AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Chair Moving ???slowly but surely
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  10:45:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Pleasant day everyone,

The road to spirituality is really full of surprises. I have gotten accustomed to most of them....except my desk chair keep moving all by itself and it has become annoying.........really annoying...............it is not an entity..... and I ignore it so much that I reach a point where I just stretch my arms from the desk to reach the laptop to do my work......

IT IS NOT A ROLLING CHAIR with wheels.............

I sat behind a desk for 19years and plus doing studies and the chair
yeah it is really old never moved.............

since my shakti stuff was activated this is just a recent occurrence

How in this mortal world am I to deal with this one now?

What am to do? PS I changed the chair already it didn't work.

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2006 :  12:31:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi nsantoo,

Try a leash or a chain for some time. I expect it will give up its wonderlust when it sees the futility of its efforts.

All the best.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2006 :  02:57:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Where does the chair want to go? Perhaps it wants to bring you a message? Why not follow it or ask it what it wants?
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2006 :  12:16:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Those chairs always have a mind of their own.

Strange things can happen on this yogic path. Keep your feet on the ground...literally.
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2006 :  12:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Are you sure it's not the desk?
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2006 :  3:18:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I suppose some of you think this is funny, but let me tell you furniture is not to be trusted once it develops a mind of its own. Strong agreement with Sadhak here --- this rebellion must be stopped NOW and confined to nsantoo's meditation room.
Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2006 :  10:37:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hari Om
~~~~~~~
quote:
Originally posted by nsantoo

What am to do? PS I changed the chair already it didn't work.

this may seem simplistic, but where does it want to go?? I would ( this again is my simple orientation) wait to see where it wants to go. To find it's spot. maybe as simple as that. Again , I am not well versed in furniturlogy
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2006 :  12:33:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ask the question in your next meditation. Just put the question out there, ask kindly for clarity and knowledge and wait for an answer. It may come as a picture, a voice, a feeling or just a sense of "knowing".

I have a minor problem with the "falling-down-monster". Things are falling down from shelves and walls when I stand beside it. It is as if all shelves suddenly are not 90 degrees from the wall, but slightly facing down. Irritating sometimes.

My partner triggered the fire alarm at his job once. =)

Edited by - emc on Sep 09 2006 12:42:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2006 :  10:23:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

I have a minor problem with the "falling-down-monster". Things are falling down from shelves and walls when I stand beside it. It is as if all shelves suddenly are not 90 degrees from the wall, but slightly facing down. Irritating sometimes.

Hi thanks all for your response....funny ones too
I am o.k with the "things falling down" I experience this also
and the electrical interference I can understand these things................

My chair move to the left of to the right.........I believe its just my aura.......but I wish I could get my aura to do something good and not annoying

My son usually run from me also because of my aura............but no one mentioned the aura here

I would have to ask my guru..........
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2006 :  10:26:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Scott

Those chairs always have a mind of their own.

Strange things can happen on this yogic path. Keep your feet on the ground...literally.

Hi thanks.....am I not grounding off is this what it means?
I am really looking forward towards levitation again am I on the road to that?
Go to Top of Page

aditya

82 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2006 :  09:12:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit aditya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nsantoo,

Excuse me if I sound stupid. I am not sure if I am really getting the point. Is it the chair that is actually moving? Do you mean to say - it moves and we can measure it in physical units like inch, centimeter? or are you saying something else? Is it some philosophical jargon? What sort of meditation etc do you do?
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2006 :  8:21:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by aditya

nsantoo,

Excuse me if I sound stupid. I am not sure if I am really getting the point. Is it the chair that is actually moving? Do you mean to say - it moves and we can measure it in physical units like inch, centimeter?

Hi goodday,

It is me on the chair moving like in inches......when it reaches half a metre I just get up and place it back into position and continue my work....I am always in a hurry doing stuff for modules and so forth.....

I don't really meditate....when I'm behind the computer......I do jaap sometimes and hawan on certain days....prayers everyday not more than 2 minutes

I also attend the Ashram on Saturdays
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  4:01:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
threaten your chair by telling it that you will call the paparazzi on it.

When I was a kid, the National Inquirer once called us up after having heard a rumor about the family dog. We refused to comment, but they proceeded to make up a story about Toby and UFOs etc. If Toby *had* been making illicit runs to the Dog star, I'm sure this goofy story dampened his enthusiasm quite markedly.

Worth a shot!

If that just makes your chair more defiant, just call the Amazing Randy. Maybe the power of his disbelief can tone things down a bit.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000