Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Last step in khechari: getting past the bony dent?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

radarsh17

Bahamas
13 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2015 :  12:14:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So I had a spontaneous Khechari mudra some 3 months back and have been practicing since. For a long time I have been comfortably able to get into the nasopharyngeal cavity, put my tongue up the nasal septum and the nasal hole pathways. However, over the last few weeks I have found a new place, maybe behind the septum but I'm not sure. It is sort of like an indentation, I can tell it is somewhat bony and triangular and leads into some empty space above. I have just about gotten near what seems like it's edge and I get a hint of a liquid coming down for the first time. Has anyone achieved full khechari? What is this bony indentation, I cant seem to be able to find the name for it on the web. Am I somewhat close to getting to the point where Amrta gets triggered?

Edited by - radarsh17 on Jun 12 2015 01:54:52 AM

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2015 :  11:09:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi radarsh17!

Welcome to the forum. You're doing great with Kechari Mudra. But as a mudra kechari is a physical movement like a yoga asana. Nothing necessarily happens when the physical movement of kechari is made.

Unless kundalini is moving and the "neuro-biological transformation", as Yogani calls it has started your won't feel energy, ecstasy or taste amrita.

The way to get kunalini moving is to practice pranayama or spinal breathing as AYP calls it. And the way to get kundalini moving in way that doesn't cause us to go crazy is to practice mantra meditation or deep meditation as AYP calls it.

On the left side of this page under the heading "Key Lessons" you can read all the free lessons Yogani has wrote covering all of Yoga and you can go directing to the "Deep Meditation" and "Spinal Breathing Pranayama" lessons there also.

I've done Kechari in childhood with zero energy sensations.

And I've had ecstatic energy sensations since 1980 that have overwhelmed me and made me crazy. AYP deep meditation and spinal breathing have made my life way better.

Amrita is very minty for me. I've had another tasty liquid at the top of the nasal septum too that is different from amrita so I'm not sure if that's what your tasting.

Even if you get kundalini awakened by doing kechari mudra, and you might, it may not be a nice, controllable experience.

Deep meditation and spinal breathing will not only help you awaken the energy but make it controllable.

The best part of your post is the love or bhakti you express for the Spirit in you radarsh17.

Hope you hang out here at the forum all you want. Maybe others here can help you out more with info.

Take care!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2015 :  11:10:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi radarsh17

Have you checked out this lesson:
http://www.aypsite.com/plus/284.html

Amrita can be triggered at any stage of advanced yoga practice. In can happen before practising kechari, or at any point afterwards.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2015 :  1:04:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone, this is a good question I am currently just over the bony indentation above the septum all is energetic and Kechari has been without cutting but, have remained stuck here as the jaw will not lower any further to stretch the lingual tendon via talabya Kriya.

While sitting today it came to hold talabya fully stretched tongue suctioned to hard pallet and push against the tendon to induce stretching, prior to release.

Did this 30 or so times but may have strained a bit more than intended. Will give this 1 year and if no progress will need to learn how to snip.

Yes have seen other links but no good pictures or videos of snipping maybe it will be on the AYP Plus Site someday?

The energetic component is present tongue wants to go up higher current limitation is in the flesh.

Edited by - So-Hi on Jun 12 2015 1:36:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

radarsh17

Bahamas
13 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2015 :  12:20:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yea, the tongue seems to naturally move towards the hole beyond the bony indentation. But the frenlum wouldn't just allow it. Also, ive seen that the soft palate sometimes folds behind the frenlum as it is stretched beyond limits. Maybe this is a shortcut to full khechari without cutting?
Go to Top of Page

radarsh17

Bahamas
13 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2015 :  04:39:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I went in front of my mirror and saw that the soft palate bends upward so much when I put my tongue up the nasal cavity that the bony indentation was completely visible. So I thought hell, my frenlum is not thin enough for the tongue to go farther up, so what if I put my finger up the nasal cavity? I worked my finger from the dent and entered a hollow place above, and two other dents on either side of the hollow space that leads to what I believe are ears.

I dont know if its because I touched the roof with my finger, but it is the most sensitive place ive come across. I was sneezing for more than 10 mins touching it. So you guys think, putting my finger up the bony dent and into the hollow space would qualify for a complete kechari? Or is it only effective with the tongue?
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2015 :  09:37:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is this being read correctly that your soft pallet folds backwards and follows the tonge up? With this body the soft pallet acts like an elastic band that holds the tonge and the uvula can be seen with mouth open touching the floor of the open mouth with mudra in place.

Concerning placing a finger in there it seems like a dangerous proposition the bone that covers the pituatary is described as thin in the anatomical diagrams it is thought it could cause death if the bone was broken and the pituitary damaged or perhaps damage to the optic nerves not sure how vulnerable to pressure they are from the surface underneath as most humans never go there.

does anyone in the medical community know these answers?

Go to Top of Page

radarsh17

Bahamas
13 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2015 :  12:09:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If I just open my mouth wide, the soft palate bends and sort of goes a centimeter or two upwards of its actual position, and so revealing the bony dent. I dont even have to roll my tongue backwards to do this. Maybe because of practicing khechari mudra all this time, the palate became flexible? I'm not sure.

And yes, it would be really helpful if someone knows if there's any potential danger in substituting my finger for the tongue in performing khechari as it seems a whole lot easier. Also, are the effects same if the finger is used instead?
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2015 :  9:00:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I dont know if its because I touched the roof with my finger, but it is the most sensitive place ive come across. I was sneezing for more than 10 mins touching it. So you guys think, putting my finger up the bony dent and into the hollow space would qualify for a complete kechari? Or is it only effective with the tongue?

I foresee two dangers: 1) introducing bacteria; need to assume clean finger, clipped nail and 2) having the finger lodge in the midst of a sneeze or a panic, possibly tearing palette. Not to mention you look damn silly. Kechari with tongue is stealth, hard to top that. Allow your Bhakti to determine how far up the tongue goes, and surrender happily to where you find yourself now .
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2015 :  4:39:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi radarsh17:

The soft palate should come down with the tongue going up behind it, not pushed up into the nasal pharynx. Repeatedly putting the finger up into the nasal pharynx is not appropriate kechari practice, nor particularly healthy. Not advised. It is suggested to relax and let kechari happen more naturally. No need to force anything.

There is no place to go above the bony structure near the top of the pharynx. The pituitary is directly above, but there is no physical pathway to it through the bone. The connection is purely neurological. In fact the connection can be made better in stage 2-3 kechari at the "secret spot" on the back edge of the septum, with the tongue, not the finger. No need to push further up, or even very far into the nasal passages (stage 4). I understand the urge to push the limits. Have been there myself. However, in the long run, less will prove itself to be more. With good ecstatic conductivity, even stage 1 kechari can be quite effective in closing the circuit, as many have found out.

All the best. Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000