AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 "Seeing" obstructions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

compassion

87 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2015 :  02:35:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Something that has started again recently, is the strong sensing of obstructions, in deep meditation and samyama, as well as outside of practices. I used the verb 'seeing' in the subject, because it feels as strong as any sense, though it is not seeing, if that makes sense.

With the experience, it is like finding an obstruction, investigating it from every angle, inside and out. Sometimes it is in relation to an obstruction I can feel physically in the spine, but more often seems completely abstract and not connected physically. It is automatic, so despite watching this take place, I have little idea exactly what is happening.

Intuition first gave the idea that the 'lumps' I could see were karma, somehow. Then the idea that this was purification. That upon close examination of these obstructions, their arguments do not stand up to scrutiny, and they melt away. And there is the idea that purification has always been happening this way, just I am becoming more aware of it.

Does anyone have any further insight on this? There is nothing unpleasant in the experience, but it is simply as a curiosity to know.

For a moment briefly the other day, a memory of someone and her family dynamics came to mind, and I sensed a similar obstruction, like 'seeing' the elephant in the room, so to speak. And this raised even more questions, that is it possible to purify obstructions for other people or groups, even without being physically present? How can/does this happen? Or would I only be purifying my own projections onto them?

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2015 :  11:18:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi compassion,

It's sounds like some very, very good things are happening

Very cool on being able to see the obstructions. Not everyone will be able to see them. I feel them but like you I know others who do see obstructions within there body. To be honest it is just a normal progression of the path. As we advance we are able to see/feel those attachments.

As you have noticed you can get to a point where you become radiant. What I mean by that is light/energy is radiating off of you. That energy shines on others just by your presense. Because of your greater depth it can allow for others to release there obstructions.

Michael Brown talks about this when is telling about the astral beings that come around when people are upset. They feed on the emotions. He mentions that once you are silent, your silence spreads to others in the room. Just your presence removes the beings/thoughts and allows for others to enjoy greater silence.

An interesting concept but the overall effect is true. Once you become radiant your presense begins to effect others. With those we have a close connection to they can notice the effects even more so. Many times they will notice our presense in there dreams first.

At the same time our presence/light can be to much. Like with anyone to much energy hitting on our attachments can send us into overload. Our presence can have that same effect on those around us also.

You also mentioned removing or purifying others. I talked a little about how the light shines on others but to purify or to help remove the obstructions of others we have to first remove them from ourselves.

For example: I have mentioned that I can feel those I am close too emotional pain. I feel it as an obstruction in my heart. The reason I feel this is because I share the same issue. To help the other person I have to be with my own obstruction so that it is cleared. Once it is cleared from me I can then shine greater light on that persons issue. It is like I am a filter removing the obstruction and returning clean/obstruction free light to them. If I don't share the same issue/obstruction I don't feel a thing and the light just shines on through anyways :)

There are many ways to make that connection but I think you get my point. It is a very beautiful thing.

I hope this helps,

Tom
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2015 :  12:33:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can 'see' mine too. The sad part is that, on occasions, I can still catch myself thinking in ways that create them.

I don't know about removing other people's obstructions (I'll leave more advanced yogis answer that), but I think it's a good thing that I deal with my own. This is a valuable chance to learn a way of being that does not create them.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2015 :  3:39:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My curent stage is very throat-centered. Like you, Compassion, it's not unpleasant, just there somehow, like Ganesha in the room. Unlike you, I'm not at all curious. I trust something good will come of it .
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2015 :  5:44:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello compassion,

Yes, I'm able to "see" obstructions. I could see/feel a dense square in the body for weeks.It disappeared eventually. It's purification in my opinion.

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

compassion

87 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2015 :  02:54:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tom, Thank you for your insights! I was wondering why I hadn't seen these kind of things discussed before, but was because I hadn't yet connected the term 'radiance' with this experience. Thank you for that.

And you are right, the family dynamics I was referring to have much in common with my own which I am healing from at the moment. And this is probably why they came to mind in the first place.

BR, thanks also for sharing your experiences. Whilst creating obstructions might seem sad, noticing that you are doing so gives you plenty of room for growth, especially if you can do so without judgement :)

DB, had to look up who Ganesha is, but now I got that one ;) I mostly trust something good will come of it, though sometimes catch myself trying to make it happen by myself or wondering what exactly is happening, what this 'sense' is, and what it is sensing exactly. I want to find a use for myself, even if I know that will end in tears :D

And thank you, Sunyata. May the journey continue!
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2015 :  03:08:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by compassion

I mostly trust something good will come of it, though sometimes catch myself trying to make it happen by myself or wondering what exactly is happening, what this 'sense' is, and what it is sensing exactly. I want to find a use for myself, even if I know that will end in tears :D

Sometimes surrendering and tears can be the way of letting the obstructions go....

Go to Top of Page

compassion

87 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2015 :  10:33:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Charliedog. I sometimes wonder am I just unshed tears
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2015 :  12:22:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
when a tear drop exsplodes love is released .

Edited by - kumar ul islam on Mar 18 2015 12:42:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2015 :  5:15:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is such a soothing though Kumar

quote:
Originally posted by compassion
Whilst creating obstructions might seem sad, noticing that you are doing so gives you plenty of room for growth, especially if you can do so without judgement :)

I think you are right there Compassion
Go to Top of Page

compassion

87 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  02:05:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, kumar
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000