Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Meditation and reason of being
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2018 :  09:42:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I think that each one has a reason of being or a life mission, something to do to go further in his life, to improve his karma.

I often read that meditation can provide ideas, answers. Unfortunately, I don’t have it during meditation. If I ask a question, no answer comes.

It’s like I don’t manage to hear what my soul wants to do to improve. I read full of book to help to find it, but more I search, less I find. It becomes very irritating.

I’m just feeling completely lost. I wake up a night trying to count the time I still have to do… something I forget in the second ! Maybe my life mission is not what I do every day. Maybe it’s to climb a mountain and travel, to paint, to write a book, to do another job…

How to know our reason of being ? Do you know some meditation or yoga technique to help to find each one his reason of being ? Do you know it ?

Thank you,

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2018 :  7:24:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Even ancient prophets struggled with this answer.Remember, Elijah looked for God in the wind, the earthquake, and the fire, but he heard Him in the whisper (see 1 Kings 19:12). When Elijah heard that still, small voice, he stepped out of his cave and listened to what God told him.

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2018 :  04:11:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps, dear Capucine, the answer lies exactly in the lack of an answer because no answer promotes searching, seeking... which implies a journey, a journey to answer the question Who am I? And what is my purpose here? And so you start AYP practices... the answer is tantalizingly close, on the tip of your tongue, yet always shifting, changing shape, just out of reach.

Welcome to the path

Sey
Go to Top of Page

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2018 :  04:42:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the both very fair and appropriate answers.
I find and read yogani’s lessons 324 and next : very inspiring and helpful, just what I need.

I’m really grateful to yogani for all these lessons, so full of wisdom and so helpful on so many subjects.
I’m really grateful to you too, all the advanced yoginis and yogis, always here to answer and help the beginners.

With all my thankfulness,

Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2018 :  05:09:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Capucine,

To think that one is alive because one has to do something/life mission is one type of thinking.
Another one, more in line with Hinduism/Buddhism is because one has failed up to date to attain liberation from the cycle of birth and death, and now we have another great opportunity. Also there are those who achieve enlightenment, and being able to achieve liberation, decide to reincarnate again to help other beings to end suffering and attain liberation (Bodhisattva vow).

quote:
Originally posted by capucine

I think that each one has a reason of being or a life mission, something to do to go further in his life, to improve his karma.

I often read that meditation can provide ideas, answers. Unfortunately, I don’t have it during meditation. If I ask a question, no answer comes.

It’s like I don’t manage to hear what my soul wants to do to improve. I read full of book to help to find it, but more I search, less I find. It becomes very irritating.

I’m just feeling completely lost. I wake up a night trying to count the time I still have to do… something I forget in the second ! Maybe my life mission is not what I do every day. Maybe it’s to climb a mountain and travel, to paint, to write a book, to do another job…

How to know our reason of being ? Do you know some meditation or yoga technique to help to find each one his reason of being ? Do you know it ?

Thank you,

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000