Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Cruel world, actual situation and Karma
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brauniver

Switzerland
42 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2015 :  04:55:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit brauniver's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am interested in your point of view about what is going on in this world.

I am having a very good life, nothing I could complain about. But I see what is going on right now. It is and always was a cruel world.

Till now I had this maybe naive and simple idea, that life is perfect. Nothing is wrong in this world... in fact war and pain is part of this "perfect world" and even worse... makes it "perfect". Life is fair and equitable. "Karma" is taking care of everything and everybody.

Am I crazy saying things like that? Didnt I maybe understand life and concepts like Karma? Is there maybe something "wrong" with this world?

What do think about what is going on at the moment?

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2015 :  08:26:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Having lived through extreme purposely inflicted physical punishment, mental punishment, emotional punishment and abuse, natural disasters, illness etc... lack of food and shelter as well as the opposite of all these. Dying then coming back to life, I can honestly say that within the ever present moment it makes no difference whatsoever at all.

That is if one develops deep abiding stillness and silence.

One is still preferable to the other but harsh conditions tend to make one more aware of this.

What is going on at the moment is no different than it has ever been, the difference is in our ability to communicate across the globe in an instant and be aware of what others are experiencing in their outer world.

It is good to be thankful for not being included in what appears to be the extreme madness that is going on all the time and always has been.

It is better when one finds oneself in deplorable outward circumstances and on their death bed to have cultivated stillness in action then one is at peace with the outer world no matter how it may manifest at that moment and can of course see clearly enough to take whatever action is necessary to adjust ones position to a less unfavorable experience of life.

You do not even need to develop it perfectly just a little bit will do.

There is nothing wrong with this world at all, even the ones who come here to develop, this world is suitable stage for that express purpose.

I think of this world as a place where all manner of animals and human beings incarnate from the most primitive savage excuse for a human to the most refined.

So this world is pretty amazing to host all of these souls in so many different degrees of spiritual evolution from a Rock to a Mahatma.

There is quite a large selection of spiritual evolution all here at the same time.

The world is not cruel, it just is, the people are not cruel they just are.Each is on their way to more understanding and with this a different way of experiencing life, Karma is unfathomable, nothing more need be said of it than this.

To a lion eating another living creature is just having a meal it all depends greatly on ones point of view. In the end all points of view are valid so it is well to learn to be stillness in action, play ones part and be at peace with the world realizing all is unfolding just the way it should for each and every one of us and that is amazing.

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2015 :  08:44:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is all happening, it is not wrong, not right, it just is how it is.The feelings we have by living this life in this world are sometimes not easy to handle.
Karma is not easy to talk about, the more we know about karma and for instance chakra's the more we know that it is what it is, we have to deal with it, whether we like it or not.

Yoga/meditation can give us a broader perspective. Which will not say that it will be easy to see, suffering, cruelty and violence....
As I see it at this moment, there is one thing we can do, bring more consciousness into the world. Light and compassion.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2015 :  09:39:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's all evolution. Starting from scratch and baking the cake until it becomes harmoniously delicious. From chaos, arises order. From violence, comes peace. From suffering, liberation. And stillness is the common denominator.

What is perfect is the play of cause and effect, and upon that dynamic we can rely.
Go to Top of Page

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2015 :  5:38:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by So-Hi

Having lived through extreme purposely inflicted physical punishment, mental punishment, emotional punishment and abuse, natural disasters, illness etc... lack of food and shelter as well as the opposite of all these. Dying then coming back to life, I can honestly say that within the ever present moment it makes no difference whatsoever at all.

That is if one develops deep abiding stillness and silence.

One is still preferable to the other but harsh conditions tend to make one more aware of this.

What is going on at the moment is no different than it has ever been, the difference is in our ability to communicate across the globe in an instant and be aware of what others are experiencing in their outer world.

It is good to be thankful for not being included in what appears to be the extreme madness that is going on all the time and always has been.

