Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Some Experiences
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lapindigo

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2016 :  2:49:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I just want to reach out and maybe get involved in this community because I think it is needed. I have been practicing AYP for about 2 years now. At one point, I had gradually built up to a daily routine of amaroli, 20-40 minutes of asana, followed by SBP, DM, and a fair portion of the mudras, bandhas, etc. to total about an hour of sitting practices including the meditation. I had some steady kundalini circulating, with no ill effects. There was even 2 whole days of pure inner silence (which went away when I tried to describe it to my wife.) Things got out of balance, and the practices became inconsistent. I tried to build back up. One day in December, I sent one single breath to the crown. I don't know why. I don't know if that caused or contributed to what happened shortly thereafter. Another thing is, a few years ago, I ended up reading about some certain types of dark/"evil" entities. It is not a well-known phenomena, and I think that had I not read about them, they would not have interacted with me, so I don't think I really want to go into too much detail about the nature of the beings, but one day in December, years after reading about them, I started thinking about them. I don't know why, but the descriptions I had read just popped into my head, and I thought, 'I wonder if that is real?' As I was thinking about it, I got the creepiest feeling. Well, a few days after that they showed up. It was a very paranormal experience, but very, very real. After that encounter, I became afraid. Before that, I had never really had any fear, but afterwards, I was very fearful. It also made everything too real. Before, I had been content to chalk up things like demons as metaphorical. I have been spiritual for years, but it was different after having that interaction, and the part of me that had been able to remain skeptical about non-material phenomena had to concede that some such things are very real. Well, before that experience, I thought I was transcending notions of light vs. dark or good vs. evil, but after that, I felt very caught up in it. I became a little paranoid about innumerable entities swirling around me, angels and demons battling and such. I felt real but intangible effects of my thoughts and emotions. Also, my crown was going crazy and would not stop tingling. For the first 2 or 3 days after the experience, I wore a beanie at all times, to literally and metaphorically try and put a lid on it. Obviously, I was not grounded. I knew it, and I tried grounding my feet, eating a heavier diet like Yogani talks about, grounding gem stones, exercise. I stopped the AYP practices completely. I thought, not for the first time, about Yogani's wisdom. In this case, how he speaks of the best path to enlightenment being rather non-eventful. Before that experience, I wanted eventful, unusual experiences, but afterwards I just wanted 'normal.' This was all a little much for me throughout the rest of the winter, and it didn't help that it was dark so much of the time. I have come to realize that the whole 'battle' is in the mind, and the fear that negative or dark energy attempts to inspire is the basis of its power. So, if we have no fear, the darkness has no power. I also realized the power of thoughts, intentions, and beliefs. I feel more able now to embrace the spiritual, immaterial aspects of life and consciousness because I have had a first-hand, personal experience which makes the existence of the spiritual realm undeniable. I guess I am at a point now where I feel I am finally integrating my experience. I finally started meditating again. Actually, of all things, I never stopped the amaroli. But now I am just doing amaroli, meditating and also doing the dynamic jalandhara (it's great for my throat chakra, and the consequent health issues [a subject for another thread]). I kind of wanted to join up here, relate my experiences, and ask for help sooner; I'm not sure why I didn't. So, what do you think?

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2016 :  3:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello lapindigo, welcome to the forum

Glad you decided to say 'hello'.

It sounds like the energy side of things got ahead of the inner silence (you know Yogani talks about two sides that develop and eventually merge). The thing to do with the thoughts and emotions you are describing is to release them into silence.

Had you checked in a little earlier, we might have told you to drop amaroli (that practice nudges the energy) and stick to some gentle form of meditation (to help increase the silence). Anyway, it sounds like your have found balance again. When in doubt, always prioritise meditation over energy practices.

Hope all goes smoothly for you from now on.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2016 :  4:25:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi lapindigo,

Welcome to the forums! Good advice from Blue already. This lesson may help.

http://www.aypsite.org/421.html

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2016 :  4:52:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello lapindigo, welcome!

