AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Tense eye muscles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

microcosm

102 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  1:42:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My eye muscles, those near the nose, going inside skull are tense all the time.

Are there any exercises to relax them? Tension is unpleasant and makes my meditation harder.

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  2:36:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Microcosm
What are your practices at the moment? Is Sambhavi Mudra one of them?

Go to Top of Page

microcosm

102 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  2:55:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do only these: asanas, pranayama and meditation.

I started spinal breathing just recently and today I noticed increased visions during meditation. One of them was a spinning disk with an eye in the center. This pushed me towards researching the third eye chakra. Should I try to open it?

Edited by - microcosm on Jul 28 2015 2:59:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  3:07:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Microcosm,

Welcome to the forums. In Deep Meditation, are your focusing on the spot between the eyebrows? Sometimes, this causes the tense sensation.

quote:
I noticed increased visions during meditation. One of them was a spinning disk with an eye in the center. This pushed me towards researching the third eye chakra. Should I try to open it?

In AYP, we regard this as scenery.Simply favor the practice. Please do not try to forcefully open any chakra. It happens on it's own when the time is ready with the practices you are doing . Hope this helps.

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

microcosm

102 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  3:54:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, I don't focus on the spot between my eyebrows. I feel this tension is related to seeing objects near and far away and my muscles are somehow locked into 'near mode'. I'll try to learn how to switch between far/near modes. Maybe that's the answer.

To be clear, how do I know which practice is safe for me to perform? At this moment is it safe for me to do Sambhavi Mudra? It does help with opening the third eye. How is it different from "forcefuly" opening it?

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  3:55:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Could be in indication of automatic sambhavi mudra, and may be temporary. If it becomes too unpleasant, pause your meditation and be with the sensation (lovingly) and see if it eases.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2015 :  09:57:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's possible you may be grasping too hard at the mantra. Picking up the mantra should be an easy process, with no tension and no straining.

quote:
Originally posted by microcosm
To be clear, how do I know which practice is safe for me to perform?
Practices should be added one by one, with months between additions. You need to feel stable with the set of practices you are doing before adding a new one. Also keep in mind there is a delayed effect from practices, so a conservative approach to adding new ones is the safe way to go.
If you are new to yoga, bide your time till you establish how sensitive you are to practices (we are all different in our sensitivity levels). Personally I think new practitioners should stick to meditation for at least one year before taking on more techniques.

I don't think adding Sambhavi (or any other new practice for that matter) is a good idea, not before you iron out this eye muscle tension.

Practice safely and enjoy!

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Jul 29 2015 09:58:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

microcosm

102 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2015 :  11:35:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000