New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  12:48:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=10907

This is what I got:
Hinduism 100%
Buddhism 83%
Islam 67%
Judaism 50%
Christianity 50%
Paganism 33%
atheism 0%
Satanism 0%
agnosticism 0%

I've posted this quiz in a few other forums. In a Christian forum most replies were Christian, in a Muslim forum most replies were Muslim, in an atheist forum most replies were satanist/atheist/agnostic (they hated it, hehe). I'm very curious what the replies here would be. Its quite an accurate quiz from what I gather so far. I'm not a Hindu, because all religions are my religion.. but my personal religious views are closest to Hinduism and Buddhism..

Edited by - Chiron on Sep 26 2006 5:55:36 PM

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  06:50:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are mine he he

Paganism 100%
Buddhism 100%
Hinduism 92%
Satanism 67%
Islam 58%
Atheism 50%
Agnosticism 42%
Christianity 33%
Judaism 33%

I tried to answer it as honestly as I could and this is what i got

67% for Satanism eh

Richard

Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  08:58:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Satanism 88%
agnosticism 75%
Islam 71%
atheism 54%
Buddhism 42%
Judaism 42%
Paganism 33%
Christianity 33%
Hinduism 13%

I beat you Richard!

Edited by - Scott on Sep 26 2006 09:04:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  09:05:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
He He He
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  11:27:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's mine:

Buddhism 79%
Satanism 75%
Paganism 75%
Hinduism 67%
Agnostic 67%
Atheist 58%
Christian 58%
Islam 50%
Judaism 25%

Interesting. I'll have to study up on Satanism and Paganism to see what that's all about Maybe I'm a Satan worshiping pagan in Buddhist clothing. Or maybe I'm a Buddhist who wrestles with satanic paganism in the wee hours.

Edited by - Balance on Sep 26 2006 2:17:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  12:58:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here were my results...
He he.. all you guys are more Hindu than I am..
I hope my parents never see this.. I am more Islam than Hindu.. yieeks!!!!
Hey Alan, when you figure out what Satanism and Paganism is... let me know...

Buddhism 92%
Satanism 75%
Paganism 75%
Islam 67%
Hinduism 58%
atheism 42%
Christianity 33%
agnosticism 33%
Judaism 8%

Just to make it clear.. I do not believe in religion.. I believe in spirituality.. and according to me spirituality has nothing to do with religion..
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  1:27:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tch tch! God's gonna get you for that! ;-)
Go to Top of Page

ranger

USA
45 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  1:37:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit ranger's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not too satisfactory a quiz, esp the questions that were really two independant questions in one. Strange results; I know I'm more pagan than agnostic. I think I just need more coffee. The one thing that probably is significant is that my highest match was only 75%. No wonder I have so much trouble finding a group or sangha where I feel at home.

Hinduism 75%
agnosticism 63%
Buddhism 58%
Paganism 46%
Christianity 42%
Islam 38%
Judaism 33%
Satanism 21%
atheism 17%
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  2:56:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Islam 92%
Buddhism 88%
agnosticism 83%
Hinduism 71%
Satanism 67%
Paganism 50%
Christianity 38%
atheism 33%
Judaism 33%

... got to look for an Imam now ...
puzzled
Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  3:30:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I got the following but I thin some of the questions are difficult to answer as they don't exactly apply to me.
Hinduism

92%
Islam

83%
Buddhism

75%
Paganism

50%
atheism

42%
Judaism

33%
agnosticism

33%
Christianity

33%
Satanism

17%
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  4:04:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Paganism 67%
Buddhism 58%
atheism 58%
agnosticism 50%
Islam 42%
Hinduism 42%
Judaism 33%
Christianity 17%
Satanism 17%

Happy to see I am as much a Satanist as a Christian at 17%. And as devout a Muslim as I am a Hindu, at 42%!!

Yeah, some of the questions are vague and my answer is either yes or no depending on interpretation. Here are some examples:

Women and men are equal in the eyes of God.

