Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 About Amrita
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2014 :  10:14:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

It's been some time since my last questions. So here i go.
After achieving Kechari Mudra stage 2 it is natural to ask
about one of the most enigmatic results of this mudra.

The texts (HathaYoga Pradipika, Khecarividya and others) mention a succession of flavors
(salty, metal like, sweet) and one is just to "consume" the sweet one.

I've only felt the salty flavor, and if i swallow it my stomach feels "strange"

You can research a little and find that some old cultures and civilizations used to sungaze
in order to obtain this same Amrita or "Christos" or whatever they called it.

Some link it to the pineal gland and other stuff.

Does anyone have actually tasted the Amrita? (cool question, huh?)

Blessings to Everyone,

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2014 :  7:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet like honey water, drips down from the top of the mouth (nasal passage), mixes with the saliva, and then flows back down to be recycled...the nectar cycle...it certainly has an intoxicating effect that is both calming and invigorating. It is flowing right now, as I write.

I'm at stage 5 kechari, which is blocking of the throat. This allows the amrita to pool for a little while as the tongue is "swallowed". Kind of like creating a temporary reservoir/dam to savor the sublimated elixir.

Pretty trippy.
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  11:35:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Stage 5 of Kechari and Amrita. May i ask you a couple questions?

- Does Amrita drips by itself? or do you have to "churn" some 3 points in your nassal passage?
- Does really Kechari has anything to do with the flow of amrita? i mean, you get to stage 3 and then amrita flows or something like that.
- Is it really "trippy"? Some people says it is cerebroespinal fluid, DMT ... etc.
- Where do i read about the Nectar Cycle?

Thank you alot!
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  7:42:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Aibaru

Here is the nector cycle on AYP. As Bodhi said it is very intoxicating. I have similar experiences.

http://www.aypsite.org/304.html

Enjoy

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  9:24:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For me, yes, kechari stimulates the flow. One very excellent thing I have noticed recently is the ability of kechari to help me diffuse friction in the surrounding local field. For instance, I was sitting in an AA meeting and felt waves of turbulence coming through my filter, so I closed my eyes, did kechari, and in a few minutes, I was feeling much better. It's a bliss pump. Mixed with samyama-like thoughts, it is powerful.
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2014 :  5:00:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bodhi

Actually in my case just the Samyama thoughts stimulates the system. Also i don't do the Kechri practice any more as since my crown opened about one and half years ago it is too much to handle. But it is automatic so just the awareness puts it in motion. You are absolutely right when you press the paddle then lot of energy and bliss flows as well.
From AA you mean Ann Arbor. It is close to me as I am in Canton and almost goes to Ann Arbor every weekend.

Take care

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2014 :  5:40:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
From AA you mean Ann Arbor.

I guarantee there is AA in AA.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2014 :  7:48:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LMAO, Dogboy. You are sharp as a tack, bro. Love the good-natured wit.

Incidentally, I am in Florida, but one of our fine colleagues is in both AA's. Ann Arbor and the fellowship that will not be named. Alas, I have no fear of Voldemort, but I respect others who wish not to speak his name. I am building a website called "AYP for Recovery", where I will easily favor a non-anonymous position of sharing my story and the techniques which have allowed me to be free of certain addictions. It is my opinion that the days of hiding, shame, and shyness are coming to an end. Maybe we can all just be mature adults and recognize the inherent innocence of our being, without the need to superimpose such self-defeating categorizations as "alcoholic".

But! Bringing it full circle, kechari in AA meetings has been super helpful. You won't find that one in the Big Book.
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2014 :  9:48:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AA in AA got it !. Bodhi good luck with the website, looking forward to the website. Your posts are very forthcoming, honest and funny, love it.

PKJ

Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2014 :  5:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So, kechari does help in stimulating the flow.

Does the amrita start flowing at a special stage? i mean something like after x years of kechari practice,
or after achieving full body ecstatic conductity

What do you mean by "intoxicating"?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2014 :  7:26:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I started noticing the amrita after I had a strong energy blast several years ago. But...part of me feels like it was present in earlier years, and I just didn't notice it (even before starting practices like DM). I went through a long stretch of heavy drinking, so perhaps I was just numbing my perception and therefore missed it. In any case, when I did detox and sober up, I got the very strong aforementioned blast, and found AYP and soon stumbled upon kechari. I found I could go into kechari pretty easily right off the bat, but there were immediate overload symptoms in the heart, so I have used self-pacing accordingly.

