Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Using powers selfishly
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  8:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I never really got a straight answer.

What are the consequences of using powers to hurt people or for personal gain Like Siddhis, dark arts, whatever you want to call it.

As I mentioned before, I just got a bunch of Siddhis activating around 2006 (that I was aware of) and I used them for personal gain for many years. Most of my Siddhis is off sleeping now. It all started after doing Breath awareness for 5 years. I learned it in Kung Fu class. I wanted to defend myself from people. Some of it was harmless while at other times it was harmful.

Could this be causing me problems now on my journey I know Yogani said that it's not a good idea to directly control energy or to use powers for personal gain. That does not explain what could happen and what you need to do to fix it

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Sep 06 2015 8:39:24 PM

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  11:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's pretty simple. As we sow, so shall we reap. Cause and effect.

Fortunately, practices like samyama have transformative effects on karma. Here's a little excerpt from Yogani's Samyama book:

"If our karma has had us on a date with disaster at some point in time, our spiritual practices will gradually be transforming that eventuality into a date with good providence. This is the transformation of karmic influences. As we transform ourselves spiritually, our fortunes will change in every way. There is no outside force that can alter this fact, because the human nervous system is the doorway to the divine."

Even if you aren't ready for samyama, LBK, you can still lightly engage in bhakti and karma yoga, according to your natural inclination. It doesn't have to be dramatic. Just small steps and changes in your routine. Just like a martial artist perfects a technique by redundant practice, so do we improve our karma in small increments.

Don't sit around worrying about impending doom. Just inquire into what little projects can be embarked upon that will steer your karma in a favorable direction.

You dig?

P.S. Samyama is morally self-regulating because stillness absorbs the intention by virtue of us letting go. As Bruce Lee said: “Be formless, shapeless—like water. Now, you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup; you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle; you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend."
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  12:20:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks BT. Ya I see, I am not worried more annoyed with lack of progress due to over sensitivity, and wondering if all kinds of extra stuff can add to my extra challenges.

Maybe it's all this negative energy now coming out right now. When I get through this dark patch on my road to enlightenment things will get better. I just find it odd how there is so little info on this.

Maybe we should have a chapter about this called >>> well you done screwed up big time, now what? >>>> I think that might be helpful to some people like me. I have a feeling this is more or less the damn dark thoughts playing on my fears and just annoying the hell out of me. Not as bad as before, still annoying though.

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Sep 07 2015 01:11:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  08:25:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi LBK,
One of my teachers used to say that the energy we direct toward other people, be it good or bad energy, comes back to us multiplied. We all want a better life. The first step is to stop hurting others - and hurting ourselves. What you did is done, no reason to ruminate. The best thing you can do is spiritual practice, which will take care of your karma, as Bodhi explains.

Another way to check this principle of energy use is to act to others' benefit. You will be the one who will benefit in the end. Yogani wrote a number of lessons on this subject, such as 347 The Role of Service.

As about the perceived lack of progress, this is a trick of the mind to sabotage your practice. If you want to progress, just continue with the practices. You are receiving exactly what you need. We all do, even if we do not realize at the time.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  2:40:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes that makes a lot of sense B. The only thing I have to do now is back off from my Deep Meditation only after a short enhanced balance version of the first one, I get overwhelmed on the next day. So 3 months of nothing but Breath Awareness is next. Tried to see if I can start D.M. and its clear I need way more time to balance it out.

Yes I figured as much, damn ego is a trickster. While you are lost in the dark thoughts, it is hard to think straight.

This experience shows that I need a lot more time to practice Breath Awareness to balance out my overload still. Thanks B.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  4:03:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LordBuzzKill

Maybe we should have a chapter about this called >>> well you done screwed up big time, now what? >>>> I think that might be helpful to some people like me.

LOL! Oh, I've got that chapter covered. Much of my efforts are salvaging what has been wrecked. I also empathize with your annoyance and frustration with lack of progress. Actually, my blog tonight will probably address some of that consternation.

We're in the same boat, my friend! Let's pick up the pieces and put it back together again.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  4:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh I am picking up the pieces BT. The thing I noticed with AYP is that some topics are held at arms lengths, which does people a great disservice. There will always be people chasing power and that should be addressed some how, because some of these people can be redirected before they burn themselves, while others need to burn to learn.

A chapter on >>> seeking power and what to do about it >>> might help a lot more people then you know. After all there are situations in life which would lead one to walk down that path and if we can catch these people before they burn. We can help them avoid years of headaches. I found AYP very lacking in this area, after all it's just fear that is playing on their egos that drives them to chase power.

IF that fear can be addressed in a positive way, we can help these people. I feel like AYP is closing it's eyes to a problem and is unwilling to help. Maybe I am still blind by darkness and can't see but if that's the case then it must be the same for most people like me. To address Fear and Blindness that leads one to chase power would be a good start.