If I think 'the eyes of God' doesn't really exist, should I be answering 'no'? That would suggest that I believe that men and women are unequal in the eyes of god, which I don't believe either.

It's a little like the guy being asked in the witness box, 'Have you stopped beating your wife, yes or no?'

Strictly speaking, if he has never beaten his wife, the correct answer is 'No'. And if he answers 'Yes', he doesn't look much better in front of the Jury.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Sep 26 2006 4:07:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  4:27:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
here's what I got....

i didn't understand one question though

Hinduism
100%
Paganism
83%
Islam

67%
Buddhism

67%
Christianity

67%
Judaism

50%
Satanism

50%
agnosticism

33%
atheism

17%
I can't believe I actually took the quiz
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  4:27:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The questions do seem to be simplistic/lacking or something. That list of questions appears to be created by one person. There are other lists of questions on that site that look like they were created in a teenagers' club. I took it again and answered many things very differently because of the vagueness of it all (and my fickleness). For a more scientific(?) questionaire check out www.Beliefnet.com. You have to do a simple registration, then click on "Belief-o-matic." I don't recall all of my results for Belief-o-matic, but Mahayana Buddhism was at the top, then I think Paganism and Hinduism.

Here's my second results for Quiz farm:

Paganism 100%
Buddhism 83%
Hindu 75%
Christian 67%
atheist 50%
agnostic 33%
Satanist 33%
Islam 25%
Judaism 17%

Paganism, Buddhism and Hinduism remained up top. Satanism took a big dive down. Interestingly, Islam and Judaism remained at the bottom and Cristianity waffled around the middle. There were a few Jesus questions to the exclusion of other Sages. I may take the 'test' a third time.

Peace, Alan

Edited by - Balance on Sep 26 2006 4:45:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  5:52:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by david_obsidian

Yeah, some of the questions are vague and my answer is either yes or no depending on interpretation. Here are some examples:

Women and men are equal in the eyes of God.

If I think 'the eyes of God' doesn't really exist, should I be answering 'no'? That would suggest that I believe that men and women are unequal in the eyes of god, which I don't believe either.

I think you should choose to answer the more important issue, ie. whether we are all equal before God, or whether God has eyes. It can be said that God has eyes, only an infinite number of them, like your own eyes, which belong to God ;). But on the more important issue, are we equal before God? I view this strictly from a mathematical perspective, are all the finite parts of infinity equal before infinity? Yes. No matter how great each individual part, it is always infinitely small when compared to the infinite, or God. Thus all men and women are equal before "the eyes" of God.

I picked completely agree on that question.

For best results you have to be a bit extreme in your answers, my answers were all completely agree/disagree. And answer the more imporant issue if the question is loaded with two meanings.

Edited by - Chiron on Sep 26 2006 5:59:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  6:15:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by david_obsidian

Yeah, some of the questions are vague and my answer is either yes or no depending on interpretation.

Agree with you David. Also, some of them I had no opinion on.. so they should have had a "no comment" button.. In those cases I picked the middle button.. which should have been a 50 - 50 I guess.

Men were created for God; women for men.... Excuse me!!!!

I took the test again.. Hey it made me a better Hindu.. but a better Muslim too..
But the bottom line is I should be a Buddhist..

Buddhism 83%
Islam 75%
Hinduism 75%
atheism 67%
Satanism 67%
Paganism 50%
agnosticism 42%
Christianity 33%
Judaism 0%

Edited by - Shanti on Sep 26 2006 6:17:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  6:24:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting to see Hinduism so high, must be all the i am ing, ha ha!

