AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 overcoming the gag reflex
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  2:48:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

Since joining AYP forum, I have tasted my urine. I have curled my tongue backward, stretching against my frenulum and wishing that tether were gone. And I have wondered about what these two gestures have in common. Both, I notice, seek to overcoming the gag reflex. Is that significant?

Francis of Assisi wrote mostly prayers and rules. The following few sentences are just about all that he wrote of his autobiography:

"...it was very painful to me to see lepers, but God himself led me into their midst, and I remained there a little while. When I left them, that which had seemed to me bitter had become sweet and easy."

Kissing people with leprosy, he overcame a gag reflex. Followers took it further. Some drank puss from the wounds of lepers. With Francis, they became beggars, eating scraps from other people's tables.

"...that which had seemed to me bitter had become sweet and easy." Do any of you have reflections on the theme of overcoming the gag reflex?

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  4:02:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The gag from these two activities seems to be a common experience. Fortunately for me I had little to no gag for either. It may be that I had become conditioned from years of other (extremely) gaggy activitiesThankfully, drinking lepers' oozing puss wasn't one of them

p.s. my heart goes out to anyone suffering an illness such as leprosy

Edited by - alan on Sep 12 2006 8:09:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  8:02:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alan

...other (extremely) gaggy activities

Alan, I'm curious just what gaggy activities you refer to. Would you care to elaborate for the benefit of your readers? Or perhaps it was for the benefit of the readers that you refrained from elaboration? Please proceed at your discretion.
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  8:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not what you think!

If you must know, as I've posted in olden days: years of snorting big nasty lines of gaggy stuff; guzzling volumes of whisky and ever-clear and beer; chain-smoking non-filtered cigarettes; smoking crack; smoking meth; injecting various nasties; eating fast-food; wallowing in misery; being judgemental; attatching to outcome; attatching to form; being a messed up mean worm.

Talk about energy imbalance!
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  8:31:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
By the way, I've changed my name here! I like balance. You can still call me alan
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  10:28:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by a yogin formerly known as alan

Not what you think!

You seem pretty sure you know what I was thinking. And you may be right. Nevertheless, in the interest full exploration of our topic, I'm curious, what do you suppose I was thinking? (Your answer will be confirmed or disconfirmed honestly.)
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  12:47:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Now you're pushin' it, Mister!

I don't kiss and tell!
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  09:32:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Balance

Now you're pushin' it, Mister!

OK, I'll let that one go.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  2:17:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Balance

By the way, I've changed my name here! I like balance. You can still call me alan

B-alan-ce
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000