Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Clarification: Yoga and Reincarnation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2015 :  6:29:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everybody!

I have already heard several times (including by Yogani) the following affirmation:"If we have worked a lot with Yoga in a previous life, then we can attain Enlightment more rapidly in this lifetime." assuming I believe in reincarnation, if I live in the West and Yoga comes, like everybody knows, from East, the quote above implies that everybody who attains Enlightment rapidly has necessarily lived in the East in a previous life?!?

Please, any insights are welcome (I am a bit confused)...

Edited by - joao.jlgoncalves on Mar 05 2015 6:35:58 PM

justaguy

USA
39 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2015 :  7:51:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit justaguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joao.jlgoncalves

Hello everybody!

I have already heard several times (including by Yogani) the following affirmation:"If we have worked a lot with Yoga in a previous life, then we can attain Enlightment more rapidly in this lifetime." assuming I believe in reincarnation, if I live in the West and Yoga comes, like everybody knows, from East, the quote above implies that everybody who attains Enlightment rapidly has necessarily lived in the East in a previous life?!?

Leaving aside for now the question of reincarnation...
you are assuming that yoga belongs specifically to the East. I posit this as a mistaken assumption. Yoga is natural, normal, human and part of the biological process. Yoga can be found in it's purest forms in all ancient cultures, some may call it shamanism or whatever, but it is still the same technology (in my opinion.)

Certainly in its current iteration yoga (as such) is the popular way of the East, but only in it's external "clothing", yoga takes as many forms as there are cultures for it to have form within it.

As always, these are just my opinions...
but then again, what the h*ll do I know?

Joseph
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2015 :  7:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have always thought of the All as a humongous stew, and that new lives are ladled from that stew. Upon death one returns to the stew. In this stew there is no complete separation of East/West, or North/South for that matter. ThIs theory would explain how someone might have past memories and not necessarily full past lives. It also accounts for the fact there are more people alive today than from the past (how can we all have past lives? A mathematical issue...). In my theory, perhaps one person's purity is richer than another's, depending on the richness of the stew in the ladle .

Just a fun theory; nothing I can prove
Go to Top of Page

justaguy

USA
39 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2015 :  8:13:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit justaguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

I have always thought of the All as a humongous stew, and that new lives are ladled from that stew. Upon death one returns to the stew. In this stew there is no complete separation of East/West, or North/South for that matter. ThIs theory would explain how someone might have past memories and not necessarily full past lives. It also accounts for the fact there are more people alive today than from the past (how can we all have past lives? A mathematical issue...). In my theory, perhaps one person's purity is richer than another's, depending on the richness of the stew in the ladle .

Just a fun theory; nothing I can prove

Interesting theory,
This also reminds me of an Eastern theory that Gary Zukov (the Dancing Wu Li Masters) popularized. that of "group souls", the idea being that incarnate entities are actually groups of souls that are groups of souls etc.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2015 :  9:10:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I have always thought of the All as a humongous stew, and that new lives are ladled from that stew.

Please pass the cayenne pepper. I want to burn through obstructions in the stew by searing them with the sacred red powder from the land of my ancestors. The Spirit has spoken.

[Warning: Do not attempt at home. This is not an example of self-pacing. ]

Go to Top of Page

justaguy

USA
39 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2015 :  10:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit justaguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

quote:

I have always thought of the All as a humongous stew, and that new lives are ladled from that stew.

Please pass the cayenne pepper. I want to burn through obstructions in the stew by searing them with the sacred red powder from the land of my ancestors. The Spirit has spoken.

[Warning: Do not attempt at home. This is not an example of self-pacing. ]

LMAO
Go to Top of Page

NoDogma

USA
123 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2015 :  10:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joao.jlgoncalves

Hello everybody!

It's possibly easy to migrate after you're dead and before next birth... We need to find laws of immigration for that time span..

Edited by - NoDogma on Mar 05 2015 10:32:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2015 :  12:38:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One of the threads recently did have info that Elizabeth Haich in one of her past lives was practicing yoga in Egypt. Also we have to remember that lifespan earlier was very short, there being lot of wars, feuds, disease, droughts, etc. Child mortality was also high. Today with family planning and marriages not lasting the distance, I guess souls in the ether might be having severe competition just incarnating in human form.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2015 :  10:02:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
that which is born shall die that which dies will be reborn,we are created sustained and transformed over and over particle by particle from galaxy to an atom when a yogi sees that there is no difference between a clod of earth gold an eagle in flight he knows the supreme and is at one with the one.
Go to Top of Page

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2015 :  12:23:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting theories...Thank you all for your responses, it helps me to construct my own theories

João

Edited by - joao.jlgoncalves on Mar 06 2015 12:28:37 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000