Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Zen Hara, Qigung Dantien, Sufi Kath....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nirguna

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2015 :  01:12:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Many esoteric traditions see center of the body (zen hara,qigong dantien,sufi kath etc.)
as very important in spiritual development. Why AYP excludes this important point in its practices???

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2015 :  9:46:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is Hara the same as the yogic Solar Center? Have you read about the solar centering techniques? What do you think about this compared with the center of the body in other traditions?
Go to Top of Page

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2015 :  11:30:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Blanche,
I remember that the Hara chakra is located right below the Sacral chakra, while solar centering focuses on the Solar Plexus chakra.

Nirguna,
Just looking at "Essential Psychic Healing" by Diane Stein where she shows a wonderful diagram of the Hara line, I can see the Diaphragm chakra located between the solar plexus and heart chakra which is a cleansing center for the entire Hara line, usually incorporated in energetic detox techniques used by healers, so maybe it has something to do with the solar centering technique.

Diane's excerpt from her book:
"The diaphragm chakra is located between the thymus and the Hara chakra, at the level of the physical diaphragm muscle, approximately just above the solar plexus. Its color is lime green. It is also the Triple Warmer (T-11) acupuncture point, the adrenal gland center. Duane Packer and Sanaya Roman in their Awakening Your Light Body tape series show a membrane dome of energy at this location, which they name by the seed sound of mumin (moo-min). The dome is a filter, separating spiritual from material energies and allowing only what is finer-tuned to pass through. I perceive the activation of this center as causing or providing a clearing and detoxification of any obstructions to the fulfillment of one's life purpose. This is a cleansing of the entire Hara Line....

...I have spoken with others who have gone through this activation; they have variously named the center the "garbage chakra" or "vomit chakra."

To me, this fits in perfectly with what we are trying to do here in AYP; purify the entire body at the physical and energetic levels.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge on energetic healing can shed some more light.

Edited by - alecpeace on Aug 02 2015 12:19:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2015 :  07:42:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Alecpeace!
Thanks for the explanations. If Hara is situated right below the Sacral chakra, could this be what in yoga it is called Kula Kunda, the place where the Kundalini sleeps?
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2015 :  09:47:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Blanche

HI Alecpeace!
Thanks for the explanations. If Hara is situated right below the Sacral chakra, could this be what in yoga it is called Kula Kunda, the place where the Kundalini sleeps?

Hi Blanche pretty sure this is not where the Kundalini is proposed to be coiled and sleep, lots of different theories but what really matters is knowing by her showing you.

When doing certain practices that have come to me over the years it is known she resides in the perineum area and coccyx there is a subtle unity with these two areas. If you can feel the energy present there as a unified whole by your feeling nature you will know what is being shared.

To get her really moving often requires working from the crown. when she feels the crown activated and opening in stillness she rouses herself and very unmistakably in many ways including bodily reactions to her moving from her place of rest upwards. Then her place of rest is known without doubt.

Yogani has wisely advised working between Root and Brow this and the AYAM of Deep meditation will prepare the way and in time one will certainly get a fine feel for the controls. Kundalini will move from this as well but when the crown comes into play be careful she will get very hungry to join in silence in stillness and you have to be prepared.

It takes a long time to learn how to be careful when she is aroused to move upwards, it is kind of like trying to teach someone to ride a bike, a motorcycle or drive a car they always want to over do it with the steering and brakes it takes a while to get a finer feel for the controls.

She is a wonderful powerful primal force the essence of all femininity and to say she is the essence of female smoldering sexual desire is an understatement she is a wonderful lover but can incinerate with her burning smoldering heat. She likes her coals to be stoked most of all and reaching ever higher states of energetic ecstatic expression.

Release really is not her game.

So when she is aroused and in motion the stillness of Shiva is the only thing that will satisfy her.

You have to bring her into the stillness so she is happy and satisfied then she will happily merge with her lover, but one must work with her from the stillness least she build to unbelievable states of heat and electrical power frustrated and unsatisfied, this is not a nice thing to do to her and this is how those not yet with sufficient stillness find themselves in difficulty with an unhappy kundalini.

it is all about love and stillness.You also need to know when to stop the technique which can be like gently and slowly closing the valve on the crown and shift purely into stillness with love and appreciation for her and embrace her there then she will hold you lovingly.

Sorry this went way off track but she demands expression.

In ZAZEN the hara is used because it is an easy place to work from and far more stable than the third eye for the mind to achieve stillness as a point within , (the mind is not just fixed in the head)in there techniqe-less technique. This area in the body is reported to be heavily populated by white matter the same as in the brain, as second brain of sorts.

Learned of this in Aikido back in the 1980's here is a nice write up on it.

Enjoy

http://blog.aikidojournal.com/2012/...econd-brain/

A word of Caution Zazen does not prepare one for the release of Kundalini and does not prepare the neurobiology the way AYP does, there are many stories of Zazen and people acting mad and having devastating Kensho moments that incapacitate them for prolonged periods of time.

Stick with AYP.

It was by this Zazen I personally and rapidly achieved the still point Kundalini erupted and sought the stillness, the stillness was like a beaconing call to Kundalini she can not resist it.

Unfortunately I only roughly realized and guessed at what might be going on but due to so much poorly published information was hesitant to believe this was Kundalini, instead I was far more comfortable with the idea of Prana or just plain energy.

You know clean, analytical divorced from any feeling, little did I know that this lack of acceptance of her was only making matters worse.

Kundalini is more than just energy there is intelligence and awareness and femaleness, there is persona, this is not just dead electrons moving as they are vibrated out of orbit.

The truth of the matter was I was scared, and there was no one who could possibly understand, I did not want this terrifying thing I had read about to be true.

I was also ignorant that this force was anything other than a force to even consider it as a she was more terrifying becasue that meant having to accept her as the soul mate which is what Kundalini is for each of us there is no soulmate outside of ourselves it is all complete right here right now.

This caused harm to this body as she sought her love it took years to heal. In many ways when she released she also dislodged many karma’s from many past lives and those weed seeds sprouted and I AM is still uprooting the weeds.

AYP Deep Meditation is the best tool for pulling weeds. AYP Samyama is the best tool for releasing them into stillness.

Edited by - So-Hi on Aug 02 2015 10:00:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2015 :  10:00:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haven't heard about the Kula Kunda before, did a google search and it came up with no tangible info. I'm pretty sure the kundalini energy is stored at the base of the spinal column below the tailbone.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2015 :  10:28:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hara is the absolute middlepoint of human being, bring your awareness in Hara, just below the navel in the middle of your body and you are out of your mind and into the HereNow.
Hara is your powercentre.
My two cents.

Edit: you can try it yourself, when walking or biking in nature, feel a bit tired bring your awareness in Hara, keep it there and feel the difference. Instant Power!

Edited by - Charliedog on Aug 02 2015 10:45:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

orangesky

Germany
39 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2015 :  1:45:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
when walking or biking in nature, feel a bit tired bring your awareness in Hara, keep it there and feel the difference. Instant Power!

Hey Charliedog, that sounds great! I´ve never heard of that before. I´m going to give it a try tomorrow morning during my forest run.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2015 :  4:40:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nirguna

My knowledge of this matches what Charliedog has said. The yogic equivalent of this centre is Manipura Chakra.

quote:
Originally posted by Nirguna
Why AYP excludes this important point in its practices???.
AYP does not exclude it, the practices very much work on the belly chakras, as they work on all the other energy centres and channels. It's just that we don't theorise chakras very much. Yogani treats then as being "under the hood". Have a look at Lesson 47: http://www.aypsite.org/47.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000