New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  09:17:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sadhak,

Just to make sure, are you right-clicking the download link and navigating to "save target as" on the menu that pops up? Otherwise, your browser might try to open the file instead of saving it, which sounds like what might be happening in your case.

Namaste,
Brett
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  09:59:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, for those on dialup 20 MB is a big file to download. A slow connection also explains why the streaming stops regularly. It could be good if the big .mp3 file was split up into the smaller segments as an alternative download. Also, many email services prevent attachments larger than a certain size, sometimes 10 MB, so smaller segments would be easier to email as well.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  1:57:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

We got the go-ahead for the interview topic schedule for the rest of January.

The AYP Audio Page has been updated. So now we are scheduled to introduce topics from the first five AYP Enlightenment Series books:

Deep Meditation
Spinal Breathing Pranayama
Tantra
Asanas, Mudras & Bandhas
Samyama

With a little luck, we will be able to get it all on the air, and recorded. Keep your fingers crossed.

I also added the call-in numbers (at bottom of audio page) for those who would like to plan ahead. Would love to hear from you live on the radio.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  5:53:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

This is a tip for online listening...

For those with dial-up or other slow internet, you can pause the online player and wait for the segment of the show you are on to download a bit, and then play it. As long as the moving track button does not catch up with the wiggly download progress bar, you will be okay. If it does, just pause the player and give the wiggly download bar a chance to get ahead again. That should make it possible for anyone to listen online.

Downloading the entire MP3 (20 MB) is another matter.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  02:48:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Brett... you've nailed it. That's what I was doing. I'll right click and download (as soon as network is up)

And thanks Yogani... I'll wait a bit in future if I've to listen online. Though I do have broadband. And that's great about the Jan schedule. Too bad I can't call in... but I'm sure a lot others will.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  08:18:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For those of us with dial-up who want to download the interviews, it's better to use a download manager that will let you lose connection or shut off the computer and restart later. I use "NetAnts" because it's free, but it has banners (google it).
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  9:56:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For those who missed tonight's broadcast, it is now available for streaming or download on the AYP Audio Page.

http://www.aypsite.com/audio.html

Namaste,
Brett
Go to Top of Page

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  12:45:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Brett,
You da man! Thanks so much for your contributions!
Paul
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  12:16:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Brett.
Esp. since I missed the Meditation one.. and did not feel too bad missing it since I knew Brett would have it covered... so no worries..
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  11:57:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Due to more basketball games on WSAI, the AYP interviews will be starting at about 7:30 pm for the next two Sundays (instead of 7 pm), and running until 9:00 -- that is up to 1 1/2 hours on the air instead of 1 hour. I said thank you very much.

The audio page has been updated accordingly: http://www.aypsite.com/audio.html
That is the place to look for the latest scheduling information.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  12:02:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

The January 14th radio interview recording on Tantra is available for listening and download here: http://www.aypsite.com/audio.html

Many thanks to Brett for capturing it and making it available for everyone to listen to.

Wishing you all the best on your path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2007 :  09:39:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Got the word from Scott Fitzgerald that we are on 7-8 pm this week (Jan 21st), instead of 7:30-9:00 pm. No basketball game, apparently.

I modified the audio page to suit.

This week we are covering Asanas, Mudras, Bandhas and Kundalini.
Looking forward to "seeing" you on the air.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2007 :  10:22:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Brett,
Once again, I say thank you to you for making available the radio interviews, it is very much appreciated.

Hunter
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2007 :  12:31:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great show on Samyama, Yogani.

I think it is really great that the principles behind teachings such as "the law of attraction", "the power of intention", etc, are finally being clarified through the practice and explanation of samyama.

Although there are many inspiring books that deal with the subject of the "power of thought", somehow I always feel as if they are missing a critical piece that makes the books or movies unemployable as practical and reliable methods. But now the gap is filled with the explanation of samyama.

Some of the aformentioned books and movies have been posted in the forum, such as The Secret (movie), Esther and Jerry Hicks' books, Think and Grow Rich, and many, many more...

Edited by - Hunter on Jan 29 2007 12:34:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2007 :  11:45:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hunter,

Glad to be of service.

Namaste,
Brett

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000