New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bhikku

Thailand
12 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2018 :  06:50:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
1. What are your symptoms and how long have you had them? Are your symptoms primarily physical, psychological, or both?
Wondering what does seeing holographic wheels and hands touching my face on/off meditation mean. These can be perceived in low light with eyes wide open, and if concentrated intently upon, they go on when walking about, these coincide with the symptoms felt (both pleasant/unpleasant). Not in a state of panic, but wondering if anyone has them and if they mean anything. If focused intently upon, eyes/faces start appearing. Currently there is a lot of green specks of light in vortices, dancing, etc.

The very interesting thing about the hands/wheels is that you can pre-empt the touch by watching the movement of the visuals. You can see that they are absolutely spot-on - makes me think that this cannot be some mental crap. It knows what it is doing (often) a full second before I feel it.

2. Are your symptoms ongoing, or intermittent? If intermittent, when are they most likely to occur -- during what kind of activity and/or time of the day? Is your sleep affected?
All day long if intently looking for them, they are overlayed with vision.

3. Do you consider your situation with kundalini to be the result of spiritual practices, or do you regard it to be spontaneous?
Meditation-induced.

4. What sort of spiritual practices have you been engaged in, if any? How long? How often? Are you aware that excessive spiritual practice can aggravate kundalini, often with a delayed reaction?
Meditation 7 months.

5. Do you consider yourself to be “sensitive” to spiritual practices? If so, with what practices, and what sort of measures have you taken to accommodate your sensitivity?
No.

6. Do you think drugs have contributed to your kundalini situation?
No.

7. Have you experienced traumatic events in your life that may have a bearing on your current symptoms?
Yes, but unlikely to be a factor.

8. Is your sexual lifestyle affecting your symptoms? Are you aware that obsessively limiting sexual release can increase kundalini energy and symptoms?
No sex life. I am a monk. :)

9. What is your general diet? Are you aware that a lighter diet can stimulate kundalini?
Alms - cannot choose much haha

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2018 :  3:36:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bhikku, your visuals sound very interesting. It is indeed true that the "aliveness" within and without is beyond intelligent. Your world might become incredibly holographic in nature; you might see things that make you in total awe. There is a huge part of the awakening process where it can seem like the universe becomes a giant magician preforming all of these beautiful totally mind blowing things in front of you and you can do nothing but bow at the complexity. Its like a celebration; you don't really have to figure anything out.

Everything is real and isn't, balance the paradoxes and enjoy the ride with an open heart [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Bhikku

Thailand
12 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2018 :  5:42:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much, Nic. I have held that view for the past 4 months that I have had this till I researched Kundalini effects and found out that chakra meant wheel - that cannot be a coincidence as they are the main feature of the seen visuals - often numbering more than 10 when things get powered up. Big, small, varying number of blades/speed, morphing to hands/vortices/faces/eyes/etc.

I was hoping for some explanation, mystical or otherwise, perhaps a step towards addiction to cognition or just for kicks. Hahaha. I think this is possibly where one can go off the track and get lost in seeking clairvoyance?
Go to Top of Page

Bhikku

Thailand
12 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2018 :  5:45:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
On a more important topic: Does anyone practice or know of effective methods e.g. using Vipassana (bottom-up elimination) or other meditation techniques to investigate/combine the Kundalini phenomenon to achieve optimal progress towards non-duality realization?

Edit: To phrase that better -

Inner silence via DM - when do yogis here proceed to self-inquiry (top-down awakening)? Or is DM practiced all the way (and is effective) to the end?

Are there optimal ways to investigate the Kundalini phenomenon or is it best to 'ignore' it whilst pursuing inner silence despite the 'noise'?

Edited by - Bhikku on Feb 04 2018 10:32:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2018 :  12:46:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Bhikku,

You're on the AYP Forum - the most effective meditation technique is DM , so dig into the lessons here. And yes, we do get into self-enquiry but at a more advanced stage. DM cultivates the Rise of the Witness /stable inner silence. That is a requirement for effective self-enquiry. Yes, we do practice DM all the way. Lesson 35 covers Enlightenment Milestones

https://www.aypsite.com/plus/35.html

On Self-Enquiry: https://www.aypsite.org/322.html

All the best on your path

Sey
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2018 :  06:04:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bhikku, welcome to the AYP forum

I wish I could help you with your questions about seeing wheels, but I have not had that experience, unless you count the round(ish) opening of the Sushumna as a wheel. It looks more like a golden circle to me, so maybe not.

quote:
Originally posted by Bhikku

On a more important topic: Does anyone practice or know of effective methods e.g. using Vipassana (bottom-up elimination) or other meditation techniques to investigate/combine the Kundalini phenomenon to achieve optimal progress towards non-duality realization?

