Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 the cleaning lady...the yogini
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  2:40:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
the apartment i live in is big..it was my parents house..dad passed away last year...mum has severe vascular dementia she is in specialized hospital since 2009...and my brother lives abroad..
every 2 weeks the wife of my building janitor cleans my house,now she is about to deliver her new baby so i had to find another cleaning lady
my extended family gave me the number of a woman from Sri Lanka...she has worked for them since years...
yesterday she came at my place..she started cleaning while i was having late lunch..she said: no meat? i replied: true have not eaten any kind of meat since 2005....she replied that she is vegetarian too.......
i have not seen any cleaning lady like Fatima...a real determined woman...cleaning every corner...removing all the heavy furniture although she is so thin and short...examining again and again that she did not forget cleaning any corner, or removing any dust...so thorough in her work....all in silence (at my job also i am very thorough and determined)
after she cleaned my meditation room,she said: where did u get all those pictures and statues of sages and gods?
i replied: have been to india....i do yoga
she said: i have been to Nepal...i love Buddha....you should go to my country Sri Lanka it is beautiful...i have been to Madras in south of india
i said: i have only been to the north of india..rishikesh.
she said: me too i dont have any parents left...all of them died in the tsunami that hit southern asia few years back...i dont have anyone ...this is God's will ...i dont know why this happened but i know it is His will....all is good....i only have Him and He is generous...u know every sunday i go with my friends here in lebanon to a place where we pray to Him....
listening to that i was speechless, here she is a woman coming from sri lanka , far from rich...she lost all her loves ones yet she is a happy person...dedicated to her dharma of cleaning houses ...doing her job perfectly ...
when she finished i asked her how much money she wants..so she laughed a bit and said she does not know...just give whatever you feel like giving ...

then as i walked her to the door she asked me again and again: all good?
i was so surprised she worked her ass out for 4 hours and she was asking all good? it is so obvious that her housework is excellent...

so many similarities between me and her..i seriously think she is a better yogini then i am

Edited by - maheswari on Jun 07 2012 2:42:59 PM

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2012 :  10:05:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Inspiring! Thank you for sharing, Maheshwari.
L & L _/\_
Go to Top of Page

devrim

Thailand
33 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  03:30:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit devrim's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice story, i feel the same way about my wife !!!
Yoga is being shown to us in every corner at every turning and moment from the cleaning lady to a new born baby to a guru. hopefully one day more of our race will be able to open their eyes to see the unity in it all. As always with love, devrim
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  03:43:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
....true He keeps on giving us signs ..if we could only see them!
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  03:55:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This resonates very well with me. I have often conversed with people who gave me a feeling that they are talking from much deeper silence than the silence I know, and I know about most of them that they are not into any specific spiritual practice that may be mentioned. This makes me more respectful about life, because if my observation is correct, these people are proof that living life is a practice in itself.

Thanks for sharing this maheswari

Love...
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  03:59:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
these people are proof that living life is a practice in itself.

exactly
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  04:56:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what a wonderful story, how God brings kindred souls into our lives.
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  05:09:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Swan

This makes me more respectful about life, because if my observation is correct, these people are proof that living life is a practice in itself.

That's beautifully expressed Swan - thank you
Go to Top of Page

showup

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  6:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit showup's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

i seriously think she is a better yogini then i am

May be she is... That is what the Karma Yoga is all about...Please read this

http://www.bolokids.com/index.cfm?m...rticleID=552
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  4:20:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
beautiful story dear showup ...thank you
Go to Top of Page

SuryaDeva

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2013 :  8:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing story

Thank you for sharing
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2015 :  04:26:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i was chatting with a friend in the forums and she reminded me of this topic , that it is such a good topic ( i totally forget about my posts and sometimes i wonder did i write them?)
2 days ago , the cleaning lady was at my appartment. In one of the bedrooms i have 2 bed tables full of indian deities, gurus pictures etc..
for the first time in years, i noticed that the cleaning lady takes her slippers off when cleaning and dusting those 2 tables and the deities etc....

Edited by - maheswari on Mar 12 2015 04:27:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2015 :  06:24:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Its wonderful you both are still together, thanks for the update!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2015 :  06:52:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely story, thank you Maha
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2015 :  2:25:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2015 :  8:34:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Give
Go to Top of Page

jigjnasu

France
28 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2015 :  3:56:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That a beautiful and inspiring story :)

Thanks for sharing

Edited by - jigjnasu on Mar 14 2015 4:21:11 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000