New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2006 :  1:03:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Note (added Jan 2): Radio interviews are scheduled for every Sunday evening in January. Details can be found on the AYP Audio Page.
-----------------------

Hi All:

Have just received word that I am scheduled to be interviewed live on the radio again, Sunday, Dec 31, at 7 pm eastern time (one hour show), USA.

That's this Sunday, New Year's Eve!

The radio station is 1360AM WSAI in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The interview will be webcast live from this link:
http://1360wsai.com/pages/streaming.html

For those in other time zones, see this link showing times around the world matching Sunday, 7 pm eastern time, USA.

Many locations outside the USA will not be able to listen live. We have plans to record the show and put it on the AYP website like we did the November interview.

If you have the ability to record live audio feed on your computer, please do so. It is always good to have backup recordings in case our recording efforts here don't work.

Here we go again!

The guru is in you.

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2006 :  6:42:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

Is it meant to be an introduction to AYP, to yoga sitting practices in general or can we pretty much ask any question we like?

Good luck by the way and Happy New Year!

A
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2006 :  6:49:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Looking very much forward to this Yogani!

Hope Brett is around to record it, he did such a fine job last time.
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2006 :  7:18:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Wherever you are, whatever your condition is, always try to be a lover".

Jalaluddin Rumi

May your words open doors to the heart:

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Dec 29 2006 8:11:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2006 :  11:04:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andrew:

Call-ins would be great, and it is pretty much wide open, since this has happened so fast that there is no planned subject for the show yet. Just keep in mind that there may be a lot of folks new to yoga listening. So I would not expect to be giving a detailed dissertation on kechari mudra.

Hi Weaver:

Yes, Brett is on it. A few backup recordings would not hurt, just in case.

Hi Vil:

Rumi is one of my favorites.
"Keep walking, though there is no place to get to ... Move, but not the way fear makes you move..."

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2006 :  11:22:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just a thought that if people call in from here it could be good to ask questions related to introductory practices, for example "How do you actually do deep meditation" etc.
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2006 :  03:49:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Weaver,
That might be a good idea... just one or two questions to direct the talk to the ayp practices. Random calls can sometimes lead the subject at hand away from the focus.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2006 :  09:26:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

It might be good to focus this interview more on deep meditation, including some basic instructions. Call-ins can be on that, or anything -- the more the merrier. We can always bring the discussion back to deep meditation. Everything always gets back to that -- inner silence.

I will see what Scott (the host) thinks about this approach.

Also, it should be mentioned that the show has had some financial shortfalls, and donations to the the non-profit charity announced on the show can be earmarked for the radio show. The future of the show is somewhat in question for financial reasons, so they can use any support folks can offer. The cost per show is $300, I believe.

Originally, I was scheduled to be on every weekend in January to fill in for the sponser, Will, who just left for a month in India. Not sure where that stands with the financial shortfall. Donations could make the difference. I am willing to do the interviews in January if the show stays on the air.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2006 :  12:11:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe the interview is worth an announcement on your yahoo groups or on the main AYP sites?

A
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2006 :  2:58:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andrew:

I plan on doing that later today or early tomorrow. Have been backed up here with family matters.

Hunter, have you got MySpace covered?

Thanks.

TGIIY

Go to Top of Page

waterkyte

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2006 :  7:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit waterkyte's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

I really enjoyed your November interview. Thank you very much for sharing like this. I'll tell you, I practiced meditation, just sitting in a chair in the emergency ward when I had to wait there for over 3 hours for (don't worry, nothing serious as it turned out) - but anyway the point is, I noticed after I opened my eyes that people around me seemed to be more serene. I just sat with my eyes closed for about an hour, and I don't think anyone could tell that I was meditating... But it was so jagged and awful at first, all the anxiety in there, and it really calmed down. It's really quite amazing isn't it? I guess people can pick up certain vibes or very subtle cues unconsciously, but it's still very intriguing to me. Thanks again!

Waterkyte
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2006 :  11:34:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great, Yogani!

Although I can't listen from Norway, I'll tune in live anyway
That is about one hour into 2007 for this body...

Thank you!

All the best

Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2006 :  8:09:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For those who weren't able to tune in, the recording should be available for streaming or download tomorrow.

