AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Alex Grey
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2006 :  05:35:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
http://alexgrey.net/a-gallery/8-24/a-hnd.jpg

This is the most beautiful stuff I have ever seen. The artwork is breathtaking.

This picture of the pen, with the eye of awareness on one end. It is connected to a body and is drawing itself. The eye has nerves that branch out to energize the body.

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2006 :  4:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kyman

http://alexgrey.net/a-gallery/8-24/a-hnd.jpg

This is the most beautiful stuff I have ever seen. The artwork is breathtaking.

This picture of the pen, with the eye of awareness on one end. It is connected to a body and is drawing itself. The eye has nerves that branch out to energize the body.

Hi Kyman,

I agree - I've been an Alex Grey fan for some time! I imagine you may have linked to the image that you did, because his site is set up for other images to be hard to link to. (?)

Meaning: You would have provided a different example image, if you could have found one to link to?

However, if someone goes to www.alexgrey.net and then clicks on Paintings, and then Progress of the Soul --- WOW.

So far, I think Tantra, Promise and Birth are my favorite in that set.

He's got a MySpace page, too - http://www.myspace.com/chapelofsacredmirrors

Some of the comments he's gotten are quite interesting -- if nothing else, from the standpoint that so many people resonate with the stuff we talk about here in the forum -- either by already being aware of some / much of it, or seeking it.

Thanks, Kyman!

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2006 :  4:25:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I found that pic by looking through his site. I had to open that image in a new window, and that gave me the new link. Just trying to pick a good one.

Thank you for the new link.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2006 :  8:11:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kyman

I found that pic by looking through his site. I had to open that image in a new window, and that gave me the new link. Just trying to pick a good one.

Thank you for the new link.

Hey Kyman,

"No worries" -- and believe me, I agree that that's an awesome image (the "pen one" you posted) -- I just saw that it seemed easily linkable, and other images didn't -- but that could be due to my browser set-up, or something.

Regardless - Alex Grey clearly has some very special and conscious talent!

In a way, it's almost funny --- most people I know "ooh and ahh" at his stuff, because of its sublime beauty, combined with its ability to communicate subtle energy patterns and energetic connectedness -- but, if anything -- his art is a more accurate portrayal of reality than what we see with regular "body's eyes" vision.

I really like the one which shows a couple making love, too -- I believe it's title is simply "Copulation". Not only is it beautiful, but it also serves as an accurate diagram of the subtle energy flow which occurs during sexual intercourse between a man and a woman.

Thanks again for introducing Alex to the Forum!

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  02:29:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
only today while browsing the internet i stumbled upon Alex +
Grey
genius...what a talent ...
then i searched ayp and found the topic already existing
like Kirtanman i like "copulation"
also "pregnancy" is beautiful....i am no kids and pregnancy fan...but this piece of art touched something in me...

in both "copulation" and "pregnancy" i felt real Love emanating...rare and lucky are the couples that have this genuine Love in real life...

peace
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  02:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love Alex Gray's stuff. Here is a very cool doc about him and his work.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/cosm-the-movie/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000