That is a good question. As far as AYPers are concerned, the answer is yes, we all combine meditation with energetic practices. We lead with inner silence, so meditation is the fundamental practice. Most other practices in the AYP book (though not all) are for cultivating the energy (kundalini).

In answer to your other question "when do yogis here proceed to self-enquiry?": Yes, I would read Lesson 322, to which Sey has given you a link. I would read the subsequent three lessons as well. Lesson 325 explains why a practitioner has to be ripe for self-enquiry - do it to early and it's simply a theoretical/intellectual exercise. Do it at the right time, i.e. when you are able to anchor it in inner silence (developed through meditation) and then it will work as a step towards non-duality.

Ultimately, if you have enough inner silence, kundalini will rise too, and yes, you will reach non-duality. So meditation can be the only practice and it will take you to the end. Integrating other practices will speed things up though, that is why Yogani has included plenty of them in the AYP book.

All the best on your path.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2018 :  06:37:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One more word about "when do yogis here proceed to self-enquiry?" That is a really important question.

Proceeding to self enquiry too early can even dangerous. Because people think they get it, they fall into the illusion that they have arrived. But 'getting it' intellectually is not the same as experiencing it. This is why mediation practice is essential.

The mischief happens when these non-duality preachers start teaching others a form of 'spirituality' that is just empty theory, without cultivating inner silence.
Go to Top of Page

Bhikku

Thailand
12 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2018 :  10:13:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Deep Gratitude for your warmth and replies, Sey & Blue!

I suppose all extra stuff are treated as scenery, noted and to move on? Such similarities with Vipassana :)

I'm a monk so I live a more mindful life than most, this actually means that it will be painful if I start living mindlessly haha (With no goals, nothing to work on). DM or any other meditation methods that achieve inner silence is key and I would agree totally. I picked up pranayama techniques from here months ago and have to say that it works wonders, especially to power up the process. I have also been using it to self-pace and thus have some questions about self-pacing, that is how best to do it.

As I am aware of it going on all day long, I power it up as much as I can handle. I notice that she pretty much goes about her business (other than going deeper, shifts up-gear or special events when concentrated in inner silence) with a smidgen of mindfulness. So my first question is if it is a good idea to power her up, maintain the pace with slight mindfulness and engage simultaneously in another task, e.g. reading or even before sleep? I have been doing this and cannot discern if it makes a difference in helping the process if I were to stay in meditation for longer or simply read for example.

The next question is that although she doesn't stop, she goes into a mode where she stays the same. Change of posture will get her going again. Is this repeatedly changing posture to encourage her on, a good practice?

The third question is with regards to this state that I can induce by merging inner-silence with her - blissful, whole-body vibratory state. Is this considered the best place to stay in for long periods or would there be any other advice or warning labels to this practice?

I have operated under the assumption that as long as I can handle whatever is dished out, that it is fine but it cannot harm to seek expert advice here, I reckon!

WRT Self-Inquiry, I find it such a tough nut to crack, although I can only be half-sure I am not doing it the wrong, intellectual/conceptual way - there simply aren't any markers as it is Realization, often a Eureka moment and not the experiences, which are easily gotten from going deep in meditation.

This is such a warm, helpful environment and thus I wish everyone, More Love!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2018 :  4:14:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Bhikku

In response to your question on how much to ramp up energy, it is trial and error. I too often fall quickly into sleep "glowing like a lightbulb". This energy is like an ember: give it gentle attention it glows, give it strong attention, it rages. An open third eye in this case is critical. What level of energy is right for you in any given moment changes too. My inner guru errs toward gentleness. The key to stability is equal silence and energy.

Treating experiences as scenery is an exercise of surrender, and has served me well.

