New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2015 :  07:10:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AYAM NAMAH NAMAH would be my mantra to try. First I will start with Breath awareness as explained, which is what I usually do with my Belly Breathing. Same thing different name.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2015 :  07:38:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok I got it where my problems started. I used to do Breath awareness at the start then Spinal Breathing followed by breath awareness followed by AYAM and more breath awareness. I think that is what happened. It's Like I never took my foot off the gas the moment I started and the car just kept on speeding faster and faster.

I am stuck on breath awareness since I have been doing breath awareness for 15 years, that is all I do when I am relaxing..... It's so natural that whenever I just sit or work on something I start to focus on my breath and I usually meditate like this for most of the day. I am not even aware that I am doing it, it's just automatic. I could say I walk in breath awareness the whole day. So how do i deal with that then, where I am continually stimulating my energy all day long practically!?

This was very Enlightening!

Thank you all for your help and advice.

Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2015 :  09:04:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Breath awareness all the time is putting your pranayama on cruise control. The coals of the fire are never getting a chance to die down they are constantly glowing.

If you are stuck then you need to help balance this, Mahamudra is not a well-loved practice but will help and if you are doing this all the time you may want to stop everything else and just do this alone and several times throughout the day.

Many Kriya Yogis have been known to only do Mahamudra. I mention Kriya because you are outside of AYP already with this all day breath awareness because you will be constantly throwing gas on a fire.

Oh well no worries just deal with what you have to work with; wear glasses so you can see more no?

You may be able to do deep meditation but spinal breathing is going to cause you problems with everything you are doing all the time.

Here is what I would recommend as a routine. You can buy the Asanas book or join AYP Plus and read it for free with the $10.00 dollar membership there are other sources to learn it from as well.

AYP calls Mahmudra "Sitting Head to Knee" the description of how to do it is on page 19. If you mix Spinal breathing with it you will have a very powerful practice that will help balance. This does not go against what has already been written as you will be balancing with Mahamudra.

Start your day:

Do 3 rounds of Mahamudra

Resume your breath awareness till you become calm

Stop counting in your head that is in the way of DM use a timer.

Practice DM

3 more rounds of Mahamudra

Lie down and rest.

Go about your day

At noon do 6 rounds of Maha Mudra

In the evening

Same routine as the morning.

Do more Mahamudra throughout the day as you feel is right.

Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2015 :  4:52:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you So-Hi. Found it in the book. Should I just do what's on page 19 or do the full thing which is on page 65?

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Aug 13 2015 5:16:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2015 :  8:46:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry not seeing it on PG 65.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2015 :  9:44:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In the book Asanas Mudras and Bandhas. Page 65 has it under Maha Mudra (great seal).
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2015 :  05:15:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The one on page 65 has all the trimmings, including Ketchari and Kumbhaka. That can't be suitable for somebody in a sensitive phase. I would think SO-HI meant the basic Maha Mudra.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2015 :  06:05:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you BlueRaincoat, I just wanted clarification as to what part to do exactly.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2015 :  10:24:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah I see yes Blue is very correct.

The main idea is to get the prana evenly distributed throughout and smooth things, this technique takes some time to get familiar with so do not be surprised if it is less than satisfying and awkward at first you can also do the Yoga Mudra 9also in the book) right before it this will help with things as well and will speed you on the way to being more limber for Mahamudra the simple version at least for now until things improve.

Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2015 :  3:56:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The emotional mountain has just backed off, took about 3 weeks this time around to cool off. Right now I am not doing anything, just cooling off and looking at how to start it back up again.

Is passive awareness meditation in the books or in AYP Plus only?

Ya that is why I am taking my time this time around to make sure. I keep things in balance, so the ride is more enjoyable.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2015 :  8:35:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Signed up for AYP Plus. I am on the right path with my practice so far from what I read. Things are in balance and I believe I have to just stick with Breath awareness for now.

Can my accounts be linked even thought I signed up during April 2015? Same name, email etc.

Thank you all for your help.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2015 :  10:38:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LordBuzzKill

Signed up for AYP Plus. I am on the right path with my practice so far from what I read. Things are in balance and I believe I have to just stick with Breath awareness for now.

Can my accounts be linked even thought I signed up during April 2015? Same name, email etc.

Thank you all for your help.

Hi LordBuzzKill:

Welcome to Plus!

You can register at the Plus Support Forum with your public forum name, same email, etc. You will have to be signed into AYP Plus before you can do that. The Plus forum is separate from the public forum and there is no linkage between them.

If you have any difficulty signing up at the Plus forum, feel free to email me and we will resolve any issues that may come up.

All the best on your continuing path!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2015 :  05:43:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Update --

Another shift occurred but in the other direction towards the dark side. (has been like this for a few weeks now, started off slowly and increased in intensity)

All the happy or sad thoughts have now been replaced by dark thoughts and feelings. These dark thoughts have now made me more aggressive, irritable and intolerant. It was a lot weaker then the positive thoughts I had. It was fairly manageable but still unpleasant to have to deal with. Amazing just how much filth is being cleaned out from my system. I just can't wait to get back to the balanced practice of Deep Meditation. Still doing breath awareness and its going well so far.