It is better when one finds oneself in deplorable outward circumstances and on their death bed to have cultivated stillness in action then one is at peace with the outer world no matter how it may manifest at that moment and can of course see clearly enough to take whatever action is necessary to adjust ones position to a less unfavorable experience of life.

You do not even need to develop it perfectly just a little bit will do.

There is nothing wrong with this world at all, even the ones who come here to develop, this world is suitable stage for that express purpose.

I think of this world as a place where all manner of animals and human beings incarnate from the most primitive savage excuse for a human to the most refined.

So this world is pretty amazing to host all of these souls in so many different degrees of spiritual evolution from a Rock to a Mahatma.

There is quite a large selection of spiritual evolution all here at the same time.

The world is not cruel, it just is, the people are not cruel they just are.Each is on their way to more understanding and with this a different way of experiencing life, Karma is unfathomable, nothing more need be said of it than this.

To a lion eating another living creature is just having a meal it all depends greatly on ones point of view. In the end all points of view are valid so it is well to learn to be stillness in action, play ones part and be at peace with the world realizing all is unfolding just the way it should for each and every one of us and that is amazing.

Excellent wording So-Hi. So much on the mark.
Go to Top of Page

brauniver

Switzerland
42 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  03:23:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit brauniver's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
“What is going on at the moment is no different than it has ever been, the difference is in our ability to communicate across the globe in an instant and be aware of what others are experiencing in their outer world.”

Maybe or not. To me it seems right now as if the situation is sharpening. Maybe a shift of global energy is causing more chaos. As if you practiced too much pranayama… then things come up.

quote:

Like this description! But due to globalization and connectedness primitive savages and refined human mix up. And that seems to be a challenge and a lesson for everybody. Some get lifted others are drawn down. And you really get close to the pain of others.

quote:
Karma is unfathomable, nothing more need be said of it than this.

If somebody knows a good book which at least tries to explain karma in the various angles of view and from the different spiritual traditions I would be happy to know it.

quote:
As I see it at this moment, there is one thing we can do, bring more consciousness into the world.

Yes we are doing that or it is happening anyway all the time.

quote:
What is perfect is the play of cause and effect, and upon that dynamic we can rely.

Yes. But too difficult to understand… :-(
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  04:57:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sometimes the trying to understand with the mind is the hindrance.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  09:18:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:I think of this world as a place where all manner of animals and human beings incarnate from the most primitive savage excuse for a human to the most refined.

quote:
Like this description! But due to globalization and connectedness primitive savages and refined human mix up. And that seems to be a challenge and a lesson for everybody. Some get lifted others are drawn down. And you really get close to the pain of others.

Exactly and this is a part of the growth process. Some get lifted up by the fellowship of others who while no better or worse than they have arrived at a sustainable level of being that is more desirable. To this I say it is temporary but when they get drawn up they become aware of another way even a glimpse of the sunlight is enough to make one strive for the surface when underground for a while.

Some get drawn down to this I say it is only temporary also but part of growing. Often when we reach new heights it is not sustainable so we appear to be drawn down but when you get drawn down after grabbing a piece of Heaven you wind up dragging a piece of Heaven with you and that piece makes all the difference as you will never go as low as you were before you reached this height.

Think of it like this climbing up a ladder you make it to the top. You slip and fall 3/4 of the way back down. Your new starting point is now 1/4 of the way up the ladder. At the start you might have been coming up out of a manhole grabbing the bottom first rung of the ladder positioned over the hole.

We are all here for our mutual benefit if you can take this inside and really feel it that is the trick, if there is one.

quote:
Maybe or not. To me it seems right now as if the situation is sharpening. Maybe a shift of global energy is causing more chaos. As if you practiced too much pranayama… then things come up.

The more players you put on the field the more variables in the game. Hmm lets see current level of technology plus what is it now close to 8 Billion human beings grab large spoon stir.

