AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 sutras of patanjali
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2018 :  10:38:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

anyone could provide full sutras of patanjali with their meaning and possible results by practicing them?

thank you!

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2018 :  12:11:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Angeleeyes,

The English translation of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali that is on the teacher training recommended reading list is by Chip Hartranft. It is available on Amazon.

There are many translations available, but some are better than others. Another good translation has been produced by Rev. Jaganath Carrera and is called "Inside the Yoga Sutras".

The Sutras are very difficult to translate into English, as there are many words that do not have an exact translation, or even a rough translation in English. So, any translation into English needs to be treated as a loose translation. To go deeper into the meaning it is useful to have some knowledge of Yogic Sanskrit words such as Samadhi and Purusha.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2018 :  1:19:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you Christi

as you know there are some sutras included in Yogani's samyama book appendix (other than nine recommended). unfortunately i don't have acess to the book so if anyone can put them here i will be grateful.

Edited by - angeleeyes on Mar 19 2018 1:23:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2018 :  1:28:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The book is less than $5 bucks on Kindle.
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2018 :  1:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by - angeleeyes on Mar 19 2018 2:28:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2018 :  2:04:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Angeleeyes,

There are around 30 additional sutras in the appendix to the Samyama book, which are largely based on chapter 3 of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.

The book is copyrighted, so it is not possible to reproduce its contents here. If you are a member of AYP Plus, the appendix is available here:

http://www.aypsite.com/plus/books/0...age_102.html

Christi

Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2018 :  2:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you again Christi,
you are always great help

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2018 :  3:19:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Geez. I was trying to help. I think AYP Plus has all the books, but it's 10 bucks a month the last I heard.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2018 :  7:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Geez. I was trying to help. I think AYP Plus has all the books, but it's 10 bucks a month the last I heard.

Hi Lalow,

Yes, all of the AYP books are on the Plus site in text mode and audio. All of the lessons and lesson additions are in audio as well now. Yogani has been very busy!

A few years ago, after he had completed the main lessons and all of the Enlightenment series books, I thought he would retire. I was clearly wrong!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000