Your background suggests you should be ripe enough to try self inquiry.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2018 :  04:48:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Bhikku,

You ask some very interesting questions which brings to my mind a very KEY point to AYP. AYP is designed for householders. So, practices are done twice a day for recommended duration only. We are then encouraged to go out and live our lives fully without focusing further on any AYP practice - so no, you do not engage in SBP during the day to ramp up energetic power.
Once you get to samyama practice - Stillness cultivated in DM will automatically be merging with ecstatic conductivity cultivated in SBP and brought back out into daily life as Stillness in Action.

I agree Self-Enquiry is a tough nut to crack. I have found it easier to let Realization come naturally through the evolution of the Witness. I have never been fond of any formal practice there except to drop it as sutras in samyama.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Bhikku

Thailand
12 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2018 :  05:33:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Beings of Light for your carefully worded advice...

*Adding samyama to my practice*

May All Beings Be Free from Suffering!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2018 :  06:43:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere
I have found it easier to let Realization come naturally through the evolution of the Witness.

I completely subscribe to that.
No point in labouring over the technique when you're not ready. Best to get on with meditation and other fundamental practices.
When you are ready for self-enquiry, you will know it.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Feb 10 2018 2:57:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bhikku

Thailand
12 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2018 :  10:14:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
" An open third eye in this case is critical."

May I know how does one know whether the 3rd eye is open or not? Or should I ask open to what degree in this instance. My 3rd eye is seeing a vortex with hundreds of green specks flowing at high speed both in and out, coinciding with the feeling of flow in/out (usually in), often with tension. [An insight from observation that the flow is seen as bi-directional although the felt sensations feels like 1 way]

Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2018 :  8:13:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Practices open the third eye naturally and over time. At AYP we don't manipulate particular chakras, just do our practice and purification happens at its own pace. When I made the statement regarding an open Ajna in high energy states, it was a caution that one should not send prana upward without significant cultivation of inner silence via a meditation practice, as energy can pool in the head. In my experience, the "tug" of sambhavi mudra indicates an open(ing) Ajna. .
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2018 :  1:48:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bhikku
Or should I ask open to what degree in this instance.

Yes, it opens by degrees. Some sort of inner vision is a sign that it has began to open. It will continue to open with practice.

As far as I can tell, the process continues along the entire journey of enlightenment. I don't think there is a single moment when we say "right, now the 3rd eye is fully open, let's move on to somehting else". You could see the entire journey as the opening of the third eye, along with purifying everything else.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Feb 10 2018 1:55:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bhikku

Thailand
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2018 :  05:36:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay this is going to be long. I probably need an expert who knows how to deal with "premature crown openings" as advised by another yogi. Yogani?

The story: Unpleasant jhanas: This happens when I forcibly bear the pain of the facial sensors OR the mind decides to enter into jhanas. The background body bliss of the jhanas are the same and still pleasant. However the locations on the face where pleasant jhanas used to be felt now feel like tensed/pressured - a bittersweet pain/pleasure combination simlar to how overworked muscles will feel like, I go through a jhana arc 1-8 ->back downwards where kundalini stuff are overlayed on top all the time where whole-body vibrations gets more refined/subtler the deeper I go (usually the formless realms of 5-8 have no body sensation).

Kundalini or rewiring stuff: I get mad skull pressures especially on the T zone of brows and nose; drilling in these areas, eardrums, neck and back of skull; pleasant wave like stuff; tiny pin pricks, often very itchy all over head especially around the nostrils; teeth/jaw feels like being rattled, rearranged or achey, sometimes I have to open and relax the jaws for relief; what feels like lasering of the organs in the gut, accompanied by hearing groans/hisses; hands/arms/legs get numb (seconds into meditation) and achey; what feels like energy entering/leaving the body via 3rd eye/crown/hands/feet/dan tien/solar plexus and seeing them; tingling sensations all over body; heat/cold everywhere especially extremities; bliss waves and chakras/spinal energy arcing up down; the most crazy 3D/realistic visuals ever with psychedelic colors - control over them is possible; lucid dreams with/without control; OBE - change of postures/movements; varying Nada sounds, usually louder when going deep, so much more...

There is a stage called cessation (Fruition) in the Progress of Insight. It is usually marked by a single instant of unconsciousness which I have experienced before. The thing now is I still get to it, but the Kundalini energy flows uninterrupted or at best attenuated, overlayed over that experience. This means that I am stuck and prevented from progressing to the next Path, this is going on for 6 months.

