Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Self heal VS power of healing others
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Krisandru

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  1:40:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

An question popped into my mind while reading the topic “Using powers selfishly” and perhaps some of you have an answer to it.

A lot of people are talking big time about powers, all kind of power psychic abilities (teleportation, bilocation, healing, aura heading, downing, etc. etc.) but I don’t understand how come genuine masters/practitioners that can heal other people, help them purify their channels, etc etc can’t help themselves.

My silly question sounds like this:

If one achieves those powers how come he cannot fix himself, even though in some cases he can fix others?

A few examples of those masters are Osho (he said he inherited diabetes from his ancestors) and according to him, he had achieved almost everything that humans can achieve (pretty much like a God) but he was unable to fix his pancreas/diabetes. Another example was Sri Ramana Maharsi or even Krishnamurti, both had died thru a terminal illness (cancer), or Alan Watts etc etc.

Any answer will be greatly appreciated.

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  3:10:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krisandru,
This is a question I have wondered about for a while since I was involved in Reiki.My thoughts on this are that when you have an illness then your energy circuits don't conduct energy as efficiently so when doing self healing it is not as effective.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Krisandru

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  5:00:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by riptiz

Hi Krisandru,
This is a question I have wondered about for a while since I was involved in Reiki.My thoughts on this are that when you have an illness then your energy circuits don't conduct energy as efficiently so when doing self healing it is not as effective.
L&L
Dave

Thanks Dave for your response.

Judging what you have said, it is really hard for me to accept that Osho was so oceanic when it comes to his knowledge/consciousness .
Thinking rationally about his particular case, he indeed had some wick areas (pancreas and everybody knows that a wick physical organ is a manifestation of a wick astro body - at least in that region) and if he would've access more energy, those wick channels would've been destroyed, before he would've achieved higher states of consciousness.
I far as I know, when a channel bursts, or a chackra is considerable damaged the practitioner cannot go further, otherwise there is a higher possibility/risk of death for him.
Our channel system has the same principle of an electric circuit. If one cranks up the voltage and the wires are thin, most likely they will melt or if one of the bulbs (chakras) is wick, again it can burst and the whole circuit will be compromised.

Does anybody else has any thoughts on this?
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  10:15:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My view is that Yoga over time has lost bits and pieces of the art form and thus we are left with an incomplete practice or sets of practices. History seems to show this, with so many practices being so similar and so spread out. As we can see from AYP where Yogani took the time and effort to make Yoga as a whole more complete by combining as many forms as possible into something that works much better as a whole.

I would say that Osho and many others like him, are unable to heal themselves because the practice is incomplete and that knowledge is possibly lost to us. I asked before if there was a healing mantra or some kind of practice that heals the body. Such as restoring damaged body parts and replacing missing body parts. So far I hit a brick wall with my research on such a topic. Not even legends speak of it.... Unless I have missed them, a possibility. (I am fairly new to yoga from this point of view. I started out with Kung Fu)

Personally hearing things like oh once your broken you can't be fixed, sounds too much like a lame ass excuse. If Prana/Siddhis (or whatever else you want to call it) can give life, it can also heal us. Just my view.

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Sep 28 2015 11:15:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2015 :  12:33:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would say that Osho (and other masters) had absolutely no wish to heal themselves. Whatever for? It's just a body, a suit you are wearing in this space-time reality. It has to decay at one point or another, what does it matter in which form this decay takes place? Death clears the path for life and vice versa.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2015 :  09:28:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I want to know, can they fix themselves? It's one thing if they choose not too, but can they fix themselves?

I would think it be no different then our AYAM mantra. It fixes the mind, why not fix the body while your at it?

If were are going by the AYAP example of the car, personally driving a broken car is not fun. Who would want to travel in an unreliable car, not many! After all you would never reach your destination.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2015 :  09:51:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Fixing the body should be no problem. There have been lots of examples with perfect physical vehicles among the yogic guys that lived more than hundred years. But very often physical damages are used as an excuse to leave the body :P
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2015 :  09:55:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How about the idea of "fixing" it is an obstruction.

Leaving things they way they are and going with what "is" is the truer path.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2015 :  12:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Having driven many vehicles that along the way became broken cars cross country many times, I can reply to the question answering that those were some of the best trips and the only ones that are truly memorable.

If all goes well then ho hum yes drove from the mountains to the sea ho hum yes seem to recall that trip a little.

Here is one vividly remembered.

Drove from the mountains the brakes went out in the mountains thank goodness it was a 5 speed not an automatic transmission nursed the vehicle to the next exchange.

Went to the parts store in the back woods, was informed by the fella stinking of Booze, missing teeth and looked like a bath was a novel idea with a laugh of superior wisdom ya should have bought American, woulda had replacement Brake Cylinders fer ya then.

Wound up buying a pair of mini vice Grips and clamping off the Flex line going to the slave cylinder in the wheel which was leaking brake fluid, leaving me with 3 working brakes after topping of the Master Cylinder.

Drove the vehicle all the way to the destination where roughly 250 miles out it slowly overheated.

Took the cooling fans whose temperature sensor failed to operate leading to the over heat condition and wired them directly to power and ground to remain always on nursed the car home with a slightly blown head gasket.

The car did not start off being broken but happened along the way.

So did life.

Some may read this and think it is the journey not the destination that is important.

