AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 resistance and emotional imbalance
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2015 :  9:55:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
After many years of traveling through various layers of thoughts and beliefs, the last few years have been primarily about energy/ emotion/ feeling and stillness/ emptiness for whatever reason. Just sharing some observations from this angle.

Resistance to the flow of life or anything that arises in your life, leads to emotional/ energy imbalance in my experience, the so called “blockages” that can accumulate over time. Emotions that are resisted, increase in “size” and “volume” in our internal landscape and can lead to a great deal of suffering. As we learn to say "yes" to all that arises, emotional energy flows more freely and our emotional reactions find a balanced expression as there is no resistance to them. There is then conscious choice, as emotion comes and goes, on how we act in the world and we can flow with greater efficency and smoothness with everything. All energy/ emotion, the world, the universe, is simply an arising in stillness/ emptiness.

For every high in duality there is a low, no matter how sweet the nectar of bliss or anything else, a price will be paid eventually. Peace and stillness is the outcome of relinquishing our play with any aspect of duality. When fatigue of various elements of duality arises, or something akin to the sense of something just not being worth it anymore, then true letting go and moving on is near.

A great gift to ourselves is learning to allow all emotions and feelings to come and flow through without opposition.

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2015 :  10:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes!

No states, no experiences compared to saying yes to everything in life. A barrier to the flow happens when we resist to what is..so very true. Such a relief to know you are the cause of your own emotional suffering.

Edited by - sunyata on Oct 18 2015 10:42:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2015 :  5:06:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Anthem, welcome back! You were missed and thanks for this post.

quote:
For every high in duality there is a low, no matter how sweet the nectar of bliss or anything else, a price will be paid eventually. Peace and stillness is the outcome of relinquishing our play with any aspect of duality. When fatigue of various elements of duality arises, or something akin to the sense of something just not being worth it anymore, then true letting go and moving on is near.

A great gift to ourselves is learning to allow all emotions and feelings to come and flow through without opposition.

With the arousal of energetic episodes in and outside of practice, at this stage in my journey, I am ever "checking in" with surrender, inquiring if I am manipulating it in anyway or allowing it "to be" in that particular moment. If I have been sub- or consciously controlling it there is an immediate correction as I open to surrender; the energetic state comes into balance with the underlying inner silence, less frenzy, more depth. It is akin to, say staring at a tree, and experiencing equally the positive and negative spaces before me.

With my ongoing practice, and the witnessing of emotional cues which arise throughout the day, I am better equipt (but far from perfect!) to catch the high and low triggers that used to carry me off center. Just becoming mindful of surrender seems to 'make it so'.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2015 :  03:48:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is the best of worlds, it is the worst of worlds. I do not take credit for it, but neither do I take blame for it.

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000