During all recent sessions, I reach a point where everything is flowing, including in/out from the legs fine vibrations in every square inch of the body, stuff above the head (consciousness bounces up and down from there, quite a strange experience). This usually happens after a huge electrical zap that jolts the whole body that coincides with the cessation event described above. After that, I seemingly exit a meditative state, where the fine vibrations/chakra arc keep going unchanged and I struggle not knowing whether to end the session or not. Recently, the chakra arc flows after it is attempting to clear a block 2 inches above the navel, sometimes at the throat. The blocks never clear for good though, there is always a block somewhere in the beginning of the sit.

Concentration is sky-high and effortless, to the point it makes me feel like I am the alien in the body. Meditation basically goes on by itself, I tried day-dreaming and the same stuff goes on by itself, seemingly without my participation to power it. Visualizations are so easy, I cannot believe that I am the one doing it. It feels like I am the afterthought... I try screwing with meditative progress and it goes on nicely without me! I can move/feel energy in the body, direct its flow, just by intending. I can do the single nostril breathing from one foot up one side of the body and down the other, without closing any nostrils. It's crazy, makes attempting to do the yoga/qigong physical exercises kind of like moot? It certainly seems that I can just get them to move from any nonsensical position. Is there any point in doing them?

Hallucinations are a daily affair with powered concentration. Open-eyed mental imagery, you name it... I can get concentrated in broad daylight and have the mental imagery block information from the eyes, displaying only the funky stuff. If I venture out to meditate in the forest at night, the brighter spaces of the night sky behind the tree spaces - comes to live in the form of cartoonish characters, e.g. an old kungfu guy doing the moves. The mind seemingly grasps onto whatever it can make sense of and make it come alive. I can power visualization to get it crazier. I suppose this activity should be stopped?

I am in a happy, almost maniacal mood mostly although there is absolutely no logical reason for me to be happy in the midst of this episode. There is no depression.

These stuff go on all day long, definitely during sleep. They get strongest during attempted meditation or chanting. Most of the time, I am putting on a cranial cap with all kinds of effects, always pleasant in morning and morphing to torture at night. I am quite sure that the pain is off the charts for most people as they would appear to be life-threatening to 'untrained' minds e.g. bursting of eardrum, snapping of the nose, level of energy. Untrained meaning self-induced 'this is purification' or 'increasing equanimity' calming of the mind. Funny thing is I am not tired from lack of snooze.

Does this all mean that I have gone where I should not and should stop all practices and ground the energy?

Self-pacing: If this means that I am able to withstand the strong forces/pain and am psychologically sound, then I assume it is fine to keep going? What is the point where one should pull the plug and attempt to ground it away. This is an immense task as the slightest stillness will get the train going.

No illegal substance usage other than 1 shrooms experience 3 years ago. Excessive alcohol consumption in the past (> a year ago).

Edited by - Bhikku on Apr 09 2018 07:05:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2018 :  07:05:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bhikku,

It sounds as if you have a lot going on.

What you are describing are mostly energetic symptoms associated with awakening. It is useful to remember that these symptoms are scenery on the path, rather than its destination. They are temporary and will not last forever. They can however become a distraction, and if the ego gets involved, they can become a huge distraction. So that is something to watch out for.

You may find lesson 201 useful:

"So what is happening with a premature crown opening? Are we getting anywhere? Are we getting enlightened? Well, yes and no. Yes, obstructions are being released willy-nilly. And no, the chaos of it and our identification with the chaos can create karma also -- a weird kind of karma that can lead us into a cycle of premature spontaneous crown openings, life after life. If we continue working at the crown in this situation, we perpetuate the whole thing, and spiritual progress can be elusive, even as our visions continue. It is only by our conscious intervention in the form of stabilizing practices that we can get off this wheel. " [Yogani]

From here:

Lesson 201 - The Drama of a Premature Crown Opening

In terms of self-pacing, if your experiences are painful or uncomfortable, then it is best to cut down on your practice times and concentrate more on grounding practices. "Cutting down on times" does not necessarily mean stopping practices all together. You may find that you are able to reach a level of practice which is comfortable for you.

If you are experiencing symptoms which are painful or uncomfortable now, and do not self-pace your practices, then things could get worse later. Practices often have delayed effects, which is why it is always wise to err on the side of caution.

