New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2017 :  11:17:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I wasnt going to write here because it makes me nervous sometimes, but I'm having a real spiritual emergency. I like it alot but its extremely powerfull and I have never felt anything like this even close in any of my kundalini experiences. and i'm a little scared. i was feeling relaxed more than usual, and good, no meditation or anything, then it got to be a little better and i said 4 words. in a second i was feeling powerfull electricity in every part of my body. i was being sqeezed hard and all my muscles tightened and i scrunched into a ball. it lasted for a minute then i had dreams of these feelings. i woke and was having many waves. i dont even know if its kundalini, its never felt like this. i wasnt on a spiritual path, i like it alot but dont know what to do now.

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2017 :  2:02:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jh36m,

Please don't be nervous about posting here. It could be very helpful to share the experiences we don't understand. Only writing them down could be a relief. We are all in the same boat here.

What do you mean with you said 4 words? Did you pray?

I know what you mean with your experience it is indeed very powerful, we could be squeezed or completely opened up in a second. This is called a kriya or automatic yoga. We also could make sounds like groaning or crying or laughing etc. and we could have waves like full body orgasm or electricity true the whole body or body parts which could last for a longer time.

The first times we could be a little scared but there could be also a strong desire to experience this again.

We don't have to do anything with it. We could enjoy, be grateful and go on.

Just curious, do you have a practice, yoga, meditation, praying etc.?

Best wishes,

Go to Top of Page

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2017 :  2:11:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I said "Dont let go lord." Then i felt a snap sensation right in the middle of my brain. Thats when i felt electricity and it was full power very very fast. I just pray but hardly ever. i think I will now.

Edited by - jh36m on Aug 26 2017 2:22:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2017 :  2:50:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2017 :  3:51:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AMAZING

Edited by - jh36m on Aug 26 2017 4:13:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2017 :  5:08:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jh36m,

Your description is very much a description of the activation of kundalini.

If I were you I would read through the main lessons on this site starting here. They will guide you through a full scope spiritual practice and give you a very good understanding of kundalini and how it works in the body.

If you need support with your practice and the openings that will happen along the way you can get that in this forum, or you can get more dedicated support in the AYP Plus forum which is a private subscription forum.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2017 :  5:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AND ITS WONDERFUL. Thanks for the replies. i'll read

Edited by - jh36m on Aug 26 2017 5:27:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2017 :  07:49:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jh36m,

I agree with Christi: It seems that you have experienced kundalini raising through the nervous system. The more prepare the system is, the cleaner it is, the smoother this process goes. There is nothing to be afraid of now. You are in the process of getting an "upgrade," so you can function at your full potential. Best wishes, and let us know how you are doing.
Go to Top of Page

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2017 :  11:36:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It happened strong but I tried to pray for hours last night and its not really coming back yet. Wish it would
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2017 :  12:52:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Christi and Blanche that your experience is due to kundalini energy. As a reminder....expectation and attachment to beautiful experiences could be a hindrance in the journey, on the other hand bhakti (devotion) might be of great value.

Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  12:57:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jh36m, Welcome to the forum! This is a very very helpful place to get support for experiences like you had. How are you doing now?...I see you posted a few days ago. Do you feel more grounded? Those experiences are scary and make you feel crazy...When my K awakened I felt bolts of electricity throughout my body but it eventually ceased overtime but its helpful to hear you are not alone.
Prayers to you C
Go to Top of Page

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  2:49:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It took me by surprise, but i really love it. I am really trying to keep it alot. I use emotional music, some prayer, some talking instead of praying but its emotional, I really didnt know it would stay, as far as being grounded, thats on and off, I really do get daydreamy and ponder alot with this. I'll read more stuff but one thing I really think you should know is I want this too happen as much as it can and any ideas i will try to keep it AS MUCH AS I CAN. And also, I take 2 medicines for anxiety depression ocd type stuff and I've heard this can interfere with the experience, any ideas about that?

Edited by - jh36m on Aug 31 2017 3:02:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  5:48:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
But i do understand i need to be grounded
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2017 :  3:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I'll read more stuff but one thing I really think you should know is I want this too happen as much as it can and any ideas i will try to keep it AS MUCH AS I CAN. And also, I take 2 medicines for anxiety depression ocd type stuff and I've heard this can interfere with the experience, any ideas about that?

I can't advise you regarding your perscriptions, but consulting with your doctor about the lowest recommended dosage is desirable for present. Establishing a meditation practice to prepare your neurobiology should be one of your first concerns. Grasping onto experiences is a dead end, your process will play out as it should, all you need to is surrender in your daily meditation practice and observe what comes of it.
Go to Top of Page

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2017 :  05:36:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I got to say your right. Trying to hold onto it is like catching a bird. but sometimes it comes to me, i will stay open to it. And do what I can.
Go to Top of Page

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2017 :  2:38:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
should a person with some mental illness pursue kundalini? i've looked everywhere and cant find much. my experiences were temporary, and they always started easily, like with a prayer mostly, and i've been taught my whole life pray often, so its actually hard to avoid if i do that. i did have a depression that lasted for a while after a few months of my first bigger awakening.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2017 :  05:46:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jh36m
quote:
Originally posted by jh36m
should a person with some mental illness pursue kundalini?

