Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Not cutting hair, cold showers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kart12345

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2017 :  5:17:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
1)Hi is there any significance in growing hair throughout the spiritual practices?
I haven't been cutting my hair on head since one year and I dont like to remove it because I feel myself like full and heavy(like stable, unbroken) if i have hair.

2) Does taking bath with too hot water affects ascension?

3) How does it help meditating on the bridge between the two nostrils?
I heard somewhere about it as a grounding technique. but when i try it; it seems it also helps in balancing right and left lobes of the brain. It seems great while I practice it. but I also need others views on it.

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2017 :  05:21:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kart

1. I haven't noticed any effect of hair length over energy level or spiritual development.

2. Negative answer again - hot baths or showers don't appear to stop the energy flowing upwards (if this is what you mean by 'ascension'). I have noticed a hot bath could add a little to kundalini overload, but not much. Cold showers do have a grounding effect, I would say that is quite noticeable.

These answers are based on my own personal experience, I can't claim to speak for everybody.

3. You have to remember that adding more meditation (whatever the technique) to your existing routine is likely to increase the energy rather than ground, especially if you are already unbalanced.
It is true that replacing a more powerful form of meditation, like mantra meditation with breath focused meditation will have the effect of keeping you more grounded, but only by comparison.

Let me ask you a question too:
Do you have a teacher or a system a practice to guide you? Your posts seem to me to indicate that you may be improvising a method by stitching together practices from various sources. There are risks associated with that approach. I would recommend that you find a teaching that resonates with you and stick to it.

All the best

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Oct 21 2017 05:46:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

kart12345

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2017 :  11:31:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BRC, thank you. I want to tell yo My story. is not good not bad but as unique as others.I used to masturbate a lot. I have ADHD. They ruined my life completely. Somehow I understood and started seminal retention with the help of REDDIT. Then I stumbled up on Alex vartman video and learned a lot about kundalini. I did some discussions in AYP. I followed AJIT VADAKAYIL he is a 2nd wiki. They are two great and intelligent people on Earth. And I cannot ask them one-one anything as they are not available for that. If you read just one of his blogs, you will know. “Suryanamskara Ajit Vadakayil “ and “yoga ajit Vadakayil “ are his two of the most famous ones.

Edited by - kart12345 on Oct 21 2017 12:23:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2017 :  1:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kart

Like you, I have drawn inspiration from several spiritual figures who have chosen to put themselves in the public eye. But these models, however inspiring they may be, do not replace systematic teaching. It's not possible to progress safely in yoga without a coherent method and without support.

It sounds like you are completely on your own. I maintain my advice that you should be looking for consistent guidance. Somebody who can give you a tried and tested method and who will answer your questions and help adjust your practice to suit your needs. There are people and places who can offer the teaching and support you need. This website is one example. You do not have to be on your own, especially in the early stages on your journey, when it's so easy to make mistakes. Mixing and matching practices from various sources can work for the very advanced, but it is a risky thing to do for beginners.

You take care. I hope you will find a way to practice safely.
Go to Top of Page

kart12345

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2017 :  5:34:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
BRC, How can I choose, follow and ask a guru in this site?
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2017 :  10:14:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kart

The way to benefit from this site is to slowly work your way through the AYP lessons, from the beginning - there is a 'Start lessons here' link on the left. You will first learn about meditation, which is the fundamental practice. Some months later, when you feel ready for a new practice, read about the next technique, spinal breathing pranayama and begin to practice it. Self-pacing is a must, of course. Practices are added slowly, making sure you are stable before taking on more. If you have any questions or need advice, post on the forum and you will get answers. There is a community of practitioners here who will be happy to support any fellow AYPer.

There are also books, both in electronic format and in print. After you read the lessons and questions-and-answers on meditation for instance, you can also read the "Deep Meditation" book.

Everything you need to know about the AYP method is put in writing by Yogani. He has described every technique in detail and pretty much answered every question anyone could possibly ask.

You will need to manage your own practice. There is a lot of information about self pacing in the lessons.

In short, what it takes to follow AYP is a little self study and, most of all, the commitment to practice regularly. Also it is advisable, especially for beginners, to put yoga practices from other sources to one side for a while. As I said in a post above, mixing and matching carries some risks and it is only for the very advanced.

If you wish to give AYP a go, make a commitment to practice it for 6 months, or a year, see how you are progressing with it.

You can also take a subscription to AYP Plus, where you can get more advice from advanced practitioners. The subscription is only $10 a month. Those who can't afford it can apply for a scholarship.

I hope this answers your question. Any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best wishes

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Oct 22 2017 10:21:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

kart12345

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2017 :  5:58:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you BRC, It happened to me that I met a “yogi” online and he has different technique “8 spiritual breaths” that he gonna teach me for 8 weeks starting from today.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000