Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 some observations !
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Athma_Shakti

India
81 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2006 :  07:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Athma_Shakti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
here are some of the observations of my practice i want to share with you. and it may differ for others :)

stage1: i start chanting the mantra, my mind gets clear from external thoughts, totally focusing on mantra and the main thing i feel is i have to feel the vibration of mantra in my body like a rythm.

stage2: i feel slight warm around my body and then a coolness around my body.

stage3: then inner silence starts and my head starts turning, i noticed that this turning depends upon the amount of activity on that day, less activity less turning. yesterdy i had almost 90 degree turn on the left hand side.

stage4: the energy body starts to coincide with physical body in a straight line, when this happens, i achieve complete inner silence and ecstasy and its fantastic, and slowly my body start losing the awareness only the consciousness left. and i feel like iam floating. at this stage i also heard the sound "hissss" on the back of my head.

stage5: then starts the heaviness, my body gets much heavier and feel like body is expanded.

yesterday in this stage my consciousness automatically shifted to the centre of my head just behind the ajna chakra (cave of Brahma), and i really felt inside some cave totally black and getting condensed and iam not sure i was breathing or not, and it was really fantastic, also in this level i heard the sound "oooooooooooooonnn" like "Om" exactly on the top of my head, but like from a distance place. when i came out of meditation still i felt the pressure inside my head and also a mild head ache.

I didn't know that "Mantra Meditation" has this much power :)

Thanx

With Love and Respect
Kumar

Topic moved for better placement

Edited by - aypmod2 on Nov 11 2006 08:08:20 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2006 :  5:26:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Kumar... sounds like wonderful things are happening to you with your meditation.

I just want to clarify one thing.. and I think its more of a language thing than a problem.. but in any case..
You said...
stage1: i start chanting the mantra,
When you say chant.. you mean repeat it in your mind.. not say it out aloud right?

Also, when you do start noticing all the wonderful things.. treat them like distractions and come back to the mantra..

And the last thing.. when you start your meditation.. don't expect any of these things, remember.. your experiences during meditation will change over time. Meditation itself should be like brushing your teeth.. just do it every day.. twice a day... its how this practice makes you feel in your daily activities is what the true measure of progress...

I don't mean to minimize your experience... so please don't get me wrong. All these wonderful experiences give us that push to keep going.. just don't get hung up on them..
Wish you all the best...
Go to Top of Page

Athma_Shakti

India
81 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  03:03:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Athma_Shakti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti

i mean to say that "i chant mantra in my mind and not aloud"

Thank you very much for your encouragement , i will follow your advice when i do the meditation.

"Meditation itself should be like brushing your teeth.. just do it every day.. twice a day"

This is very much true Shanti. because even if i miss a day of practice and among all the day of activities and work, next day getting the inner silence takes time.

Thanx
Kumar
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  04:27:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Wow Kumar... sounds like wonderful things are happening to you with your meditation.

I just want to clarify one thing.. and I think its more of a language thing than a problem.. but in any case..
You said...
stage1: i start chanting the mantra,
When you say chant.. you mean repeat it in your mind.. not say it out aloud right?

Even before reading your comment Shanti, I was going to ask the same question.
Chanting for me means producing audible pysical sound.
So Kumar, please clarify this for us.
The topic of saying the mantra in one's mind versus saying it with
one's voice came up so many times, I really am wondering.

L&L
Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

Athma_Shakti

India
81 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  06:55:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Athma_Shakti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wolfgang

I chant the Mantra "inside my mind" and its described like that in "AYP Mantra Meditation" Lesson

do you chant the Mantra verbally with "Physical Sound"?

Thanx

------
it seems that these days i have to make "Samyama" on English Language
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  10:23:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, I don't produce a physical sound (which I would call chanting),
but when I started with AYP it was one of my questions.
I understood (and understand) that the mantra should only be in the mind,
but I was curious what consequences it would have when I would
chant the mantra (making physical sound), and there are quite
a few posts around concerning the difference between those two
different practices.

L&L
Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2006 :  09:04:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, I just have to ask one thing that is slowly getting to me... I just have to thank you, Athma first, I totally recognize your description above of the different sensations and "stages".

And when you describe the "black cave", my mind twisted, and I went to look up in Yoganis lessons how he has described inner silence... I have not understood the different "depths" of inner silence. I thought it was the non-thinking state in a more general sense... but then I hit a sentence where he says that "it has many names... e.g the void". And when I read Athmas post here, I was hit with amazement: IS INNER SILENCE = THE VOID? Holy moses!!!!

Soo.... hey, guys... Are you in the big darkness, the black void where everything is just love, everytime you meditate???? I have just not grasped that THAT is the inner silence that is talked about. I have just touched the void a few times and it was the most amazing, wonderful, total "experience" I have ever BEEN... Hm... This cannot be grasped with the mind - I know - but I just find it so surprising...

Sorry, but I feel I swing back and forth in my understanding/knowing of this... anyone have any thoughts or comments, suggestions on other threads or lessons where I can read more? I will start plowing this part of the forum...
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2006 :  09:59:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
IS INNER SILENCE = THE VOID? Holy moses!!!!

In a word, yes. But maybe Moses isn't that holy or special after all. We've all got it inside us.

'Inner silence' is called by many names, including also 'samadhi'. There's a lot more on the subject here (under the heading of 'samadhi'):

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=667

Edited by - david_obsidian on Nov 14 2006 10:13:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2006 :  10:35:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi EMC,

I think there are many words for it: Inner Silence, presence, being, the void, oneness, nothingness, no thing, space, inner space, emptiness, samadhi etc.

all the best,

Anthem11
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2006 :  10:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great link, David! Thank you!!! Getting clearer and clearer!
Go to Top of Page

Athma_Shakti

India
81 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2006 :  07:37:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Athma_Shakti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc

i don't know the exact chemistry behind this "black cave", first time i had this experience.

but i had similar experience when i was meditating on crown. i felt total black and voidness but its kind of expanding voidness. but the "black cave" is kind of sucks you inside that place and kind of condensing voidness.

i followed the link posted by David, thanx David and i found Yogani's answer very helpful and direct.

Yogani says:
"we are having an energy experience, not a samadhi experience."

"Energy is very edgy, and that edginess is due to "friction" of the energy moving through the obstructions in our purifying nerves."

"Inner silence wants to move"
------

what i understood from Yogani's post is.

when we feel more and more inner silence our body awareness loses and we are aware of "consciousness"

wherever the consciousness moves - energy (Kundalini) follows it.

I think the chakras are doorways to kind of other layers or dimensions.

when we place our conciousness to particular chakra, the energy manifest in specific form and we get different experiences depending upon the amount of purfication we have. i think "samadhi" is a experience where we have total awareness of consciousness.
------

I wonder is there any chakra located in "black cave" where the spinal column starts?

is there any circuit connecting this "black cave" to the crown? or it can be achieved through "Kechari"?

I use to bring the kundalini to crown through the ajna chakra.

I just want to show you the circuit how i bring the kundalini to crown.

---------- p3.....
---------- p1...p2
---------- |
---------- | (spinal column)
---------- |
---------- |

p1 - "black cave"
p2 - ajna point
p3 - crown point
. - path of kundalini

Thanx
Kumar

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000