Grounding means taking walks in nature, sweeping the leaves, cleaning your kuti etc. Any physical work that gets the body moving in that way. Asana practice can also be grounding if done in the right way.

If you can find a stable level of practice that you can work with, then the energetic experiences that you are going through now, will slowly settle down to become simply ecstatic. This will gradually evolve into a body-wide ecstasy. Your meditations will settle down to become blissful, and you will be able to move on to the next stage of the path. The next stage involves the cultivation of wisdom, unity and divine love.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Bhikku

Thailand
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2018 :  11:24:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very, very much Christi! I am definitely following your advice! One other problem that I have not mentioned is that both my arms and shoulders are aching and painful even when not meditating. The left arm especially, is limited in movement in extreme angles. This has been going on for ~4 months? Is there anything I can do about it?

Also any reading materials on cultivation of unity and divine love will be greatly appreciated as I suppose there is benefit to start cultivation early...

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2018 :  12:09:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you are a monk, at least talk to your teacher. There are a lot of people who come here with problems and don't talk to their teacher. How can the lineage or teacher know the effects of the teaching if people do not tell them?

Maybe, you did?

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2018 :  2:36:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bhikku,

When the subtle neurobiology is being purified by prana in a strong way, it can produce soreness in the body and stiffness in the joints. Some gentle asana practice before each sitting session can help. Asana practice is covered in the book: "Asanas, mudras and bandhas".

With regards to lessons on the cultivation of unity, see here:

Lesson 333 - Dissolving the Witness in Unity

Lesson 336 - A Confirmation of Unity

Lesson 350 - Practices for Moving Beyond the Witness Stage

And on the cultivation of Divine love see here:

Lesson 113 - Bliss, Ecstasy, and Divine Love

Lesson 258 - Divine Ecstasy - Is That All There Is?

Lesson 274 - What's the End Game in Yoga?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Bhikku

Thailand
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2018 :  8:11:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again Christi! I will go through them! It is highly difficult but possible to ignore without aversion, the visuals/sensations and focus on breathing in the belly for example, would that be better than naturally letting attention go to the strongest symptoms, almost always in the head?

Hi lalow33, I am in a Thai monastery and I speak very little Thai (I am Singaporean Chinese). Communications is difficult with more complex ones through Google Translate. You would not be very wrong to say that I do not have a teacher, as I basically have been staying here the past year and doing my own research/study from online sources and practicing alone. On most days, I am on a 'silent retreat'.

I have spoken to senior monks and true to Theravadin traditions, they do not recognize Kundalini and told me that it is Karma and simply needs to be burned away via noticing with non-desire/aversion. Please do not mistake this as my displeasure with the place, people or the system, I have nothing but gratitude for them.

As you can see, I need all the help I need, especially in terms of right information. I have to sieve through so much information and with Kundalini as we all know, there is a ton more junk than treasure. I've read quite a few books about it and good information is so mixed up with myths that it is so hard to discern. This place is the only one I have found with pure gold as information. Sincere gratitude for the site, the founders and you good people participating with love and helping the poorer souls like me out there find a railing to hold onto in this good climb.

Edited by - Bhikku on Apr 10 2018 8:52:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bhikku

Thailand
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2018 :  8:50:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Some kind soul pointed me to this pithy read: https://www.auro-ebooks.com/wp-cont...e-Mother.pdf

quote:
There must be a total and sincere surrender; there must be an exclusive self-opening to the divine Power; there must be a constant and integral choice of the Truth that is descending, a constant and integral rejection of the falsehood of the mental, vital and physical Powers and Appearances that still rule the earth-Nature.

My question would be how should practice be to differentiate what is Truth and what could be mental fabrications that are in the form of the visuals and strong sensations? At which optimal point should one pay right attention to them without avoiding or over-subscription to them? What would complete/perfect surrender be?

Namaste!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2018 :  05:39:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bhikku,

If you are experiencing unpleasant or painful symptoms associated with activation of the crown chakra, then bringing attention away from the crown can help. So bringing your attention to other parts of the body instead would help, or to other things that are not associated with the body.