Chaos does not really exist you know. Chaos is apparent and a perception which is due to a lack of clarity of perception or missing information.

Here is a test take out a pieces of paper then take a pen or pencil and start making dots on the paper with the express intent to be chaotic and not to impose order. You will find despite your best effort or none effort that it is impossible. There will be an order believe it or not.

You are quite correct though the frequency of humanity is changing to a higher level have felt this in my life time and when I meet younger people I am often very happy for them in that they are not burdened by the societal pressures and constraints of the generations before mine, true they have their issues but by and large as mostly stillness in action during this life it has been my observation that people have improved quite a bit in the last 50 years and it is so nice to see clean souled, innocent loving people who at one time would have been afraid of different races.

When I see a young girl of a different race one that was mistreated in the past by the race this body has received its form from, smile and talk to me with an open soul free of conditioning of fear and expectation this is a beautiful experience. In this person I see hope for the future.

It is my observation that humanity is now more than ever before receiving an influx of souls taking up life in this world that are of a bit higher frequency than what has been in the observable past.

Right now what I see in the United States is change and the way it coming about is a bit ugly.

There are 3 large groups / races and all 3 of these races rabble rousers are Supremacist in their behavior in other words each one wants the deck loaded in their favor.

We have the Hispanic & Indios people whose ancestors actually were here before the rest.

We have the White people whose ancestors originally came from Europe.

We have the Black people whose ancestors originally came from Africa.

All of these races are mixing now and we are becoming more of one people but the change is long and slow.

Each group carries with them a heritage they are stubbornly trying to hold onto “they want there way” to be “the way”

This by the way is natural.

Wicked people have a way of crawling out of the wood work to take advantage of this.

There are very few individual people I have met that are pushing for being more equal than others in any of the races. I live in a neighborhood that all the races broadly listed above inhabit and those not listed do as well.

We are all people and the ones closest to each other by proximity have become friends if one is doing some work the other will come out and help.

My wife says that there is something wrong with us jokingly. If I cut the grass before long my friend across the street cuts his, If I am doing work on the house the guys here it and come out of there house either with tools or just to talk and lend a hand.

If we are crazy then I pray the whole world gets like us.

we laugh at our differences and love with our hearts because we know that we are all God’s children and in this we are all the same and very silly sometimes.

There are more individual people I have met that are happy just trying to live a nice life and are really more loving than not until one of the celebrity rhetoric pushers inflame them along racial lines.

What we have going on in the U.S. are very wicked people who are benefited by inflaming groups of people by creating diversity in the name of equality.

There version of equality is to be more equal than everyone who is not like the group they represent.

One of the ways they do it is by getting people to be overly sensitive and poised to take offense at every little thing. upsetting and influencing people into becoming like Cobras ready to lash out and strike at the slightest perceived offense is not right.

It would be better if they would instead lobby for Tolerance, Patience and Compassion.

This is peoples natural state so it is hard to stir up trouble and profit from that.

When I look at it from a distance It can be seen that while it is not their intention to be anything other than self serving they are in fact agents of order and the ugliness they spread today is in fact helping the individual to see through the nonsense because it is so blatant and see that the differences are only apparent.

When we let go of that which we consider out heritage our way of being, our culture that which we believe defines who we are, we do not in fact become nothing.

What we become is a real person. A real person has to define who they are not just be lazy and borrow it from being born into a certain body that derives from a certain region on the earth.

If we embrace Tolerance, Compassion & Love learn to see the humor in our apparent differences and laugh at ourselves more criticize others less that is when we will become one people.

It is all so easy to see but how do you ever get this across?

The answer is you don’t it has to come to each and every individual in their own time and although a bit chaotic in appearance the whole motion is very large and slow moving but there is an order to it.

Through daily Advanced Yoga Practices our awareness can take a quantum leap beyond reason and arrive at inner Stillness in Action and Unity.

