life knows what it's doing").

*Some stuff that was kinda "vintage Kirtanman", if I do say so myself ... (the coked-out ferret and its vigorous i(CENSORED, EXTREMELY)ion with an innocent soup bowl as "metaphor for the ego, and its relationship with the world around it". )

Way cool ---- thanks!

(And no, I'm not *that* narcissistic -- I'm pretty sure ..... re: focus on myself ..... it's more a matter of: I can't "read" anyone else's cameos in quite the same way, other than to say that some of them sure do seem like their public persona in the Forum -- but if mine is any indication, it seems like you have quite the ability to extract the essence of what people have to say!

Very cool way to "ring out the old, and ring in the new!"

And once again:

Happy New Year, to All!

And to the couple of other folks who mentioned my New Year's post --- thanks for the kind words!

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Jan 03 2007 11:27:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2007 :  3:24:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ooops, missed this one! Thank you for that post, Kirtan! Glad you liked it!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000