Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Im new to yoga and AYP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

a80b

India
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2015 :  10:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

Im a 35 year old male from Kolkata, India. Im currently working out of Bangalore. Im interested in taking up a practise to give my spiritual life a direction. However, theres a lot of pros and cons about every institute/organisations and so much spiritual lore on the internet that sometimes its difficult to separate facts from fiction.

Can you give me some pointers ? I have read about Shibendu Lahiri, Ashoke Chatterjee, Shailendra Sharma, SRF/YSS, Siddhanath, Sadguru, Sri Sri etc. I recently bought the Spinal Breathing Pranayama book from AYP.

Can anyone give me some personal experience with the above people/orgs ? Do their practices work ? How long it takes etc.

On a separate note, Have any of you heard of sivayoga.com ? Their lineage shows Thirumular as the guru of Babaji, and comes down to Sivakami Om Anandi to PSivapremanandaji.

Im looking for is a place to start my practices. Please help.

Thanks!

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2015 :  12:09:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear a80b,

Welcome to the forums. This forum is a source of support to AYP practitioners so I would say start here:
http://www.aypsite.org/10.html
a very good place to start..

The lineages you have mentioned above are mainly Kriya Yoga and if you feel drawn to those - visit Other Systems and Alternate Approaches Forum further down the page. There is plenty of information there on Kriya.

Good luck on your path

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Dennis

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2015 :  02:03:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear a80b,

From what I've read here from others involved with many different disciplines and approaches, AYP may just be the fastest, safest, most effective way to achieve "enlightenment".

The course is brilliantly simple, yet extremely powerful. The creator, Yogani, is available for questions and is active in the forums. In addition, you have support from the many people involved with AYP and can learn from their personal experiences.

You can learn at your own pace, much of it is free, the rest is ridiculously inexpensive, and with the open source approach, you don't have to wait years for the "master" to bestow secrets upon you.

By the way, do not do the Spinal Breathing without doing the Deep Meditation for a while first. the two are meant to go together.

Good luck with your search.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2015 :  12:56:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum. Totally endorse what others have said.

All rivers ultimately empty into the sea. Likewise, all our journeys as humans is aimed at being at one with God. Choose wisely, and enjoy the journey.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000