Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 A weird sensation I experienced
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

djed

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2016 :  04:35:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am new to this forum so forgive me if this question has been answered before. The other night I was waking up from a dream and felt the vibration symptoms of astral projection. I attempted to astral project but failed this time. Then I thought to myself to try spinal breathing since I am so close to the vibrational state, just as an experiment.

Before I even completed the thought the sensation of a small slug creature was felt at my sacrum. Then it crawled up my spine ever so slowly. It seemed to pause to rest, then it would continue. This only continued for about 3 minutes, and when it crawled up to just behind the larynx, and I didn't feel anything after that. It was very strange, and I haven't felt anything like it before. It didn't hurt.

My question is does anyone have any experience of a sensation like this? Of a slug or worm like creature crawling up the spine? When I do spinal breathing in the evenings or just before sleep I don't feel anything. But I am wondering also has anyone experimented with spinal breathing in the OBE vibrational state? Any reply will be much appreciated.

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2016 :  08:08:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I am new to this forum so forgive me if this question has been answered before. The other night I was waking up from a dream and felt the vibration symptoms of astral projection. I attempted to astral project but failed this time. Then I thought to myself to try spinal breathing since I am so close to the vibrational state, just as an experiment.

Before I even completed the thought the sensation of a small slug creature was felt at my sacrum. Then it crawled up my spine ever so slowly. It seemed to pause to rest, then it would continue. This only continued for about 3 minutes, and when it crawled up to just behind the larynx, and I didn't feel anything after that. It was very strange, and I haven't felt anything like it before. It didn't hurt.

My question is does anyone have any experience of a sensation like this? Of a slug or worm like creature crawling up the spine? When I do spinal breathing in the evenings or just before sleep I don't feel anything. But I am wondering also has anyone experimented with spinal breathing in the OBE vibrational state? Any reply will be much appreciated.

Hi djed,

Welcome to the forums! The lesson below may be helpful.

http://www.aypsite.org/69.html

It's movement of energy. .

Similar to you, I have a lot of experiences at night/ when sleeping. Not a lot goes during the practice, just the simple procedure of coming back to the object of meditation. I have not tried astral projection but awareness travels in the sushumna. Each chakra opens to a different dimension. There is an option here to explore or back out. Sometimes I go with it, other times I don't.

You will have plenty of experiences on your path. During practices, we simply come back to the mantra. Don't put too much emphasis on experiences. They come and go. They are treated as scenery in AYP. Self pace and continue your practices. It only starts getting better from here.

Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Apr 12 2016 3:56:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2016 :  3:34:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is very interesting, thanks for sharing and/or talking about it.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2016 :  07:49:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello djed,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I second Sunyata: This is an experience, it is interesting, but it does not serve you to spend time on it, and it is better to focus on the practice.

Yogani advises not to get involved with spirits and entities. Many astral entities only look for attention, and have little to offer. They are a distraction from the path. See Lesson 421http://www.aypsite.org/421.html

Not all the gurus were as clear and direct in their teachings as Yogani is. Milarepa tells the story of this Tibetan guru who sent his students to spend time in a cave with the spirits/entities appearing in their meditation. Some students realized that these spirits were not real - or they did not represent ultimate reality. These students would come back to the guru and would receive more teachings. But some students would get trapped in their experience, would put all their energy in making the astral spirit/deity stronger, and they would spend the rest of their life "playing" that game. In Tibetan, I think this is called being trapped in the "Demon Ghost Cave," and it is a recognized challenge on the spiritual path.

There in enough to do in this journey without taking detours.
Best wishes

Edited by - Blanche on Apr 18 2016 08:05:08 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000