Intoxicating? Well, for me, that's when things become luminous. Objects are seen to be glowing. Even the air and empty space is glowing. And then reality becomes more and more holographic--as points of focus are revealed to be interconnected and therefore portals to the vast interconnected web of Being. It's much better than the intoxication of drugs or alcohol, because there is a sublime clarity and weightlessness that is present when the flow is strong. So...the new addiction is to make the flow as strong as possible, skimming across serenity. So it goes.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2014 :  07:06:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my case Amrita has happened only astrally. I see it as a silver liquid flowing down from crown chakra (universe-shaped) thru' the medulla down the spinal nerve. Lately it drips in large golden drops.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2014 :  12:51:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's nice, so the first thing you did was to detoxify and sober up. I'm staring backwards first kechari, and now detoxifying and sobering up!
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2014 :  09:38:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

Sweet like honey water, drips down from the top of the mouth (nasal passage), mixes with the saliva, and then flows back down to be recycled...the nectar cycle...it certainly has an intoxicating effect that is both calming and invigorating. It is flowing right now, as I write.

I'm at stage 5 kechari, which is blocking of the throat. This allows the amrita to pool for a little while as the tongue is "swallowed". Kind of like creating a temporary reservoir/dam to savor the sublimated elixir.

Pretty trippy.

Namaste dear teacher. I followed your model. It worked as suggested. My first conscious taste of such honey. A shift in perception that goes with it too.

Edited by - bewell on Sep 23 2014 09:39:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2014 :  09:41:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste.
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2015 :  12:41:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You guys went to stage 5!?

Did you cut the frenelum and all that stuff?

How do you get the tongue out of the throat, do you have to fish it out, cough it out?

Is stage 5 better for bringing about amrita than say other stages?

So many questions :-)
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2015 :  01:37:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't have to do any cutting. Re: getting it out, it's not too dramatic. Very subtle, actually. But it's still quite sensitive for me, and I have to use self-pacing. The further back the tongue goes, the more the heart is activated, as well as the third eye between the hemispheres (pineal gland).

And yes, stage 5 seems to be the most stimulating both for energy flow and the amrita drip. But again, let me emphasize self-pacing, because there have been times when my head has felt like it's in a microwave and pressure cooker rolled into one. Hence, less is more.

When it is used easily and judiciously, the result is very pleasant. Actually, in another thread, I talked about how kechari has been useful in densely packed AA meetings. Bewell corroborated his own experience of using it to mitigate friction in a group setting.

Stillness in action likes to radiate 360 degrees.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2015 :  01:44:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wait. I mentioned using kechari in AA in this thread. Seems like there is still another thread where we talked about it too. Oh well, repetition can be helpful.
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2015 :  02:49:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, thanks for the answers!

If I manage to get it down, I will definitely self pace.

Did you have to work your way up to it? Did you have to guide it with a finger at first?

Sounds quite a way off for me but I figure while i have your attention might as well ask

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2015 :  08:17:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I definitely had to work my way gradually upwards and back. First it was just kind of tickling and exploring the soft palette, then I had an inclination to make a subtle twist to enter the chamber. Then a couple years went by before I felt the nudge to let the tongue roll back onto itself for the throat seal. (I don't remember using my finger, per se. I think my tongue seemed versatile enough for whatever reason).
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2015 :  2:11:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that feedback, sounds like it is just aided by ecstatic conductivity over time to get the tongue to be able to go down the throat. I tried it a bit last night and while it goes up just fine, trying to go down seemed really awkward. No hurries for downstairs and stage 5, have my hands full given that I can barely resist playing around upstairs lol.
Go to Top of Page

radarsh17

Bahamas
13 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2015 :  11:29:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I believe I am in the 4th stage of Kechari. I can go a little upwards of the bony structure and touch its edge. Is that the extent up to which the tongue can go? Because there seems to be some sort of an opening beyond the edge of the bony structure, which I cant get into.

Anyway, I don't think there is any flow of liquid that seems to be Amrita for me. Apart from the liquids in the septum and the nasal hole tissues, a mucous like liquid accumulates at the top of the bony structure, which I forcefully churn and swallow up, but again I don't believe that to be amrita as I don't feel significantly different. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Also, @Bhodhi Tree- when you say you are in the stage 5 of Khechari, do you mean youve managed to get your tongue down the throat and the bony structure, instead of up?
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2015 :  11:05:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Amrita seems to start flowing after getting some sort of "Kundalini smash"
And in our current "toxic western" lifestyle, a good detox is one such approach to take
in consideration (read this somewhere else, Biology of Kundalini, nice read!)
Always be careful we don't to go through extreme bad "left side" episodes (ala Gopi Krishna)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000