Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Bleeding after kundalini yoga classes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lapislazuli

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  3:54:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I started bleeding between periods after kundalini yoga class. Is it possible that kundalini yoga is shifting energy in my 2nd chakra? Every time I go to kundalini yoga class I bleed after that.

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2016 :  07:11:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lapislazuli

That can happen when kundalini energy picks up all of a sudden. My impression is that the menstrual cycle in yoginis can work a bit like a safety valve - if there is more energy in the system then can be integrated, the body dumps it on various functions - the menstrual cycle is one and you can get more frequent or heavier periods for a while. It can be dumped in other places e.g. the digestive fire can intensify beyond what is necessary to digests your food and that can be the source of some discomfort.

You need to be careful with your self-pacing. Kundalini Yoga does use some very strong practices. Since you've come to this website, I will recommend that you read the AYP lessons on self-pacing. You can find them on the Topic Index page under the first heading "Advanced Yoga Practices (main techniques)"

And bear in mind Charliedog's advice too - if there is any chance it might be a medical issue, do check with your doctor.

All the best
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000