Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Head pressure after meals
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vd007

USA
38 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2016 :  3:17:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am a 39 year old souHs of vipassana meditation practice, which consist of watching breath and body sensations (S N Goenka tradition) in the past TEN years. I do not do AYP "I AM" or the spinal breathing as I had some adverse reaction when I undertook them. I practiced tantra for 2 years and started to feel lethargic and tired. I have stopped tantra since the past 2 years.

For the past 2 years, there are some sensations always going on in my head and on top of my head. I have not done any spiritual practice for the past 2 years. No tantric activity or any vipassana. I have been doing a lot of self pacing. I keep myself involved in household chores and my work. But still there are these sensations in my head.

I want to add that I am practising celibacy for the past 2 years or so. When I indulge in tantric sex with ejaculation I feel much drained. I feel fatigued and have overload when I indulge in tantric sex without ejaculation Hence I am practicing celibacy.

I get uncomfortable sensations in my head after eating food. I usually eat healthy vegetarian food. As soon as I eat food I start experiencing these sensations mostly in the crown chakra area and in the third eye chakra area for an hour or half and they are really troublesome. It gets worse if I eat sugars.

My question is
1. Do people with kundalini have these symptoms of uncomfortable sensation in head after eating food? If so is there a way out of it.

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2016 :  5:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi vd007,

Sorry to hear that you are having so many problems.

It sounds like what you are experiencing is a premature crown chakra opening. This can happen when too much attention is placed on the top of the head, too often during spiritual practices. I know that this is done repeatedly during Burmese style vipassana meditation, so that could be what has caused your symptoms. It could also have been caused by something else.

Whatever caused it, it is not much fun to go through and can last for years, as you are finding out. The important thing is to stay grounded and not to engage in spiritual activities until things settle down and you are back to normal. Going for a long walk every day in nature is possibly the best remedy. It grounds out energy and will tend to bring prana down and away from the crown and third eye.

If you are experiencing symptoms in the higher centres, try not to pay any attention to them. Simply placing the attention on the higher chakras, or above them, will cause them to become more active.

Unfortunately, celibacy is a spiritual practice, which is why almost all monks and nuns do it, and it will tend to make the symptoms worse rather than better. So having some moderate sexual activity is preferable to celibacy, at least until your symptoms calm down.

The food issue is related to the subtle anatomy. When kundalini is very active, the body will begin to mix prana from food with other kinds of prana in the body and send it upwards towards the crown and third eye. This in turn causes the higher centres to be stimulated and will antagonize any adverse symptoms that you may have. One of the pranas that is involved in this process is prana coming up through the body from retained sexual essences. So not observing celibacy will probably also help reduce the issues that you are having from eating food.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

vd007

USA
38 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2016 :  12:10:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

Thanks for the advice. The issue I am encountering is that grounding does not work for me. I have tried for 2 years to not meditate and it makes me feel horrible. My body feels awful and it demands me to meditate and when close my eyes and meditate, I get immediate relief. So I have to meditate.

But these head sensation after meals persist whether I meditate or not.

I do nature walks for an hour daily and have tried exercise but these grounding techniques do not work.

When I have normal sex with ejacuation, I get headaches. When I do tantric sex without ejaculation I just want to keep on engaging in sex. If I engage in tanric sex with ejacuation the amount of ejacuate is a lot and I am depleted and depressed for days. In all these instantances my head pressure and sensations after meals persists. I have been to doctors, ayurvedic doctors and homeopathic doctors but no help.

When I was practising vipassana, celibacy just came naturally without being forced and I used to feel so light and energetic. Since I got into tantra everything turned upside down.

I was wondering if there was anyway I could bring this energy down. I have tried Spinal breating pranayama but it further amplifies the energy and makes it worse.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2016 :  12:51:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi vd007,

It sounds as if you have become very sensitive to spiritual practices due to a long period of using a meditation technique involving the crown chakra (Burmese vipassana) and a long period of sexual addiction and over-indulgence including tantric sexual practices. Basically you have opened up too many energy channels, too soon and now your body and mind are struggling to catch up.

It may take a long time to put things right and undo the damage done and during that time you may have to put up with some things that are unpleasant or even painful.

Your body will never force you to meditate. It is always your choice.

Engaging in grounding practices will help, but if you are continuing to practice tantric sex and to practice meditation whilst you are also experiencing symptoms of energetic overload, then you are really just creating the problem as fast as you are solving it.

My advise would be to let all spiritual practices go for a while, including any form of meditation, or tantric sexual practice. You may find that you experience some pain, or frustration, or other symptoms. Simply be with them, but do not let them control your life or dictate your actions. Eventually they will subside.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2016 :  1:04:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Vd007,

Christi has already given excellent advise. You haven't mentioned Asanas. Have you tried Asanas? The experience here is that Asanas help balance energy overload, particularly in group settings (yoga studio).
My favorite is Vinyasa. Try it out and see how it feels , if you haven't already. If it feels too much, then no practices for sometime. Like Yogani recommends service of some type may help. If you are not able to go out and help, may be just serving the people around you. Hope things smooth out soon.

Highly recommend this book. Easy too read and guide to how to live a tranquil Life.

A Course in Tranquility: Integrating Meditation, Effective Living, and Non Dualism

http://www.amazon.com/Course-Tranqu...Ryan+Kurczak

Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Mar 28 2016 2:16:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

vd007

USA
38 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  4:31:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi, Sunyata,

Thanks for the advice. I was wondering if I could elaborate on my issue to solicit esteemed input. This problem of having head pressure/burning sensation in my head after any meals has been going on for 6 years now. I have tried grounding for months and that does not work. I would still get these uncomfortable sensations for 1-2 hours after meals. I have indulged in ejaculatory sex and tantric sex and the sensations still
happen after meals. I am fine if I don't eat anything. If I don't eat anything I can feel some mild senstation in my head but they are not bothersome. Once I eat meals the fireworks start. I can feel the food going to my head and then the pressure begins. Would you think this is a medical condition? I have gotten Brain MRI done and it was all clear. Doctors prescribe one test after the other and there is no end to their testing. Medicines just mask symptoms and they don't cure. I am Vitamin D and B12 deficient and when I take those supplements I don't feel very good. I eat healthy food.

Is this a medical condition ? Should I continue chasing doctors, which by the way are very expensive? Is there some way besides grounding and self pacing to get this energy down and not have my head sensations after meals?
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  6:58:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi vd007,

As Christi as already mentioned, years of overdoing will take sometime to settle down.If heavy meals is the issue, why not only eat light meals. I could only eat light (fruits/veggies) for few months when I was going through awakening.

Listen to your body. Be sure to get clearance from your Doctor, if you decide to make changes to your diet. When the energy was stuck in the crown, spinal breathing helped here( few rounds). If you have adverse effect with SB, stop that as well. Just be patient and ground/selfpace. It's good to keep in touch with the Doc, just to make sure everything is okay.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000