Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 can spiritual development be the cause of this?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MrSteroids1

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2016 :  8:05:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So, I have a mental impairment, I have difficulty well understanding speech because of (I think) disharmony in my brain when i concentrate to try to understand what the person is saying, but the thing is that I have no difficulty at all understanding speech if I am not consciously trying to understand and as soon as i realize that I could understand well what the person was saying, i cannot understand anymore.

I don't know what it is caused by and I wonder if it may be caused by my body's spiritual transformation in progress. Could it be caused by my brain rewiring itself? I also do smoke cannabis ~3 times a week for deep shamanic meditations...

I am at the stage of development where vein-like wires are being filled with consciousness(or energy) in my body, mostly the legs and belly. My crown chakra is moving all the time(it's been a while like that, maybe a year and a half). my crown chakra also popped out of the top of my skull a little, or at least, it felt like it. Also, very small energy veins have been opening on my left ear for a couple of month

thanks for reading

Edited by - MrSteroids1 on Apr 04 2016 8:35:42 PM

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  12:09:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cannabis definitely won't help to establish long-term clarity in communication.

If you have a blockage or discordance, you can use a variety of AYP tools to help dissolve or unwind it.

I have found that active listening comes easier with a foundation of stillness, but I have also found that it's not always necessary to hang onto every word coming out of someone's mouth. Sometimes it's advantageous to tune out a little, and to let the filter of silence do its work. Not all messages are healthy for digestion, so a buffer of serenity will help discern between what needs to be paid attention to, and what needs to kept at the periphery. I'm not advocating absent-mindedness; I'm merely pointing out that the easily favoring style of Deep Meditation can also be applied to the flow and exhange within conversations, which would mean relying on stillness to regulate one's scope of attention and focus.

Example: I've been at my grandparents' house, and they've been watching a news show in which the commentators are spewing vitreolic content at the camera, so I allow myself to reside in stillness, without having to focus on every word. Maybe I'll think of something more positive, while they're absorbing the toxic media.

We get to choose what we take in, even if it's right in front of our face.

Best wishes on your path.
Go to Top of Page

dv2014

USA
93 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  1:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Bodhi. Trying to consciously focus on any activity becomes stressful often, easily favoring, or nudging the mind a little bit seems to be slowly working for me for all things life. The deep meditation instruction of 'easily favoring' can be applied to any new learning process in life.

This is not being completely absent minded, as Bodhi says.

This reminds me of an AYP lesson on Yogic focus - perhaps this one (http://aypsite.com/263.html)
Go to Top of Page

MrSteroids1

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  10:55:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

Cannabis definitely won't help to establish long-term clarity in communication.

This post will be out of topic

Firstly i must say that it was a mistake writing that weed may be the cause of my little mental discordance. In fact, i honestly think that it is doing quite the opposite, i'll tell you why...

When I'm doing a shamanic session, my psyche is unstable, but not crazy. With this unstability comes fear, anxiety and paranoia. While unstable, it is easier to be conscious and relaxed at the same time, and this is exactly what meditation is about for me, to be relaxed and conscious and let the body do it's thing. I've also discovered a cyclone of bad feelings inside of myself that appears only while i'm high on cannabis. I've made it a challenge to see what hides behind it, and it will take all of my courage to keep digging inside myself and the more i dig, the more intense the cyclone of fear gets.

out of topic again :) but i've also started writing my thoughts while high because they're quite wise and my memory isn't easy to access while i'm high.

comments are welcomed :)

Edited by - MrSteroids1 on Apr 08 2016 11:13:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  11:28:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I certainly had positive experiences on marijuana and psychedelics, but I paid a hefty price eventually. It's simple neurobiology.

It's your trip, so I wish you well on your journey of exploration, but ultimately, you may discover that certain methods work more effectively than others in establishing a lasting state of expanded consciousness. In AYP, we don't advocate use of marijuana or psychedelics. We advocate gentler means, like Deep Meditation, Spinal Breathing, Samyama, karma/bhakti yoga, and so on. Incidentally, there is no lack of opportunity to face our fears and evolve as spiritual warriors within the framework of AYP. There's plenty of weaponry at our disposal here.

Unity. Strength. Wisdom.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  12:03:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
MrSterooids,

You'll find that eventually you'll want to sit through everything without drugs( sorry if I misunderstood you). I'm sure it's not comfortable.

If you feel like you are not really " there", maybe do more grounding.

Edited by - lalow33 on Apr 09 2016 12:03:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

MrSteroids1

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  12:16:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I understand that it may not be the recomended choice, but i do want to at least try and try again and again until i'm certain that nothing good will come out of it anymore, just in case, because curiosity :)

I haven't yet succeded at being totally relaxed and conscious with a still mind, and i think weed can help achieve this.

Edited by - MrSteroids1 on Apr 09 2016 12:47:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  01:06:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, at some point, you'll want to sit through something whether it's comfortable or not. I wouldn't have believed this a few years ago. It's cool to disagree with me.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  05:52:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by MrSteroids1
I haven't yet succeded at being totally relaxed and conscious with a still mind, and i think weed can help achieve this.
Then you will be depended on weed for "being totally relaxed and conscious with a still mind". There is no replacement for daily practice to enable you to be in this state naturally and without psychotropic crutches.

Learning from others who have been there before is a good idea. Bodhi Tree is giving you invaluable advice.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Apr 09 2016 06:05:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  4:53:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

...but i do want to at least try and try again and again until i'm certain that nothing good will come out of it anymore, just in case, because curiosity :)

Well, pain has a good way of establishing certainty, i.e. when we burn out, the pain will effectively transmit the message that we've hit a dead end. Fortunately, pleasure also establishes certainty by reinforcing positive behaviors that lead to positive rewards. Once the pain outweighs the reward, then we must inevitably adjust our approach. No one is an absolute masochist deep down.

In lieu of pain, there is always foresight, anticipation, and conventional wisdom, which rely not only on one's personal success and failures, but on the success and failures around oneself. In other words, I don't have to make every single mistake myself; I can learn by observing pitfalls around me.

But don't worry, I won't lose any sleep worrying about whether or not you're smoking pot. There's too much pain in trying to change people against their will, and there's too much pleasure in blazing ahead into the new frontier, even if it means leaving behind those that are unwilling (that trend runs in my family ).

So, I empathize with your desire to experiment and go down the rabbit hole.

As you will see, certain tools dig the hole better than others.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2016 :  3:54:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

So, I have a mental impairment, I have difficulty well understanding speech because of (I think) disharmony in my brain when i concentrate to try to understand what the person is saying, but the thing is that I have no difficulty at all understanding speech if I am not consciously trying to understand and as soon as i realize that I could understand well what the person was saying, i cannot understand anymore.

Is this something new? When did it start? Does it apply also to reading complex information or solving problems? If it is a new thing, what happened just before you noticed this difficulty? Any other change in your practice? In your awareness? In your life? Take care.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2016 :  10:50:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi MrSteroids1,

your experience is very familiar here and quite normal. It can happen by two means, either melting in no-mind awareness over prolonged times. Or by means of the crown chakra.

You can regain balance by focusing more on the first 6 chakras until mental functionality has come back. Mantric practices also help in keeping the mind functional. For dissolving in no-mind again, you know where to go ;)

Peace and happy practice!

PS: What has been said about weed still applies, but this you know anyway ;)

Edited by - Holy on Apr 19 2016 10:58:59 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000