Hinduism 92%
Paganism 83%
Buddhism 83%
Christianity 83%
Islam 67%
agnosticism 67%
Judaism 50%
Satanism 50%
atheism 25%

Nice bit fun Chiron, thanks
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  6:36:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I agree, answer the more important underlying issue. A lot of my answers were middle-road, like I wasn't wanting to commit one way or the other. This third time I went black/white, or agree disagree. It was a little difficult to choose yes or no in some cases. If I do it a fourth time I'll go with agree/disagree in most cases and middle-road in a few that I just can't commit to one way or the other. Here's my third results:

Hindu 100%
Buddhist 83%
Pagan 83%
Christian 83%
Jewish 50%
Muslim 50%
atheist 50%
Satanist 50%
agnostic 50%
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  6:47:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, that's it for me, 4th and final and I think most accurate:

Buddhist 100%
Hindu 100%
Pagan 83%
Christian 83%
atheist 67%
Muslim 58%
Jewish 50%
agnostic 50%
Satanist 33%

That makes sense, If I must be labeled then I'm a Buddhist/Hindu, Pagan/Christian

Edited by - Balance on Sep 26 2006 6:52:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  7:25:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good work Alan, those are all the good ones!
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  8:13:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! Whew! Although, the Satanism didn't last past the first list. It was kinda exciting being a Buddhist, Paganist, Satanist. I was thinking "Cool Halloween costume" to scare all the little kiddies! I like freaking the candy monsters on Halloween ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  8:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Balance

Yes, I agree, answer the more important underlying issue. A lot of my answers were middle-road, like I wasn't wanting to commit one way or the other. This third time I went black/white, or agree disagree. It was a little difficult to choose yes or no in some cases. If I do it a fourth time I'll go with agree/disagree in most cases and middle-road in a few that I just can't commit to one way or the other. Here's my third results:

Hindu 100%
Buddhist 83%
Pagan 83%
Christian 83%
Jewish 50%
Muslim 50%
atheist 50%
Satanist 50%
agnostic 50%

Quite balanced results you got there, Balance :D
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  8:20:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Buddhism 96%
Hinduism 83%
Judaism 58%
Islam 54%
Paganism 50%
Christianity 46%
atheism 42%
Satanism 33%
agnosticism 17%

well I can think this is a bit bollox as I could never ever be an atheist, satanist or agnostic.

Actually I feel closer to Hinduism than Buddhism, though I love Buddha

Edited by - Babaly on Sep 26 2006 8:25:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  10:17:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Chiron said:
I view this strictly from a mathematical perspective, are all the finite parts of infinity equal before infinity? Yes. No matter how great each individual part, it is always infinitely small when compared to the infinite, or God. Thus all men and women are equal before "the eyes" of God.

Yeah, I've no problem answering it either when the ambiguity is taken away.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Sep 27 2006 2:56:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  2:39:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OMG! I'm 100% Satanist!!! That soooo made my day!

Maybe I should grow my goatee again? I had a Taiwanese Kagyu Buddhist teacher who suggested that I get rid of it, and I never grew it back since. Then again, she's in Taiwan... The other thing she told me was that I wasn't *really* a Kagyu (Tibetan) Buddhist, but that's okay she wasn't either. I guess I found my niche!

If anyone wants to try to replicate my perfect score, I answered neutrals to the "is Jesus God" and other very specifically focused religious questions.

You may now bow before me:

Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Satanism! Before you scream, do a bit of research on it. To be a Satanist, you don't actually have to believe in Satan. Satanism generally focuses upon the spiritual advancement of the self, rather than upon submission to a deity or a set of moral codes. Do some research if you immediately think of the satanic cult stereotype. Your beliefs may also resemble those of earth-based religions such as paganism.

Satanism

100%

Buddhism

75%

Paganism

67%

Hinduism

67%

atheism

42%

Christianity

42%

Judaism

33%

Islam

25%

agnosticism

25%
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  2:59:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

If anyone wants to try to replicate my perfect score, I answered neutrals to the "is Jesus God" and other very specifically focused religious questions.

This isn't fair. I thought I who answered a strong 'no' deserve my goatee as much as you.

But maybe it is fair on the other hand. The real satanist probably just doesn't give a damn whether Jesus is God or not.
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  10:25:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Upon reflection, I think that Satanist = selfishness, individual orientation, etc in the test.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000