Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 How long did it take for you to become ecstatic?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MrSteroids1

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2015 :  8:50:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Just curious, I've been doing AYP practices for a years and a quarter now and have had a few experiences, like seeing inner lights, smelling odors of flower and a crown opening which was intense. I feel the prana move inside my spine during spinal breathing pranayama but it's not ecstatic. My DM is full of thoughts and isn't blissful.

I would like to hear from you, forum people, how long did it take for you to experience ecstasy or bliss during and or outside of practices.

SwamiX

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2015 :  2:32:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mr. S,

I have been practicing AYP for almost six years. I practice DM with light SB (as little as two or three rounds), and there are periods where I have to drop the SB due to mild overload. To answer your question, I first noticed bliss outside of mediation after about two years. I remember distinctly sitting on someone’s porch when I noticed this subtle sense of joy take hold of me. I knew it was due to the practices since it was like the experience I had during DM. This lasted, as I recall, for an hour or two.

As the months and years have gone by, this experience of bliss surfaces more often, but it is still periodic. I will be sitting here at work or at home and a sense of joy and exhilaration will take hold of me. This part is hard to characterize, but it also seems to have a subtle effect on my perception. I recall after one session a few months ago, seeing the sunlight coming through a tree and I was captivated by the beauty of it – almost like I was seeing it in some fresh way or for the first time. This, too, has become more common. I had the same experience the other morning looking at drops of water on the shower door. Perhaps this is part of the “cleansing” and “purification” that Yogani mentions in the lessons.

The ecstasy part is a little hard to untangle. I discovered from the beginning that I am, for whatever reason, very sensitive to SB. I had sensations of warmth almost from the beginning and, just as Yogani predicted, sensations of coolness became intermingled with it as the months went by. I would say that the sense of energy movement is much more obvious to me than the bliss, but I would not characterize it as “ecstatic”. It feels like, well, energy – the sensation of heat can be pleasant (like laying on the dock in the summer), but
It does not feel “ecstatic”. Maybe the exhilaration I mentioned earlier stems more from the SB than meditation – but I don’t know.

I hope this helps -
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  11:50:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had experienced ecstasy during meditation practice within a few years of beginning, but it took 35 years for ecstasy to become my abiding and "normal" state of being. However, I was doing primarily SRF kriya practice. So, don't despair! I strongly suspect if I'd known about AYP it would have happened MUCH sooner.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2015 :  07:34:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It was a bit over a year for me to feel an erotic type of bliss when it felt like the kundalini was awakening my lower chakras. Now it seems more heart and throat centric and the quality more loving and less erotic, but even that changes on individual days and energetic states. These states are not yet 24/7, though I sense the process is progressing in that direction.
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2015 :  3:58:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Radharani: I am curious what things in Kriya SRF practice were slower than AYP for you? I have just started to read the SRF correspondence course in conjunction with my AYP practice and your perspective would be valuable, thanks!
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2015 :  11:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After 2 years I found a friend who helped me.

I now feel ecstasy during my sits when I can just abide and let all thoughts and sensations float on bye. That seperation is a powerful thing and makes everything turn into ecstasy. All things are energy and the other side of a thought or thing is ecstasy :)

Outside of meditation is just a matter of residing in a layer of depth. If I relax I can feel the bliss, if not I might have periods where flows of energy are hitting me hard and filling me with ecstasy during the day. Meetings can be very interesting sometimes when that is happening

All my day's and nights are filled with energy flows now.

Edited by - jonesboy on Mar 09 2015 12:02:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2015 :  3:43:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I got the ecstasy first, and occasional bliss, before beginning practices. I began practicing in order to tame the ecstasy. Everybody's different. I continue to work on integrating it into daily life, which can be quite a challenge with adult responsibilities.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000