According with AYP, nobody should just "pursue kundalini" in itself. What is worth pursuing is a balanced system of practice that prepares you for a safe kundalini awakening when your are ready.

You have received good advice before, encouraging you to read through the lessons on this website. I would start with meditation, that is Lesson 13
Meditation is the fundamental practice and the precondition for any kundalini development. Meditation is recommended to people who have suffered from depression.

Have you tried any form of meditation yourself?

All the best
Go to Top of Page

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2017 :  3:30:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i have read some of this on meditation and even tried the one where you say to yourself i am over and over. i'm not sure it was working but i tried it. i also tried clearing my mind and just feeling, that might have worked. i even used to try mantras a long time ago. the reason i tried prayer is because it was so easy. i dont know if i have the focusing power of mind for some things, but it doesnt mean i wont try. also, another thing that is important to know is that in the begining of my first big experience i didnt know anything about kundalini or that it happens, my whole point was i just wanted to pray, i never wouldve even expected something to really happen, and when it did i did searches because i didnt know what was going on. how can i discipline myself to have patience i need?
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2017 :  7:48:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2017 :  02:59:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A meditation routine can be as simple as two times a day sitting for ten minutes with the mantra Ayam. After that you lie down for some minutes, doing nothing at all. One in the morning as soon as you get up, one in the evening, before dinner.

This is a useful tip to discipline yourself

Make an appointment with yourself, you are important! If you can make an appointment with someone else, it is possible to do it with yourself too.

The appointment is to do this meditation routine 40 days, mark a calendar every day. If you forget one day, start with day one again. If you reach the forty days, (and that might be after starting over for some times with day one.....which is completely ok too) it becomes easier to follow and expand the practice.

Like BlueRaincoat pointed out Lesson 13 explaines all details but daily practice is enough to find a more relaxed and peaceful daily life over time.

Good Luck

Edited by - Charliedog on Oct 01 2017 03:10:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2017 :  12:33:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jh36m

Charliedog has given you good advice.

Also I remember Yogani writing this in a lesson, with regard to keeping a regular practice: "Where there is a will there is a way"

Perhaps it would be useful to stress that you have two safe options:
- either stick to a regular meditation practice and build further yoga practices safely on that foundation
- or, if you feel unable to follow a meditation routine, stay clear of advance energy practices like kechari.

The third option would be asking for trouble. You might have read posts on this forum about very uncomfortable kundalini symptoms. Better to be safe than sorry.

All the best to you
Go to Top of Page

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2017 :  12:22:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jh36m,

You triggered a memory of how kundalini was activated within me around this same time last year. I had taken a nap on the couch, and I woke up to my whole body being squeezed. It felt like kundalini gave me an electric hug, almost like a nice greeting ha.

After that, I felt a dark energy following me around everywhere, and I decided to face it in my dreams. That night in the dream I killed this demon, and felt like I immediately started having a seizure in the dream once I slayed it. I woke myself up and was still having these very intense sensations of being electrocuted. The energy went through my arms and into my heart, it felt like a reward from the universe. Since then kundalini has been very gentle with me.

I guess the moral of the story above is that kundalini loves courage. She loves when you trust her and feel safe with her. She will want you to be gentle with yourself and all your emotions, to be healthy, and grounded. Theres not much you have to do except meditate daily just to stay centered and cultivate that inner silence. All else is simply evolution, this is a natural process that many humans are going through right now as the collective humanity is in for a loving upgrade.

Kind regards,

Nicole

Edited by - nic on Oct 03 2017 12:25:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2017 :  1:49:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thats very nice to hear that. i was sure i was letting go of it because of scares, then a real simple comfortable thought then wow amazing things happened. and i said, its ok your here i trust you, keep going. and ive been trying different meditations, letting go of all thoughts and just feel, or visualize, and the i am iam saying, and its also interesting that when i say or pray i really am happy feeling this, its like those words seem to bring on very intense joy when i say them. more than most other things i say in fact.
Go to Top of Page

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2017 :  4:31:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know exactly what you're talking about, the feeling of I am brings such a loving comfort from within. The power of words is incredible I can't express how many times I started talking to myself in meditation thinking nothing of it and as soon as I utter the words "I forgive you, I love you, its not your fault" this powerful energy bursts out of me; thats how I have been healing myself over the past months. Its like a style of partial meditation with the mantra and gently talking to aspects of self that need love on the cool down session. I wish you all the best on your journey! Keep every one posted :)
Go to Top of Page

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2017 :  3:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i think you guys are getting tired of me but here goes- i just found out i can think myself into kryas in a short time without saying anything. is it productive at all? and meditating, i say i am with my heartbeat.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2017 :  4:54:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jh36m

We wouldn't get tired of you, but we might get tired of you-not-reading-the-lessons. It's all in there, you know.

The instructions for mantra meditation are simple. Follow them as closely as you can and you will get results. Getting complicated with mantra plus the heartbeat defeats the purpose. You should favour the mantra with your attention. Simple.

All the best
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000