I say it was both, the destination had to be important enough to be a destination in the first place for the journey to take place, what happens between birth and death is a little thing we like to call life.

Could have easily taken the title of the vehicle junked it or traded it for a ride to an alternate form of transport and rented a car or taken a plane.

I chose instead to use my skills and bring the vehicle in, instead and in the cases where it is possible for those capable to do the same would imagine the reasons are not much different, when I meet someone who can heal themselves in a supra normal way will be certain to let everyone know, until then..... well who cares anyway?

Edited by - So-Hi on Sep 29 2015 12:34:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2015 :  7:03:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Personally I would rather not drive a broken car if it can be fixed. Without a properly functioning car to get you to your destination, it can be dangerous to drive or you might not even be able to travel in the first place. Thus the end of your journey before it even really starts. Which would be really horrible.

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Sep 29 2015 7:12:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

mantishugo

India
1 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2015 :  04:07:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think these powers when intended to be used in a way which is not supposed to be used then they vanish right away.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2015 :  07:58:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A clarification in the former reply I wrote who cares. The meaning was as in who is it that cares?

Hi LBK I agree everyone prefers a vehicle in perfect working order, myself included. The road is not without danger however and in any case it is entirely impossible to completely insulate oneself from the hazards.

A brand new vehicle is not always possible and even then they do break down, some people even run them out of gas.

One more thing about getting to the destination, there is “THE DESTINATION” and then there are the places you arrive on your way to the destination and these can often be even more important and lead to new destinations friends and family, at the very least a lesson well learned pay attention to the odometer and the gas gauge.

So LBK read your theory about how the knowledge is incomplete spread out and or lost.

To this I would add there are other possible reasons.

The Abilities do not exist, never have and are the stuff of either misinterpretation or superstition.

The Abilities do exist and the ways and means are hidden in plain view and by practicing any of the numerous sadhana paths one eventually arrives at these abilities despite all of their best efforts.

The ones that are on the world stage not only do not possess the abilities or the knowledge but are doing there Karmic duty by introducing others and helping yet others remember their own sadhana with the things they bring to the world no matter what role they are playing as loving Guru or spiritual scoundrel.

It is also entirely possible those on the world stage may be liberated and have returned as an Avatar in duality taking up the Karma of others yet have no knowledge of their own position because for them all is one as Unity is the end game of liberation and to reincarnate they themselves become workshops of Karma for others as they have long since exhausted there own.

Think of it rather as a state of a difference that makes no difference therefore their own position or knowledge of it thereof is a moot point and their normal is normal for them whilst others may decry their ignorance.

Unity is the state of liberation which is the point of Yoga. Once this happen the Jiva is no longer Jiva. The apparent separate being is no longer separate.

I think along the way the dazzling charms of powers the allure of control which come from the ability to exert greater influence over ones environment is just fear, it s helpful but if people really research and go into what yoga is really for it will loose some of it’s luster for many because it ultimately leads to Liberation which is the undoing of all temporal concerns, including influencing anything by any means.

In my opinion while part of this world it is better to arrive at a place of stillness in action where the need to exert ones will upon the environment is diminished to the point where one simply works within the framework of whatever situation one finds themselves in fully aware of the multiple parallel possibilities within the given moment in a linear continuity.

Intuitively pick a path that is for you to play your role in and go with the flow acting where necessary and observing always as a natural unforced state.

This is Stillness in action. If there be siddhis here they be found.

AYP practiced daily will undoubtedly lead to stillness in action.

In the end whom is it that cares?

Edited by - So-Hi on Sep 30 2015 08:19:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2015 :  12:33:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds good So-Hi. I just like a good functioning car that I can alter at will for my needs or wants.

Power has always been my goal, everything else is secondary. I remember when I had moments of clarity arise from stillness, it was Amazing. So much insight and knowledge gained I loved it.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2015 :  4:31:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You might want to look into something other than Yoga then.

Not sure what that might be.

quote:
Originally posted by LordBuzzKill

Sounds good So-Hi. I just like a good functioning car that I can alter at will for my needs or wants.

Power has always been my goal, everything else is secondary. I remember when I had moments of clarity arise from stillness, it was Amazing. So much insight and knowledge gained I loved it.

Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2015 :  7:25:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I go where ever the path leads. So far that's AYP and The Tibetan Yogas of dream and sleep. From which I had another vision. So far all the visions I had came true. It's really cool having visions of the future. I really enjoy them.

I find it funny how people get mad when someone tells them a spoiler about a movie or a book. I personally enjoy spoilers especially in real life. Then I know whats coming.

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Sep 30 2015 7:30:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

alexglobal

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2015 :  10:49:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Quote 'leads to Liberation which is the undoing of all temporal concerns, including influencing anything by any means.'

:)

Well imo to change something in 3d one have to be able to operate fully in 4d and to change something in 4d one have to be able to operate fully in 5d and so on.

However when one 'expands' aka become aware of and one with such dimensions many desires are likely to change so as the ideas how to manifest once that still considered valid as result of expansion.

For example some small boy joining martial art club to beat some bully he encounter in the school. Later he feels to at ease, peace and dwelling in power he feels love towards 'bully' the bully now is a 'reflection' of divine :)

Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2015 :  1:40:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting points alexglobal!...and welcome to the forum.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000