It can be difficult to do this, especially when the energetic movements are strong. This is why regulated practice is recommended in AYP, with a practice session in the morning and again in the afternoon and with plenty of time outside of practices to integrate the changes that are happening. Socializing is important to help ground the energy, so remaining in slience is not recomended for someone in your situation. Observing silence for extended periods of time, can concentrate the energies and make the situation more difficult.

Avoiding something is not the same as having aversion towards it. For example if you are travelling across a forest and you know that there are tigers living in a certain part of the forest, you would plan a route that avoids the area where the tigers live. That would be an action taken through wisdom, rather than aversion. The same would be the case if someone offered you food that was old and rancid. The wise thing to do would be to not eat it in order to care for the body. It is the same with kundalini. We need to take care of the body and so have to act in certain ways to avoid things becoming difficult. When it comes to kundalini, simply regarding what is happening with dispassion, is sometimes not enough, and in cases of dramatic awakenings it is certainly not enough. We need to be more pro-active than that, taking steps to ensure that the awakening happens in a balanced and smooth manner.

Kundalini is karma, in the sense that it is the rapid removal of karmic obstructions. So your teachers are right. As you probably know there is much more of a detailed understanding and recognition of kundalini in the Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhist traditions.

It is not the case that with kundalini there is more junk than treasure. There is actually far more treasure than junk. Kundalini is the gateway to ecstasy, and ecstatic bliss is the gateway to wisdom and divine love. But we need to treat it with respect and not rush in to the whole process. When kundalini is managed wisely and treated carefully the whole process of energetic awakening is an enjoyable one. In the later stages it can be described as heaven on Earth.

It is important to have a teacher who you can speak to in a language that you understand. If you are in Thailand, you could head to Wat Pah Nanachat, which is located about 15km from the city of Ubon Rachathani. There are senior monks there who speak good English.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Bhikku

Thailand
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2018 :  10:15:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again Christi for replying with wisdom. First of all, I meant that most of the information out there is mixed with junk - I was not being disrespectful of Kundalini.

Frankly, I was told to post that I have premature crown opening (from an online analysis), not that I can differentiate between that vs a normal 3rd eye version or otherwise that I am going through. There are no overwhelmingly painful sensations or experiences that are outside of my comfort range although many of them are VERY strong/powerful even when in the positive, pleasurable form. I was advised NOT to take up the Kundalini phenomena as objects of meditation, and not because they are too painful that I am asking how best to meditate or handle them optimally. Would it be best to simply let attention go to them instead of attempting to steer them elsewhere?

I am leaving in 4 weeks for Sri Lanka (mostly English-speaking) where I hope to find better guidance. If anyone knows any person/place I should pay a visit to, kindly let me know!

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2018 :  10:49:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bhikku,

If you were experiencing a premature crown awakening, you would most likely know it. There are usually strong sensations at the crown of the head, and a sense of being "drawn up" there. If you are not experiencing that, and are not experiencing anything painful or that you feel is overwhelming or uncomfortable, then you are simply going through a powerful kundalini awakening.

The symptoms associated with the activation of the corwn chakra are described in this lesson:

Lesson 199 - Managing the Opening of the Crown

I am not suggesting that you should be attempting the opening of the crown at this stage. Just referencing it, so that you are aware of the symptoms.

Whatever awakening you are experiencing, crown based or not, the advice given by myself and others above would still stand: To self-pace as necessary and to make sure that you remain grounded through effective daily activity.

In is advisable not to use kundalini symptoms as a meditation obeject. It is not safe. You should stick to the mantra, if you are using Deep Meditation, or to the meditation object that you have been given.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Bhikku

Thailand
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2018 :  10:56:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Christi! Just so you are not mistaken, I am taking your advice very seriously and am following them. I have found both observing the breath at the abdomen and sticking to the mantra difficult in different ways. Which would you recommend sticking to?

At the moment, although sometimes it seems like activity up there is causing the 'witness' to bounce up and down, there are no negative symptoms. Practice the past few days have been much better, in the sense that I find no incidence to summon dispassion for strong symptoms. I think I will sign up for AYP Plus. Can you guide me on how best to follow the system as I am coming from Theravadin meditation practices and also my unusual circumstances?

I am doing SBP > 2x daily, meditation many times a day, averaging >4 hours total. Should I start to include samyana, asanas and other practices?

I have a nagging suspicion that you have been a monk before all this, so I can't go wrong listening to you!

Namaste...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000