While I don't have experience with dark entities, I do think you are spot on with your conclusion that they are products of your mind, that given fertile ground and acknowledgment they may thrive much in the same way a nightmare plays out. I am happy for you to have reached dawn after such a dark night.

I too have learned there is tremendous power in belief and intention, the "believer believes" phenomenon. An intention directed by will and a positive outlook is an important tool in a spiritual toolbox. Blue Raincoat makes a good observation about inner silence; AYP practice is designed around cultivating silence before energy for that reason. You have gained as much as you've lost from this last winter; now that you've stabilized, keep it positive, keep it light.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2016 :  02:00:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

While I don't have experience with dark entities, I do think you are spot on with your conclusion that they are products of your mind...

They are products of your mind in the way everything else is a product of your mind - including the belief that ALL this is real. I have a different theory. I believe that they exist on a lower vibratory level of the Consciousness continuum and, as DM raises your vibration, they will pass out of your range of the Consciousness continuum and at some point Higher Beings will start interacting with you. We are happy to believe in Higher Beings but shy away from believing in Lower Beings.

@ lapindigo - I would suggest you move forward carefully. Self-pace, self-pace, self-pace. I would drop the dynamic jalandhara and any other energy stimulating practice except for SBP.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2016 :  03:57:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I kind of wanted to join up here, relate my experiences, and ask for help sooner; I'm not sure why I didn't. So, what do you think?

Welcome to these AYP forums lapindigo
Go to Top of Page

lapindigo

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2016 :  7:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

When in doubt, always prioritise meditation over energy practices.

Hope all goes smoothly for you from now on.

Noted; and good call! Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

lapindigo

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2016 :  7:50:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Hi lapindigo,

Welcome to the forums! Good advice from Blue already. This lesson may help.

http://www.aypsite.org/421.html

Sunyata

Hi Sunyata, and thank you for the welcome. I did re-read the lesson, and found it helpful. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

lapindigo

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2016 :  8:35:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Hello lapindigo, welcome!

While I don't have experience with dark entities, I do think you are spot on with your conclusion that they are products of your mind, that given fertile ground and acknowledgment they may thrive much in the same way a nightmare plays out. I am happy for you to have reached dawn after such a dark night.

I too have learned there is tremendous power in belief and intention, the "believer believes" phenomenon. An intention directed by will and a positive outlook is an important tool in a spiritual toolbox. Blue Raincoat makes a good observation about inner silence; AYP practice is designed around cultivating silence before energy for that reason. You have gained as much as you've lost from this last winter; now that you've stabilized, keep it positive, keep it light.

Thanks for the welcome and the well-wishes!

The 'intention directed by will' brings up another thought I was having, about samyama. My sense is that it would be useful to bring it back in (I was doing it for a while in the past, then sporadically...) It seems it is more a silence type of practice than energetic, and I feel (especially now that I have seen the power of my thoughts and intentions) it could help with everything.
Go to Top of Page

lapindigo

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2016 :  8:44:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

I would suggest you move forward carefully. Self-pace, self-pace, self-pace. I would drop the dynamic jalandhara and any other energy stimulating practice except for SBP.

Sey

Thanks for that perspective, Sey. Although, it has been 4 months now. I feel like things have stabilized so that I can get back into the practices, and I feel like I need to. I also have a real sense that I need to clear and open my throat chakra. Maybe that's why it took 4 months for me to say anything here, even though I kept thinking I wanted to.
Go to Top of Page

lapindigo

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2016 :  8:47:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

Welcome to these AYP forums lapindigo

Thanks so much!!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2016 :  9:53:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
By all mean, lapindigo, samyama is perfect for your next practice. It is based in inner silence and if that is strong in you, samyama is the other part of the equation: DM cultivates inward, samyama outward, surrendering the fruits of practice to the Divine, to immediate family, friends, acquaintances, strangers...As I pass through the sutras, I send them from my solar center. It registers physically, as if my center is being strummed. I can't recommend it enough

http://www.aypsite.org/150.html
http://www.aypsite.org/368.html

Edit: add links

Edited by - Dogboy on Apr 22 2016 9:55:58 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000