Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 All Day Christmas Meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2006 :  8:42:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
SRF (Yogananda's organization) has a tradition of doing an all day christmas meditation on the 23rd, then using the 25th for social christmas stuff.
The idea is that the real christmas is the birth of christ consciousness within each of us.
Obviously this is way too much of AYP style meditation, but has anyone done, or considered anything like this?

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2006 :  10:13:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ether,
I attended a Christmas meditation a couple of years ago at the Ananda church in Palo Alto, CA.
I remember that I came home that evening and treated myself to a big feast.

Are you going to be attending an all day Christmas meditation?

Hunter

Edited by - Hunter on Dec 01 2006 10:42:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2006 :  05:17:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
On xmas day 2006 there will be a celbration of the anniversary of Dhyanyogi Madhusudandasji's birthday at the ashram in hansol, Ahmedabad.This year his birthday falls on xmas day.There will also no doubt be shaktipat given as part of the celebrations.Unfortunately I won't be able to attend but it will be a great occasion.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2006 :  10:22:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Are you going to be attending an all day Christmas meditation?"

No, I don't attend anything, it would be at home, but probably not.

Where is "hansol, Ahmedabad?" or is that a country I haven't heard of?
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2006 :  12:20:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Hansol is a suburb of Ahmedabad, Gujarat state in India.I wish I could go but I don't think the wife would be best pleased if I left her and the family over xmas. LOL.The ashram is clearly seen on Google earth, north of the airport and just below the roadbridge that crosses the Sabamarti river.Dhyanyogis mahasamadhi is clearly seen, it's the square red tiled building.
L&L
Dave
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2006 :  10:33:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ether, I thought about doing something like this in honor of Christmas (after reading Yogananda, in fact), but have yet to try it. Since the AYP practices are so powerful, maybe too much for an entire day, I think it's a good idea to dedicate the entire day to spiritual pursuits, not just meditation. Reading spiritual books, fasting, doing asanas, praying, being mindful, etc., in addition to your regular AYP practices. I may do something like that this year, if it works out with my schedule.

P.S. - I like the idea you mentioned that Christmas is about the birth of christ consciousness in each of us. It's inspiring!
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2006 :  08:33:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That sounds great. I would go for doing all my regular things for a day but make an all day effort to keep god in mind as being with me. Whenever I do this it has a wonderful effect on my attitude.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000