Happy New Year everyone!
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2006 :  8:41:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Brett! Happy New Year you too and All!

And Yogani, this was a great show!
All the essentials for deep meditation so well covered!
Wondering about how many listeners this station might have?
Go to Top of Page

shivakm

USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  05:27:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit shivakm's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I have missed this interview. I just checked my email and found the news about this radio show. Anyway, I hope that the interview will be available to listen on the aypsite like the previous one.

Yogani, I am grateful to you for all the wonderful things that I have learned from your website in the past two months. My meditation is going really well after two months of practice. Not only have you mastered all these techniques, but also bothered to share it with the rest of the world freely without any reservations. Indeed you are doing a great service to the humanity.

Shiva.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  12:11:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Compliments of Brett -- the interview recording (great job!):

Play now -- http://www.aypsite.com/audio/interview1206.html

MP3 Download -- http://www.aypsite.com/audio/downlo...-31-2006.mp3

The AYP Audio Page on the website is being updated with the recording and other new information, and will be up today. (PS: It is up now.)

All the best for 2007!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  9:56:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

Congratulations on another successful radio interview! It was very informative and well presented, hopefully many listeners will be inspired to try AYP out.

Just a suggestion, not sure if this was the case this time, but the 877 number they were giving out doesn't accept international calls, so perhaps listing the local number too would be helpful for those of us from abroad who may want to call in. (I think the local number was only mentioned once at the beginning of the program.)

Anyway looking forward to hearing what day and time you will be on next week.

thanks and all the best,

A

Edited by - Anthem on Jan 01 2007 10:01:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  10:13:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Andrew. It was fun.

Next week we will do Spinal Breathing Pranayama -- same time, same place. The particulars are on the AYP Audio Page now.

I'm pretty sure both phone numbers were given on the show, but just in case, they are:

Toll free: 877-345-3779
Local number (toll call outside Cincinnati): 513-749-1360

If I am going to be on every Sunday in January, I'm going to see if it will be okay to go through the topics of the E-Series books in order. That would be:

Dec 31 -- Deep Meditation (done!)
Jan 7 -- Spinal Breathing Pranayama
Jan 14 -- Tantra (tiptoeing through on live radio )
Jan 21 -- Asanas, Mudras and Bandhas (good for Will's Cincinnati Yoga School)
Jan 28 -- Samyama (the book will available by then)

That is tentative beyond Jan 7. Not sure how many weeks we have to work with yet. We'll see what Will and Scott think. It is their show.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  10:24:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yogani for the info., I think the local number was mentioned the one time at the beginning, (unless I am mistaken), so when listening live if you are a little slow with the pen like I am, it can be tough to get down.

looking forward to next week!

thanks,

A
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  05:56:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am unable to download the MP3. Is anyone else having problems?
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  07:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just downloaded successfully (20.1 MByte)
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  09:11:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I downloaded it as well.

Sadhak, what is the error message you get?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  10:21:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sadhak:

Can you listen online?

The guru is in you.

PS: It could be traffic. There have been hundreds of downloads since yesterday. We have plenty of bandwidth, but not sure how many can be downloaded simultaneously. Maybe there are some limits internationally.
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  05:59:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Weaver,
I don't get any error message. The hour glass comes on for ages and ages and then disappears without anything happening. But I see that you all are doing it. Maybe some small prob at my end.

Hi Yogani,
I tried listening online... but it stops to stream (if that's the right term) after every 5 secs. Maybe the traffic was the problem, I'll try downloading again just now.
Thanks.

A Little Later:
Nope, no luck this time either. some red arrow appears at the left bottom, saying 'done', when of course, it is not. Because no window opens, nothing happens. Now electricity is gone... so I'll try again.

Edited by - sadhak on Jan 03 2007 06:12:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  08:11:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can't wait to listen to the interview! I'm going to do it Friday, when I have more time to devote:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  08:12:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sadhak:

If you are on dialup, that may be a sticking point. It is 20 MB.

Maybe someone can email you the mp3 file.

Shanti, can you help with that?
That may or may not work for download through your email.

We'll get it to you somehow, and you can pass it on accordingly.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000