Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Greetings and thanks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jigjnasu

France
28 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  09:48:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Greetings !

I practice AYP for a year, irregulary since I stop several times (got scared or others reasons) and often read those forums.

I start over practice (DM and SBP) with firm intention to not stop again on the road and feels to participate to this community a little more.

Anyways I want to express here my gratitude to yogani and this wonderful community for their amazing contributions.

Sorry for the rusty english

Thanks and love.

Om Namo Narayana

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  10:10:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bienvenue!
Go to Top of Page

jigjnasu

France
28 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  1:48:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Merci :)

Also I would like to introduce Samyasa, should I wait (I am at a point where the witness is not fully established) ?
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  2:14:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!

Regarding samyama, yes wait. Become firmly established in DM and SBP, for months before slowly adding to your practice. This way your path moves forward and out of the ditches
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  2:25:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jigjnasu
I can't put it any better than Ecdyonurus - Bienvenue!

I concur with Dogboy. Wait till you are comfortable with the practices you've already taken on. If you are not regular in your sittings and especially if you feel scared, it's best to consolidate first. Perhaps even time to trim back - look into the fear and those 'other reasons' - could they be an indication you have been moving too fast? You are the best judge of the situation.

Enjoy your practice!
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  2:32:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I added samyama after 3-4 months of DM but I skipped it after some weeks because it did not feel right. Did not experience major problems, simply was not comfortable with it. I woul also wait before adding samyama.
Go to Top of Page

jigjnasu

France
28 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  6:12:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Merci :)

Ok I will wait for more stability then.

@BlueRaincoat: I am not sure why I got scared at times some experiences surprise me and some other time I was feeling like my perceptions of myself and the others (well, the others through my sensations) was moving too fast or was felt too much. Don't know if I am clear enough but still not clear for me so ..

How could I look further into these reasons ?

Indeed I enjoy the practice :)
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  06:40:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you feel things are moving too fast and experience fear, then it maybe worth considering cutting back your DM and SBP by a few minutes. It certainly won't do any harm to experiment for a few weeks, see if that brings you more stability and balance.

It's better to find a routine you can keep up for the long haul than do too much and take long breaks.

Best wishes
Go to Top of Page

jigjnasu

France
28 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  10:16:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will make more try but I do think you are right. Today after SBP (10m) + DM (20m) I was not feeling ok and choose to lie down (on the right side and then on the back) for almost the same time of the practice.

Since last time I begin SBP a week before stopping practice I will reduce SBP to 5m see what happens and self pace a little more.

Edited by - jigjnasu on Jan 18 2015 10:24:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prem

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2015 :  10:02:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Prem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome! You're asking all the right questions. it also took me time to get into a regular twice daily practice. I made the mistake of taking on too much a year ago and fizzling out. Now I'm back hopefully a little wiser . Now that habit is established I don't really worry how long the practice is. My morning one is always longer than the afternoon but even during the practice I use a lot of self pacing so if symptoms are worse in a particular session I will do less and rest more. On a busy day at work I may only have time to slip into the restroom and have a five minute meditation. You have done the most important thing and that is resolving to commit to the twice daily habit no matter where you are. All the rest will work out in time. More stability. More inner silence and then you can introduce a little Samyama. Sometimes less can be more. There is no race. You are doing plenty so just enjoy the journey.

Edited by - Prem on Mar 08 2015 10:06:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

jigjnasu

France
28 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  2:19:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Actualy i am struggling to establish that regular daily practice. Since then I begun a new work and have trouble to adjust my habits

I regulary skip practice some time for several days.. Since then I completly cut of SBP and focus on DM. Surely a lack of discipline, I work on that.

Thanks for your welcoming message :)

Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  5:01:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe you could reduce your practice to a sustainable amount of time. Even only some minutes of DM. I also went through times where it became difficult to have a regular practice of a "normal" duration, and instead of struggling and being frustrated for not being able to do 40' sessions I found it easier and more effective to reduce the practice duration.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  5:16:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Actualy i am struggling to establish that regular daily practice. Since then I begun a new work and have trouble to adjust my habits

I regulary skip practice some time for several days.. Since then I completly cut of SBP and focus on DM. Surely a lack of discipline, I work on that.

Thanks for your welcoming message :)

nothing to beat yourself up for! what happens when you fall off a wagon? You chase after it and climb aboard! Surely you can sit and do a few spinal breaths, meditate five minutes and rest two more...what's that, ten minutes? You must have twenty minutes somewhere in your day, just for you?

You deserve it; just ask your guru !

Go to Top of Page

jigjnasu

France
28 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2015 :  3:37:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your kind encouragement and advice

Some spinal breaths are really fine even if not fully established in the practice ? Will try the light version for the moment when I don't succeed in doing my sitting.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2015 :  4:57:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jigjnasu:

You might find this lesson helpful on fitting practices into a busy schedule: http://www.aypsite.org/209.html

Long term results are about "honoring the habit" each day, no matter how little time we have on any given day. It isn't about how long we practice, but that we remember at the appointed time each day and do something, no matter how little. That way, when the time is there, so will the habit be there, and our practice.

Thank you for sharing, and wishing you all the best on your path!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

jigjnasu

France
28 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2015 :  09:12:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi yogani

Doesn't view that point thanks for the link and the advice. Doesn't thought of using habits that way. Also totally miss rest time.

I will try to establish practice at regularly hours and adjust the sessions times.

Thanks again for all

Edited by - jigjnasu on Mar 15 2015 10:03:18 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000