Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Disturbance by a fly
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2006 :  12:20:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

this may sound quite funny, but recently my meditations
and exercises are disturbed or influenced by flys
(yes, those little insects that fly around and usually
get on your nerves).
I tried not to be disturbed by them, but it got very
difficult when they started crawling into my nostrils !
When this happens, the sensation is very intense, kind
of electrifying.
Generally flys do not bother me (in the sense that I detest them),
they are kind of interesting objects for me (my wife however
can't stand them, hates them).
In my meditation I tried to accept whatever sensation they
were causing, and when I am meditation on being one with
nature, one with the universe, I got interesting
associations, like become one with the fly (no, not really),
but become one with the sensations the fly is causing
(by the way, I am a very ticklish person).
Anyone else having similar experiences ?
Or any comments to such a situation ?

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 03 2007 12:59:48 AM

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2006 :  1:10:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wolfgang,

I think any meditator would get disturbed by flies crawling inside their nose while meditating. If I were meditating outside in nature and there were insects around I would wear a mosquito net around my head (at least) to take care of that.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2006 :  3:45:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wolfgang,

I've had the same thing happen, in a room that had no insects in it at all. They'd come onto my body at certain points. The intuitive/guessing part of me thinks that they were helping the kundalini...the common sense part of me (which sometimes is wrong) just thinks that flies came into the room and landed on my body cuz that's what they do. But it was strange how flies would appear only when I was doing yogic practices...this was also when it got most intense for me.

Cool to see someone had the same thing happen.
Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2006 :  6:38:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om
~~~~~
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgang

Hi all,
I tried not to be disturbed by them, ...

Hello Wolfgang,
There is the notion of 'a comfortable ride' for meditations. If the little ones are annoying, you may consider:
1. Moving them along - pushing them away
2. A new location, etc.

When meditating, one produces a harmonious surrounding, and the little ones, tend to be attracted to this, as are our pets, bugs, etc.

Why is this? The body temp increases, and we ‘radiate’ warmth.... take your temp if you wish to confirm this.

Good to not smack anything( Yama an Niyama practice)... just move them along if this suites your style.

Go to Top of Page

bipinjoshi

India
30 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2006 :  11:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit bipinjoshi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am not sure if you at all you use it but "Mosquito Net" is a simple way to keep such insects away

Edited by - bipinjoshi on Sep 05 2006 12:00:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  4:05:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bipinjoshi, but someone already suggested it to me. Now I wear one around everyday. It covers my whole body. Some people think I'm crazy, but it's annoying to have little insects crawling all over you.

:-P
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2007 :  12:59:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000