I remember people talking about irritability on here. I am using the Dream Yogas of mind control where you can take something negative and just imagine and turn it around into something positive, it is helping me to deal with these dark thoughts. I find it that by looking at why I am getting so pissed off, shows me where I am weak and afraid and what I can do to relax, let go, and how I can grow from the experience. The dark thoughts are weakening and I am letting them go a lot easier now.

Makes me feel happy knowing this filth is leaving me.

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Aug 31 2015 07:37:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2015 :  8:55:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I realized that music had a strong influence on me. When I went for walks into nature and listened to my music, I noticed that the music would have like a mind control effect on me. Where the type of music played made my mood and feelings be just the same to an extreme like mind control. A lot of happy music made me happy and sad at some points. Aggressive music made me aggressive.... I never had anything like that before, no where near to this type of extreme. I know that music can influence people's attitudes but to this extreme like mind control... Is this possible or Am I just susceptible to this because of my over-sensitivity? This effect would last on me for days and since I went for walks daily, well you can guess the rest.

Anyone else have anything like this in their experiences? Any thoughts, ideas?

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Aug 31 2015 9:19:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  05:01:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear LordBuzzkill,

I would say that music probably always had this kind of effect on you (and on most people). The reason you are noticing its effects now is because you are now able to Witness. Good things are happening.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  07:04:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
SeySorciere,

It makes a lot of sense now, why at times I could not stand some music and it would drive me mad with Rage while others I would just be so relaxed. It's been going on for more then a few years now. Some music I just can't stand any more, why I have no idea, I like them one day and hate them the next.

I have been shifting away from aggressive music to more relaxed music for a while now, at least five years. The music I like got softer and softer, more pleasant to listen to.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  08:41:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi LBK,
Yes same here, the music I listen to has changed dramatically the last years....Music has a big influence on my energy and inner silence. Luckily we do have a choice in this.
I have the same with people around, if I am surrounded with people who are talking loud and very fast, I can not stand it anymore. I remove myself then.
Also on TV, loud and noisy, not for me.
I love silence, peaceful music, and conversations not to loud.
Maybe I have to go and live in a cave one day....
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  3:24:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL Charliedog,

I stopped watching TV a very long time ago. That electronic toilet just covers your mind with filth and I want nothing to do with it! Especially after I found the fathers of Propaganda that showed how they are brain washing people with TV, and everything else like Advertisements. So no thank you, I throw my TV in the garbage many many years ago!

Yes Charliedog I have very similar views as you do, but no TV.

One of the books is Propaganda by Edward Bernays, and Grunch of Giants by R. Buckminster Fuller. I have yet to read them, I am way too back logged with so many books I need to read. And I have College starting next week not to mention Orientation this week as well. Had to change careers for better employment. Going to be an Electrician. I have read many books on the mind, influence, manipulation, etc. You learn real fast that people are nothing but lab rats in the western world with all the crap in Advertisements and they explain to you, how it works too.

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Sep 01 2015 5:00:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  6:59:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Upon witnessing my music now, I have made my choice. I will remove all my aggressive music and replace it with something a lot more enjoyable and pleasant. Thanks SeySorciere, I never looked at it in that way, until you pointed it out to me.

The train of progress to enlightenment keeps on rolling.

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  01:06:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear LBK,
Have you heard of Dr. Emoto?
http://www.masaru-emoto.net/english...crystal.html

Check out the effect thoughts, words and music can have on water molecules and you will understand our reaction to music.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  01:24:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I remember something about this long ago.

It is very cool how sound effects water. Water is effected by so many things, now we can see how ugly thoughts can effect us. The disturbing though is just how aware I am of this, especially now. You would think that with more enlightenment bad thoughts would not have such a strong effect but its worse, they are stronger then ever. All I can do is change my thoughts to something positive.

Now that I think about it with my extra awareness, I see that my fortune telling cards are more accurate when I have positive thoughts. Not to mention that whenever my mood is positive for a long time I really end up with good days. Just like Yogani said, small miracles that make your day wonderful.

Looking over my research notes on fortune telling cards with new eyes. I see that negative thoughts lead to a negative choice that once made alters you future right away into a negative path, and it goes without saying the same for positive thoughts that lead to a positive choice that alters your future right away into a positive path. With results and outcomes being very accurate as to what happens with your choices.

I have been observing this for years, but only noticed it now as to how our thoughts effect our future. I knew that the choices effected it but not just how far it would go with thoughts until now. This also show just how much in control we are of our own future!

This is scary and exciting at the same time, to know that you do have a great influence over your own fate!

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Sep 08 2015 02:22:20 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000