Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Mantra enhancements
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

papichulo

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2018 :  9:19:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm having difficulties with the longer mantras. It feels easier to go deep with a simple two syllable mantra like AYAM. When I try longer mantras it's more difficult to let them become faint/vibratory.

Is that normal? Do you find the longer mantras more effective once mastered?

I'm happy to stick to AYAM forever but I have FOMO...fear that I'm missing out on greater benefits from the longer mantras. Have anyone noticed enhanced benefits from the long mantras?

Edited by - papichulo on Mar 07 2018 01:30:40 AM

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2018 :  10:55:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't believe longer is necessarily better, I think the important element is how you fit with the mantra. If AYAM is resonating, no need to change a thing. For me the longer mantra resonated immediately, fitting like a cozy slipper.
Go to Top of Page

papichulo

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2018 :  01:31:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

I don't believe longer is necessarily better, I think the important element is how you fit with the mantra. If AYAM is resonating, no need to change a thing. For me the longer mantra resonated immediately, fitting like a cozy slipper.

Has the longer mantra been more beneficial to you than AYAM? If so, how so?
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2018 :  06:47:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Papichulo,

Welcome to the forum! The longer mantras do a wider swipe through the nervous system, which means more purification and a slower transcendence. In comparison, the short mantra promotes a faster transcendence, while still producing purification. Trust yourself: if you feel that the short mantra works better for you, stick with it. It will take you all the way home.

After some years of practice, if you feel so inclined, you can experiment with a longer mantra. A longer mantra accelerates the journey, but just like driving a car, you want to be comfortable driving before you press the acceleration to the floor.

Warm wishes to your path!
Go to Top of Page

papichulo

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2018 :  12:13:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Blanche

Hello Papichulo,

Welcome to the forum! The longer mantras do a wider swipe through the nervous system, which means more purification and a slower transcendence. In comparison, the short mantra promotes a faster transcendence, while still producing purification. Trust yourself: if you feel that the short mantra works better for you, stick with it. It will take you all the way home.

After some years of practice, if you feel so inclined, you can experiment with a longer mantra. A longer mantra accelerates the journey, but just like driving a car, you want to be comfortable driving before you press the acceleration to the floor.

Warm wishes to your path!

Thanks! Yes I've read Yogini explanation but I'm curious to hear people's personal experiences in their own words. How has the longer mantra benefited you compared to the shorter mantra?
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2018 :  1:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Papichulo

You received very good answers from everyone.
Perhaps it would be useful if you could ask your question in more specific terms?

Blanche has explained it very well:
quote:
Originally posted by Blanche
The longer mantras do a wider swipe through the nervous system, which means more purification and a slower transcendence. In comparison, the short mantra promotes a faster transcendence, while still producing purification.

The benefit of a longer mantra is there in bold. Which part of the reply needs clarifying? Help us to help you

All the best
Go to Top of Page

papichulo

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2018 :  5:37:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Hi Papichulo

You received very good answers from everyone.
Perhaps it would be useful if you could ask your question in more specific terms?

The benefit of a longer mantra is there in bold. Which part of the reply needs clarifying? Help us to help you

All the best

Howdy! I am just curious to hear people's personal experiences in their own words. Did you notice a big difference when you started using a longer mantra?
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2018 :  8:44:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After ecstatic conductivity, the longer mantra followed soon after. AYAM is beautiful too, but not as natural now. Do that natural mantra, it's not your choice anyway
Go to Top of Page

MichaelWinz

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2018 :  08:10:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

After ecstatic conductivity, the longer mantra followed soon after. AYAM is beautiful too, but not as natural now. Do that natural mantra, it's not your choice anyway

What is ecstatic conductivity?
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2018 :  11:59:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Try Lesson 169 for a description of ecstatic conductivity.

Lesson 191 might be useful too.

And there is a FAQ on this topic, linking to a forum discussion you might find useful.
https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...OPIC_ID=2145

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Mar 11 2018 12:00:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2018 :  9:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
What is ecstatic conductivity?

It is the awareness of prana within, a fruit of your DM practice. As you purify and clear blockages that inhibit prana flow, at some juncture of purification you realize the energy component that was hidden from you by these blockages. Many practitioners here have had premature kundalini awakenings and became overwhelmed by sudden surge of energy in their unprepared vessal. AYP lessons and practice educates them of what they have experienced and how to stabilize their system, through grounding and self pacing their dedicated practice. For me, it was AYP practice which ultimately led me to the energetic side of spirituality, ecstatic conductivity, and with that a whole new playground to explore. A stable vessal is one that has a heathy balance of silence and energy. Each and every day the scales lean slightly from one side to the other, each day my inner guru becomes more confident because of this interplay.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000