Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 premature awakeing via psilocybin overdose
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ash_88

Hungary
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  04:04:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for your help on one of my friend's behalf. Years ago he overdosed himself with psilocybin which resulted in a premature awakening. He has been battling with some 'demons' and very strong emotions ever since then. He can't really put it into words but it feels like as if they're coming through a crashed in gate and try to pull him under if he stops keeping himself busy, even for a half an hour. Meanwhile, the initial bliss that accompanied the awakening experience diminished, leaving behind nothing but their disturbing counterparts.

Now we are looking for resources that would ease the symptoms or help coping with them. I'm very aware of the fact that any given thing works differently for different people and you should use your own discretion and judgement when it comes to experimenting with anything. But I would really appreciate if anyone could help me find books, articles, websites or any piece of information that deal with the treatment of premature awakening, especially when it is caused by hallucinogens.

All the best,
alex

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  03:49:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alex

Your friend could do with some grounding and relaxing. If he can't stop and relax, perhaps try to find some relaxing activities: walking in nature, sports and keeping fit, gardening if that appeals to him. Socializing is grounding too.

Is your friend aware that these "demons trying to pull him under" are not real? If the answer to that is 'no', then the psychiatric option may need to be considered. It is not an appealing option, but if he takes hallucinations for real, that can be dangerous. Important to make sure there isn't a risk he will hurt himself or others.

Best wishes to you and your friend.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Apr 09 2016 06:07:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

ash_88

Hungary
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  05:00:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Hi Alex

Your friend could do with some grounding and relaxing. If he can't stop and relax, perhaps try to find some relaxing activities: walking in nature, sports and keeping fit, gardening if that appeals to him. Socializing is grounding too.

Is your fiend aware that these "demons trying to pull him under" are not real? If the answer to that is 'no', then the psychiatric option may need to be considered. It is not an appealing option, but if he takes hallucinations for real, that can be dangerous. Important to make sure there isn't a risk he will hurt himself or others.

Best wishes to you and your friend.

Hello,

thank you for the suggestions. Yes, I think he is safe to be around :). Nut sure about the hurting himself part, though.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  6:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd recommend physical outdoor labor. Mowing, tree trimming, gardening, mulching, landscaping( something every day). If it's been years, I have to agree with Blue, some counseling or psychiatric care may help.

The only other thing I'd recommend is having your friend research sleep paralysis, night terrors, and sleep walking, especially if the demons come when he's trying to sleep.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  8:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ash, you said it's been years; what has your friend been doing to cope? Certainly he's mined YouTube by now. Walking that knife's edge of sanity/insanity, real/unreal, pleasure/pain all this time sounds exhausting. The advice given so far is the way I'd go too. Does your friend have a meditation or yoga practice?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  11:48:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have launched a website based on using AYP to recover from psychedelics and other drugs, and here is my story: http://ayprecovery.org/home/real-st...odys-story/. I also categorically describe how AYP practices relate to specific areas within recovery, thereby creating a comprehensive package for healing and progress.

BlueRaincoat, Lalow33, and Dogboy have given superb advice.

Wishing you and your friend the best.
Go to Top of Page

fusions

Netherlands
18 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  08:58:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The most important thing is to not get lost in thinking, and keeping firm in the stillness of yourself; no confusion exists there.
Go to Top of Page

ash_88

Hungary
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2016 :  03:02:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

I have launched a website based on using AYP to recover from psychedelics and other drugs, and here is my story: http://ayprecovery.org/home/real-st...codys-story/. I also categorically describe how AYP practices relate to specific areas within recovery, thereby creating a comprehensive package for healing and progress.

BlueRaincoat, Lalow33, and Dogboy have given superb advice.

Wishing you and your friend the best.

Thank you so much for the link. It looks really comprehensive :).
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2016 :  12:52:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ash

I'm Hungarian also.

Your friend seems to have a "vata" disturbance. One way to correct or heal it naturally, is to incorporate an anti-vata regime. Your friend can research that if he likes. In Ayurveda, there are three doshas or constitutions: vata, pitta, and kapha. Vata disturbances, if they are not too severe, may be balanced through creative expression: dancing, singing, playing a musical instrument, drawing, painting, writing, pottery making, etc.

Aside from cultivating a creative outlet, he should engage in physically exhausting activity. Physical exertion and exhaustion may force him to relax. Long hot showers or baths may be very beneficial if he likes them. Eating more and more often, consuming heavier or fattening foods may also slow him down, enabling him to relax. Walking barefoot outside in a natural setting may provide immediate relief, and if possible he should engage in it daily. He might try yoga or tai chi. Gardening, growing vegetables or flowers, may be excellent if he has opportunity to do so. Dog walking can help, even if he must borrow the dog

I am vata and have used a diverse array of psychedelics in the past, including psilocybin. Vatas tend to thoroughly dissipate their energy. Psychedelics have the same effect, through overstimulating the nervous system. Regardless of your friend's inherent constitution, he is probably dealing with a vata issue, and must find a way to soothe and heal his nerves.

Herbal remedies are often very gentle and effective. For someone who is experiencing oversensitivity, a gentle approach is preferable. Herbal preparations are usually far more gentle than the majority of prescription drugs, and thus preferable in his situation. Sculcap tea is a very powerful, yet gentle, soporific (promotes sleep). The psilocybin overdose was experienced as a traumatic shock. He will need to develop a healing routine, stick with it, and be patient regarding results. However, walking barefoot (preferably outside) will tend to calm him down almost immediately. I would also recommend acupuncture providing he is amenable to that option. Hope this helps.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

ash_88

Hungary
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2016 :  04:06:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by parvati9

Hi Ash

I'm Hungarian also.

Your friend seems to have a "vata" disturbance. One way to correct or heal it naturally, is to incorporate an anti-vata regime. Your friend can research that if he likes. In Ayurveda, there are three doshas or constitutions: vata, pitta, and kapha. Vata disturbances, if they are not too severe, may be balanced through creative expression: dancing, singing, playing a musical instrument, drawing, painting, writing, pottery making, etc.

Aside from cultivating a creative outlet, he should engage in physically exhausting activity. Physical exertion and exhaustion may force him to relax. Long hot showers or baths may be very beneficial if he likes them. Eating more and more often, consuming heavier or fattening foods may also slow him down, enabling him to relax. Walking barefoot outside in a natural setting may provide immediate relief, and if possible he should engage in it daily. He might try yoga or tai chi. Gardening, growing vegetables or flowers, may be excellent if he has opportunity to do so. Dog walking can help, even if he must borrow the dog

I am vata and have used a diverse array of psychedelics in the past, including psilocybin. Vatas tend to thoroughly dissipate their energy. Psychedelics have the same effect, through overstimulating the nervous system. Regardless of your friend's inherent constitution, he is probably dealing with a vata issue, and must find a way to soothe and heal his nerves.

Herbal remedies are often very gentle and effective. For someone who is experiencing oversensitivity, a gentle approach is preferable. Herbal preparations are usually far more gentle than the majority of prescription drugs, and thus preferable in his situation. Sculcap tea is a very powerful, yet gentle, soporific (promotes sleep). The psilocybin overdose was experienced as a traumatic shock. He will need to develop a healing routine, stick with it, and be patient regarding results. However, walking barefoot (preferably outside) will tend to calm him down almost immediately. I would also recommend acupuncture providing he is amenable to that option. Hope this helps.

love
parvati

Dear parvati,

thank you for your input. I will share this with him. Apparently, Hungarian people are everywhere :)...

All the best.

Edited by - ash_88 on Apr 18 2016 05:01:28 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000