I made a choice a long time ago to be a better person in 2001. Without the knowledge to move forward I just aimlessly wondered around in fear lost in this world. Then I found Kung Fu and breath awareness, which led me to improve my life. Then in 2004 I was told I was an ASSHOLE, I asked why, then I saw and changed again to be a better person. Ever since then I kept looking for any info that could help me grow. I started reading books on all things that can help a person grow. At the start there was a lot of crap to dig through. Once I knew what to look for, my progress improve.

I have changed many times since then (people told me this many times on my journey that the change was Day and Night) but it all takes a process or a deeper understanding to move forward. Which them books helped me a lot with.

Without that knowledge or process I was aimlessly lost and just wondering about. Which is why it took so many years for me to get here and find AYP. Then I go screw it all up because my questions of power never got addressed and I burnt myself. For which I am still paying the price. I take responsibility for my actions, it would of been nice if there was info on it in a way a lost person hungry for power would see and understand.

As Yogani talks about adjusting and improving AYP to help more people. I feel we need a chapter that addresses these issues. It will be very helpful to this group of people. After all we are here to grow and help, so might as well come up with a way to reach these people somehow or just sit back and watch them burn.

In summary I am asking for a chapter that addresses fear which causes people to do many stupid harmful things like chasing power and what to do about it!!! A chapter that would guide them lost, confused, and fear driven people.

Thanks BT.

update removed wrong terminology.

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Sep 07 2015 6:18:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  5:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What's better than simple samyama? If you are sensitive, do one round. I don't really think we" save people". They " save" themselves. Dire warnings do not work. Inspiration is much better.

From your postings, I think you see how your viewpoint affects other people. Time to change your viewpoint/noticing. Samyama/Bhakti/Noticing changes things.

Edited by - lalow33 on Sep 07 2015 5:11:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  6:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are correct, I used wrong terminology. I was asking for a path to be shown, so these people can find a way to save themselves. Oh I know warnings are useless. Just maybe some better way to reach out to these people, that is all.

Which is what Yogani is doing with over sensitive people in Deep Meditation with his enhanced lessons in 369.

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Sep 07 2015 6:36:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  7:08:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, AYP very clearly addresses the pursuit of supernormal powers, both in the lessons and books.

In the samyama book, check out pages 78 to 81. I think you will be satisfied. (In Plus, you can search the book online. )
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  7:48:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks BT, I have read that several times now.

Do you have any experience with Siddhis BT? Was it good or bad, what did you think of it?

Hey Bodhi Tree, May the force be with you! I found that post about siddhis very enlightening.

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Sep 07 2015 8:15:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  8:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Do you have any experience with Siddhis BT? Was it good or bad, what did you think of it?

Haven't levitated off the bed yet. Mainly just experiencing swells of joy that come in waves. I'm getting ready for the next break.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  9:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will take joy any day over anger.

That is a very good super power to look forward to.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  07:19:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will take joy over bouncing on the bed any day - which happened last night just after meditation. I do not notice the actual levitation but when I crash down and I'm physically jolted and bed is bouncing, I presume I must have lifted up. Happens very rarely though.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  09:36:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi LordBuzzKill,

I think everyone I've ever met wants some kind of control. It seems to me that you are judging yourself pretty harshly for wanting the same thing that everyone wants. A simple practice with light samyama can really change your viewpoint. The longer you do samyama ( which seems like a control practice) the less you try to control daily life.
Go to Top of Page

Tempest

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  10:16:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

As I mentioned before, I just got a bunch of Siddhis activating around 2006 (that I was aware of) and I used them for personal gain for many years. Most of my Siddhis is off sleeping now.

Can you pls elaborate, what siddhis did you get? What were you able to do?
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  6:58:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1) I was able to know where someone was and locate them at will, say in the building and I would follow a feeling and would find them no matter where they were. I would be able to know when they would get on the computer and I would log on and talk to them in chat.

2) Seeing the present and the future. I had several events that showed me what was happening and the future at the same time. So far all of them came true. Some I am still waiting on because the time has not yet come for them. Examples of the two would be a Visions while I was walking down the street, another would be in a lucid dream.

3) Hurting people in many ways. One example is where someone pissed me off so much I made them suffer and for them to end the suffering sooner they had to go to a hospital to get help, and the help they would get is humiliating for most people to go through. They told me all about it and had no idea I did it, and I never told them.

4) Destroying things.... Not willing to talk about it. Saw it happen.

5) I wished for my mom to win and beat breast Cancer, she is alive and well and the treatment went very well.

As I get more awareness in my life I start to notice more subtle things of Siddhis but I can't say anything yet because I don't know enough to explain it. Need to dig through the past and figure it all out.

Some of my powers are still active and I just added 1 more a few months ago. It was seeing visions in a dream, now I just have to wait and see, plus the cards told me the same thing and they are very accurate.

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Sep 08 2015 8:17:35 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000