Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Woah! Now what?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ritualista

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2021 :  10:13:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi there,
A little about me: I'm a 44 year old female, committed yoga practitioner. I lived in India for 9 years working, and studying yoga, and soaking up amazing energy. (I'm an India-phile for sure.)

When I say yoga, I mean asana. I spent most of my time in India intently studying both Sivananda (6 years) and Ashtanga (3 years), but I was also working full time, which I always need to remind people.

I've been back in the USA for 18 months and do a self practice every morning for 75 minutes. (A mix of both, if you can believe that.) I pray to various Hindus gods and goddesses every day, but am rather pedestrian in my devotion, I'd say.

I'm a sexually active vegetarian. In addition to the yoga asana practice, I'm active: hiking, biking, etc. I'm a non drinker (clean and sober)

I'm the picture of good health, in my opinion.

Anyhow, a friend recommended some online Kia Miller classes on Glo and I I got a week trial to check them out. I've done them enthusiastically for four days. (Loving them!)

Yesterday, I was high as a kite. Boundless energy. Floating through life. This morning, I did two more intense 30 minute videos. Afterward, my feet felt numb. Through the day, they stayed numb. I had no energy all day. My feet, as I type this, are numb and my hands are cold.

Imagine my surprise when I googled it and found this forum!!!

This is not the power of suggestion! I was completely ignorant of all of this and the potential side effects. Naturally, I'm so excited! I want to wake my Kundalini, of course. Do I keep going full throttle?

I did some other reading on this site and I know tingling feet are normal. However, what's the advice? Should I keep going with my enthusiasm or are the tingling feet something to be concerned about?
I can't seem to find that. I apologize if this is a boring question that everyone asks.

Thanks in advance and lots of love.
R.

Christi

United Kingdom
4365 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2021 :  10:31:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ritualista,

Welcome to the forums!

Obviously we can't give advice on other systems of yoga practice, as we don't know how experiences produced by these systems of practice will play out over the long term.

When it comes to the awakening of kundalini, it is important to be using a system of practice which is designed to awaken kundalini safely and in a controlled way. There are many systems of yoga and practices out there, and they do not always do this. If you read through the main lessons on this site, you will get a good idea about what it means to be using a safe system of yoga and about how kundalini can be awakened in a balanced and controlled way. The lessons start here. The lessons on spinal breathing (lessons 39 to 54) contain quite a bit of information on how to work safely with kundalini, as do the lessons on the mudras and bandhas (lessons 55 and 56).

See also lesson 69:

Lesson 69 - Kundalini Symptoms, Imbalances and Remedies

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000