Advanced Yoga Practices are really needed for this because they accelerate Human Spiritual Evolution and the time we have on this earth is so very, very short that anything that can help us develop swiftly in this time we have is very important.

The United States is still very young and I see a future where once the generations of people so dependent on where they came from as a basis for there core belief of who they are has finally been released over time from no longer being in that culture and stops trying to impose it here then we will all develop an American Culture.

The American Culture has yet to be defined it will not be in my lifetime either, no I have been blessed to be alive in a time that has seen the release of culture and intolerance more and more it still has a way to go.

It will likely take another 200 to 300 years in the United States, perhaps 500 years world wide. Mostly because we are a nation of the world everyone is here.

I used the United States as an analogy because it is representative of everything that is going on in the world today and for better or worse has its nose in everyone elses business across the globe.

There is allot going on in the world but our first duty is to work on ourselves each and everyone of us and when we do the world has no choice but to change as it is we humans that are making up this world, bad leaders and tirants can not lead those who simply say no we will not go along with this. Mahatma Gandhi proved this.

The more permenant soultion will take longer. Everyone works on being a person first and identification with a labelled or cultural identity less.

So it begins and ends with the individual each in our own time.
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  10:09:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Endeavoring to remain present in the moment will help immensely. Presence will sort the essential from the nonessential. Imo much of the suffering we humans experience is unnecessary. How can we tell the difference between necessary and unnecessary suffering? Through endeavoring to remain present. The more we are present, the more we will know the difference.

It's all about freewill and how we utilize energy. Especially our own personal energy. It may be seen that a great many people do not particularly desire to understand the nature of their bondage. Nor do they seem to want to help themselves be free. Remaining present in the moment is freedom. Nothing else will suffice. We have the responsibility to play the cards we have been dealt to the best of our ability. Some honor this responsibility and some trash it.

I believe the majority of people are respectful of others. Meaning most of us will respect the freewill of our fellow men and women. The problem is that the very few who rule over others are creating conditions of unnecessary suffering. And, through a misuse of freewill, people are failing to see through the nature of their bondage. So, unintentionally, we may be reinforcing the very conditions we despise.

There is no division between an individual and the rest of the universe. Such boundaries are illusory. If one human, one animal, even one plant is suffering - we all suffer. The bodhisattva understands that he or she will not be free until we are all free. To experience the suffering of others as one's own suffering is the mark of an enlightened being. Nevertheless, enlightened beings do not wallow in their own suffering nor that of others. Rather they abstain from judgment and do whatever is in their power to be helpful when the opportunity arises. Utilizing the concept of karma to justify suffering is generally unhelpful. Yes, we tend to reap what we sow ... but imo the law of love (metta) always trumps karma.

When we see how people are perpetuating their suffering through a lack of clarity, we may gently offer our insights into their condition. However it is best to do so through detachment. In other words, becoming unattached to the fruits of our labor. People develop behavior patterns that resist change. Encouraging the habit of remaining present... will develop the spiritual muscle and courage to change those patterns which reinforce suffering - that of ourselves and that of others. This is, of course, only my opinion.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  10:49:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is a good opinion and agreed with Paravati9. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  11:22:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
and to you both
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  12:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  4:35:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful by So Hi and Parvati.
So much love in writing
PKJ
Go to Top of Page

brauniver

Switzerland
42 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2015 :  10:08:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit brauniver's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
We are all here for our mutual benefit if you can take this inside and really feel it that is the trick, if there is one.

quote:
Yes, we tend to reap what we sow ... but imo the law of love (metta) always trumps karma.

Thanks So-Hi and Parvati for your inspiration and sharing your wisdom. Hope we all learn to live with more and more metta.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2015 :  2:03:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you brauniver did not now the term metta until you used it. After looking it up http://www.wildmind.org/metta/intro...hat-is-metta it is a very good way to live.

Dogby & Pkg thank you for the kind words , Charliedog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000