Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Out of body? is there a way to foster this?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  7:08:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello
I am just realizing that in my practice I would benifit from experiencing outside my body. I love my body and am very attatched to it, that is the problem. I can let go of mind, thoughts, emotions in the body, but the Prana , I love it so much. I am in joy just to attend to my breath, it fills me with light.

If I could experience outside the body, then I could really detatch myself from the misidentification of self as body only..

Any suggestions
thanks and happy Yoga

compassion

87 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  02:51:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello KarenVic,

I think the answer to this is simply to continue the practices twice daily. In deep meditation we can detach ourselves from these attachments you feel. However the practice is simply to return to the mantra whenever we notice we are off it, not to manage our attachments.

For experiences outside of practice, I found that falling asleep on my back was something I became more inclined to do. At first it was very intense, but is now the norm for me. Perhaps it is something you will feel inclined to experiment with.

Happy yoga to you too!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  05:34:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Replacing attachment to the body with attachment to out-of-body experiences?

I'm with Compassion:

quote:
Originally posted by compassion
I think the answer to this is simply to continue the practices twice daily.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  09:40:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi KarenVic and welcome to the AYP forums,

There are many ways of learning to have out of body experiences. You could try Yoga Nidra: http://www.aypsite.org/299.html , you could try using "remote viewing" techniques, or you could try using dissociative anesthetics. I have had success with all 3 of these methods, but would recommend yoga nidra more than the others as it has other benefits as well and the "ability" seems to last once it's established.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  10:58:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Blueraincoat, you make me laugh. Yes no attatchements, I just thought it might speed things up a bit. Funny how the mind keeps trying to find the answer.

Carsonzi, thanks for your note, Yoga Nidra, yes I forgot about this, so many great techniqes on this site. Still one at a time. Lots of light and love to you all on your jouney
x
K
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  6:12:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
KarenVic, I have LDs and OBEs regularly and there are things you can do separate from yoga to increase their frequency if you care to. I know that as a siddhi it is not the goal of practice, yet they can definitely be motivators to practice, at least in my experience so I understand your desire. It is very likely that if not for my first OBE I would not be here typing these words on this forum...

In my experience it is easiest to leave your body at around 4 to 6 am, so you could try doing meditations at that time. Also, if you go back to bed after doing this your chances of going OOB are drastically increased.

If the prana has you too energized to sleep then taking a nice herbal tea like chamomile or even an L-Theanine pill can help.

This method of getting up at that time then going back to sleep is known in lucid dreaming cirlces as the WBTB - Wake Back To Bed method and is extremely powerful
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000