Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 A dog that performs Yoga
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bipinjoshi

India
30 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  03:41:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit bipinjoshi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Friends,
Today I read one funny news in a newspaper. It seems Yoga is good for Dogs too. It has appeared in one of the top newspapers here. Just wanted to share. The news is give as is below. Enjoy

--------------------------------------
Yogi Doggie
===========
A dog performing yoga? Sounds implausible, but this is just what a dog in Jharkhand does with no less skill than a human, and eats only vegetarian fare.

Hritik, a 3 year old German Shepherd, pratices surya namskar, bhujanga asana and other asanas under the watchful eyes of his trainer in Ranchi.

Hritik is a follower of yoga guru Ramdev's style, and according to his trainer, Nanda Dulal, he started imitating him since he was a year old pup. "He was weak when he was born. We took special care of him and he gradually became strong after his yoga lessons. He has won many prizes at dog shows and he recently won the medal for best health," says Dulal.

"He started imitating me two years ago, and now sits beside me when I perform yoga. He follows my asanas, including my breathing," he adds.

" When I found that Hritik wants to do yoga, I started training him. Now both of us do yoga together every morning," he says proudly.

Like a typical vegetarian and a Ramdev follower, Hritik loves to eat ripe papayas and cucumber. He even helps Dulal in house hold chores such as keeping the bag of vegetables and meat in the right place. "Hritik does not eat mutton, but he never hesitates in carrying the mutton bag," he says.

Ask if Dulal would train other dogs to practice yoga, he replies: "Right now, I have no such plans. If people come to me with such proposals, I may consider."
--------------------------------------

Edited by - bipinjoshi on Sep 05 2006 03:44:21 AM

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  4:06:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What I want to know is if that German Shepherd can sit in lotus pose. That would be pretty amazing to me.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  10:45:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have never seen a dog that can't do 'Downward-facing dog'.

If the dog 'gets enlightened' I'm going to live in a kennel for the rest of my life and chase cats.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  11:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bad news for you David, I think Dogs are pretty much already enlightened!
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2006 :  10:49:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i don't think animals are enlightened. They just never developed the negative encumbrances that are the result of imagination in combination with abstract thinking. So from where we're at they seem so much better off. But they don't generally have the ability for god consciousness.
Would dogs start spinal breathing at the tip of their tail?. . .
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  03:51:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
If the dog 'gets enlightened' I'm going to live in a kennel for the rest of my life and chase cats.

quote:
Would dogs start spinal breathing at the tip of their tail?. . .

lol@ Etherfish and David
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000