Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Automatic Yoga
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  02:42:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
How far should we encourage it?

I have lately been paying a lot more attention to what prana wants to do instead of "controlling" to make it do what I want it to do i.e. move up and down the spinal nerve. What happens is that I go into automatic yoga and prana does not then move straight forward up and down the spine but goes up, does a couple of mini-cycles in the upper half of the body (vertical circulation between solar plexus and head), then slowly sips down to do a few mini-cycles in the lower half of the body (can be vertical circulation root to solar plexus or horizontal circulation around the abdomen)before going back up the spine to the third-eye again and repeating the mini-cycles.

This is obviously not as instructed in AYP - so should I encourage this behaviour or take control and stick with the agenda - up and down the spinal nerve?

Is there benefit to listening to what prana wants to do?

I thank you for your kind advice

Sey

Ayiram

88 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  07:20:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ayiram's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Sey,

you´ve mentioned in another thread here that you´ve been lately combining AYP with some Kriya practices - maybe the effects of both practices are mixing now?

maybe you should stick with only one practice?

if it´ll be SB you know what Yogani says about it - your attention should always be free to trace the spinal nerve. everything else you should regard as "scenery".

Edited by - Ayiram on Jul 02 2014 07:33:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2014 :  05:14:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yes. I think it has more to do with Navi Kriya which I have added to my practice loosening "the middle knot". Instructions for kriya is also to trace up and down the spine. And my real question here is the last question: Is there benefit in listening to what prana wants to do? The energy we are working with is after all intelligent.

Thank you Ayiram

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2014 :  05:41:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey,

There is an extent to which prana will guide the process of spinal breathing. For examle prana can slow down the breath, or even speed it up. At times the breath can become suspended inside the body, or outside the body. If that is happening then it is fine to allow that to happen. But the basic procedure of following the central chanel up to the ajna chakra and back down to the root chakra is not changed. Prana can flow in different ways within the body and outside the body and that changes over time. Being able to see it and feel it is one effect of the practice. But it is the procedure (moving the attention up and down the central channel) which produces the effects, not the other way round. If you start chasing prana around the body, then you are doing something else, and you should come back to the basic procedure.

As for kundalini having it's own intelligence, it does, but it is not supremely intelligent. Left to it's own devices it can cause quite a lot of problems, so it is best to guide it's flow in a way that is safe over the long term.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2014 :  06:49:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi - much appreciated and noted.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2014 :  09:53:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In quiet moments, driving a car for instance, any attention I put on bliss tends to activate it. I often will provoke its arousal, play with it and notice how it dances for a few moments, just for the pleasure of it. Yes, moving up on the inhale and down on the ex, but I let it move about and swirl, especially about my solar plexus. But this is separate from my sit sessions; I trace the nerve as instructed.

Surely I'm not the only one inciting arousal!

Sey, are you asking about breathing/prana in or outside your practice?
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2014 :  04:55:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
During my SBP practice - I go into automatic yoga and prana does it thing.

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000