Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Are past life visions a plausible thing?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

psysaucer

India
44 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2015 :  12:03:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have always had this image of a woman in a blue dress standing with her back against a yellow wall with a wooden dining table right in front of her as she's staring with an utterly horrific expression on her face at a balcony door a few feet away from the table.

I rack my brain about this, and this seems to be the first memory I ever had. Although I dont remember having ever seen the woman or the place where she's at. But there's also an unshakable feeling that the woman is me(I am a guy btw).

Could this have been my past life? Hell if I know.

I have deliberately tried while meditating to somehow find a way to "see" my past life. I've also tried some of those past life regression videos on youtube. None of them worked. But in all the 23 years I've lived in this world no memory has been as consistently vivid as this.

Has anyone here had successful past life visions through some deliberate means? And would I be right in assuming that this was a memory from my past life?

Edited by - psysaucer on Aug 06 2015 12:10:51 PM

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2015 :  12:31:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a moment recently where I experienced life through my mother's consciousness for 2 seconds during DM including her thoughts and emotions as she was talking to me, but from her perspective not mine, similar to what you go through during the life-review after returning to the energetic at the end of an incarnation.

Another time, after doing AYP and going to sleep right away (bad idea!) I watched as another of my simultaneous incarnations was being killed in the fighting in Ukraine (getting his throat slit while being drunk in a fox-hole). The following day, I felt a deep, deep sadness like I lost a relative.

Another time, I was doing a visualization meditation involving putting myself into a deep hypnosis and I experienced a past life where I was a learned farmer living in the country and I had a library room full of books and I liked to sit in a leather chair for hours just reading. I even know how the house looks like.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2015 :  12:41:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it is very possible.

One can reach the point of being able to do so themselves or they can have an advance person help them out.

It is real and possible.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2015 :  1:11:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi psysaucer,

Yes, past life visions are a "real" thing in my experience.

I went through an opening several years ago which I referred to as "falling into the great unknowing" (I wrote about it at least briefly here at AYP I believe)... in this opening I had a moment in which I saw my past lives/karmic connections and how some of my blockages at the time were related to past life incidents.

For example, for most of my life I have had a sensitivity issue with my sternum. I've never allowed girlfriends to touch it, when it does accidentally get touched I instinctually react with violence etc etc. During this vision I saw a past life in which I was an oriental warrior who committed suicide by putting the tip of my sword under the sternum and then laying on it. After seeing this vision I was able (by utilizing several modalities) to address and unwind this blockage to the point where anyone can touch my sternum with no reaction on my part at all. Without that vision I probably would still be dealing with the blockage (it was very "stuck").

Not sure if this is helpful for you as anyone can say anything, and often personal experience is required for stuff like this, but I hope it does regardless.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Aug 06 2015 1:27:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2015 :  12:02:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The process is called past life regression. Psychologists can help with that. Brian Wise has written many books on that subject.
Go to Top of Page

uniath

Finland
30 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2015 :  10:28:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi psysaucer,

I’ve also had two past life remembrances, one in which I died by my own hand and was killed violently in the other. Although in a dream state, these experiences felt real and were different from the normal dream consciousness, as after dying consciousness stayed in spirit for some time.

For me, remembering past lives helps to understand why there’s been, and still is, a lot of ‘unexplainable’ fear. I.e. fear of water and reluctance to share my personal life with anyone close to me, or even a psychologist.

If you are doing AYP samyama and are stable in your routine, there’s a sutra called ‘Latent Impressions’(knowledge of previous births). This is mentioned in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and at the end of AYP samyama book. Perhaps that could bring forth memories of those past lives that are somehow relevant for this current incarnation? And help in the process of letting go.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2015 :  1:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm coming to believe we don't have full past lives, that these visions are a part of our collective un(sub)conscious, possibly shared by others. They are echos from the past, felt by those sensitive, or ripe, enough. Just a theory
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2015 :  04:41:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i rode on the first atom that created our sun
i was water that sri krishna sipped as he spoke to arjuna
my eye beholds the same moon as the first druid
in all forms i have been and in all forms i will be
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000