New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2017 :  06:06:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One other thought jh36m:

Since you seem quite sensitive to practices, it would be worth considering breath focused meditation. The instructions are the same as for deep meditation (Lesson 13), but instead of the mantra, you favour the breath with your attention.

And don't forget to keep grounding.
Go to Top of Page

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2017 :  10:37:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
finally i'm trying your advise. breathing meditation and consistantly trying do spend more time each time. But thats not the question. i used to tell people about this a long time ago but dont anymore. heres the thing.. i'm getting a massage for my back in a few days and my concern is my body gets overwhelmed with feelgood pleasures and i'm real worried i'll start having kryas in front of people in public. whats your advise?
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2017 :  3:10:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jh36m

How long are your meditation sessions?
quote:
Originally posted by jh36m

consistantly trying do spend more time each time.

Perhaps you shouldn't be trying to increase the time? Keep the length of your sessions the same for a few weeks to find out where your level of stability is. If you begin to feel unstable, trim back.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on
Go to Top of Page

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2017 :  3:18:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
been doing it about three days now.. not much, i still think its less than ten minutes each time, and twice a day. I havent felt much, except the last time, a couple minutes in, i started getting this real caring feeling coursing through me, very emotional almost cried, praying less.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2017 :  3:40:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would try 10 minutes once a day. As you seem to be quite sensitive to practices, you need to keep a close eye on the length of the mediation sessions and make sure you don't exceed 10 minutes.

Let's see if you can keep to this 10 minutes once a day routine for a few weeks. If you get emotional turmoil or other symptoms, let us know.

What are you doing for grounding these days?
Go to Top of Page

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2017 :  3:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll keep it like you say. As for emotional turmoil, its kindof divided into two parts, when i feel real good, that doesnt worry me, but sometimes i face inner fears, like i've been reading up on the shadow self and i think i've experienced some, and was having some hallucinating, but that isnt consistant sometimes i dont have that for a while, and i can cut back at times. its weird because the latest audio hallucinations i was having a week ago were very pleasant even beautiful. i came across ASMR on you tube and was fascinated a lot. i even made these sounds to myself and i got very very intense kryas and i even PORPUSELY moved my hands together and after a while my hands started moving by themselves for a long time. I havent seen much ASMR for days, and ive been grounding, i'll listen to rock music, joke with my family, get out of the house, watch normal type videos, and have cut back on prayer, espescially at night. I'm not worried about feeling good, but sometimes I get melencholly or some scared.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2017 :  6:11:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
As for emotional turmoil, its kindof divided into two parts, when i feel real good, that doesnt worry me, but sometimes i face inner fears,

You know the expression "the higher the mountains, the deeper the valleys". The intensely pleasurable and intensely unpleasant are the two sides of the same coin. Of course we have emotions and I'm not saying you shouldn't, but when they get to a high pitch just like that, out of the blue, it may be a sign that you need to reduce your spiritual practices for a while, for the sake of stability.

I understand prayer is an important part of your spirituality. You are wise to self-pace on that too. As we develop our meditation practice, prayer takes a new dimension. My advice would be to prioritise meditation, at least for a while. If you can get stable on 10 minutes of meditation a day, that will be big gain. If you find that adding prayer on top of that tips the balance, my suggestion would be to prioritise meditation. Once you gain more stability in your meditation routine, you can add prayer back.

Getting out of the house is great for grounding. Walking is really good, so is spending time with family and friends. These are good grounding activities. Watching videos and listening to rock music are not really grounding. Enjoy these things by all means, but don't let them replace the activities that ground you effectively.

Best wishes
Go to Top of Page

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2017 :  6:35:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll try not to take over the forum too much, but one last thing for a little while, i am glad i have this forum, i actually was scared of it a lot but now i feel much better and positive about this.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2017 :  10:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
You know the expression "the higher the mountains, the deeper the valleys". The intensely pleasurable and intensely unpleasant are the two sides of the same coin. Of course we have emotions and I'm not saying you shouldn't, but when they get to a high pitch just like that, out of the blue, it may be a sign that you need to reduce your spiritual practices for a while, for the sake of stability.

Blue is right here, what you need is long term stability, ground ground ground! You obviously are very devotional, your Bhakti is strong. By prioritizing DM you are investing in the inner silence piece of the puzzle. This exposure, along with grounding over time, should calm things down and stablize you. Report back!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2017 :  07:07:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are very welcome jh36m.
quote:
I'll try not to take over the forum too much,

I don't think you are taking over the forum. I dare say I'm not the only one here who is happy to see you working out a practice routine and clarifying what you have read about in the AYP lessons. This is what this forum is about. I am honoured if I can be of help to you in this endeavour.

Let us know how you are getting on.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Oct 30 2017 11:33:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2017 :  10:07:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are very welcome for advices jh36m. Good to hear you are working on a daily routine
Go to Top of Page

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2017 :  12:32:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very very nice meditations. I feel calm then very pleasant emotions well up. Caring peaceful, some nice cheery one make me smile and i really feel energized and positive.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2017 :  4:37:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I feel calm then very pleasant emotions well up. Caring peaceful, some nice cheery one make me smile and i really feel energized and positive.

That sounds nicely balanced. So far so good.

I would keep going with the existing routine for a few weeks. Report back in a few weeks time, or earlier if there is a glitch.

Enjoy
Go to Top of Page

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2017 :  1:35:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok I need something understood. I wasnt ready for this and I probably am not going down this path. It all seemed good, I seemed to like responses to my seeming interesting experiences, but this is not me. I got the feeling I was special and even in the spotlight, i'm not that dedicated, i got these feelings and i thought that made me big. it doesnt.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2017 :  7:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Ok I need something understood. I wasnt ready for this and I probably am not going down this path. It all seemed good, I seemed to like responses to my seeming interesting experiences, but this is not me. I got the feeling I was special and even in the spotlight, i'm not that dedicated, i got these feelings and i thought that made me big. it doesnt.

Very good insight. Nobody is better than another. Nobody is less than another. All is One. Everybody, everything is Wholeness.

Keep going.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000