Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 My sense of taste has changed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dennis

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2016 :  10:19:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
About a week ago, my sense of taste changed slightly. Some foods taste bitter, it's as if my sense of sweetness is impaired. Sometimes I think I'm actually tasting things more fully but everything tastes a little off.

I'm wondering if this is a side effect of the practice (SBP, DM, Yoni,Chin pump), or if anyone has experienced this. And if so, is it a permanent change?

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2016 :  05:46:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dennis

Yes, changes like this can happen. It is unlikely to be permanent.

I can't tell what it means in your case (only you can figure that out), but when food taste starts to lose its freshness, for me it's a signal that I need to fast. It can be just one meal - for instance, instead if having breakfast in the morning, I will wait to get hungry and have a meal of plain rice. The next meal can be also rice, or it could be vegan (I am usually a vegetarian these days, so vegan for me is fast). I drink plenty of water to help the cleansing process.

This is of course just one example. Your case could be somewhat similar or entirely different. Only you can tell.

Best wishes
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2016 :  08:02:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dennis and BlueRaincoat,
I have experienced shifts in taste. It seems to be a symptom of purification. When something tastes funny, I do not eat it - or my body will let me know that it was a bad idea to eat it. Some things do not agree with the body for a short while, some seem to disagree for longer periods.

In the last months I cut off sugar. After a couple of weeks, my mouth started to fill with sweetness. Could it be that giving up sugar made me more sensitive to the sweetness that is in us naturally?

Go to Top of Page

Dennis

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2016 :  02:14:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, I though something was organically wrong with me. My wife told me to go to the doctor but I know that wouldn't do any good.

Hard to pinpoint but it seems as if my ability to taste sweetness in foods is reduced, causing things taste a bit bitter. Funny how things like cheese have a sweet component and without it, taste a bit unpleasant.

I guess something is actually happening so that's exciting. I'll wait it out and maybe it's a signal to change my diet.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000